If you could only watch one TV programme..

Baselayers

Everybody Loves raymond......the greatest polemic on family life ever

Storyline for every episode; Raymond does something with the best of intentions that goes wrong. Deborah makes a huge fuss about it and says he's a dork. Raymond apologies and eats humble pie and says honey it was all my fault. They make up.

West Wing.

The casting is amazing.

I regularly watch seasons 1 - 4 but I break out in a horrible rash if I watch seasons 5, 6 or 7.

Up to season 4, this was the greatest tv show ever made.

I'm up to series 3 on DVD. I watched it when the show was on originally but just thought it was about time to watch it again now I understand a bit more about politics. It really is amazing and could watch it over and over. If I could be any TV character it would probably Josh Lyman.

Other than that, Darkplace and the IT Crowd have me in hysterics whenever I put the DVDs on or watch random youtube clips

5-7 of west wing are great still imo. Season 7 less so, particularly toby's storyline, but I think 5 and 6 have been harshly criticised, maybe just because sorkin left after season 4 people presumed it would drop off, but I disagree.

I was a huge fan of King of Queens. Basically because Kevin James was a fat bastard (like me) and had a fit wife (like me) I saw it as some sort of mirroring of my life. Wıthout the delivery driver job and liking for American Football...

5-7 of west wing are great still imo. Season 7 less so, particularly toby's storyline, but I think 5 and 6 have been harshly criticised, maybe just because sorkin left after season 4 people presumed it would drop off, but I disagree.

You're right, s7 was absolutely awful.. Awful awful awful.

The problem I had with S5 - 6 was that it suddenly started treating the viewers like idiots and started focussing too much on the politics rather than character development.

Question for you though: Do you think Toby really did it, or did he take the fall for CJ?

it would need to be an easy to watch comedy with lots of episodes/series, so that you can just dip in and out and have a laugh with any random episode.

so i think it would have to be something like Only Fools & Horses or Friends or Simpsons.

Everybody Loves raymond......the greatest polemic on family life ever

Storyline for every episode; Raymond does something with the best of intentions that goes wrong. Deborah makes a huge fuss about it and says he's a dork. Raymond apologies and eats humble pie and says honey it was all my fault. They make up.

Who wouldn't make up with Deborah? I'd **** the snot outta her :nod: :nod: :nod:

Â