Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Liking the look of the glimpes of the new shirt, and think that Swerbs is pretty much spot on judging by the snippets we have seen. Amazing how positive the feeling around the club is now in comparison to 2/3 months ago, PF and RL really need to ride this wave now and continue to turn us round and get us heading in the right direction again.

Nike Sizes

S - 34/36

M - 38/40

L - 42/44

XL - 46/48

XXL - 50/52

XXXL - 54/56

Macron Sizes (from OS)

S - 38/40

M - 40/42

L - 42/44

XL - 44/46

XXL - 46/48

XXXL - 48/50

XXXXL - 58

I think the Macron sizes are wrong because the Nike ones have gaps 42/44 then 46/48. Macron sizes overlap.

Think its going to have the collar European Cup winning season, coming down at a V (like Imarsha's) kind of. With the single claret stripe in the middle though not just blue. Claret shoulders and then the collar Imarsha has. Basically Swerbs' with the V-shape collar Imarsha has used imo.

Just been watching the excellent videos on the Villa youtube page and its looking very promising indeed isn't it!!

Nice to know there is a good chance I'm not going come out of this looking like a complete plank after defending Macron so much over the past few months. :lol:

I don't know if people have seen it anyway, but on the OS there is a link that says 'meet macron' (under the countdown to the new kit).

On that link there are quite a few videos. On the 15 minute video about design, it looks, to me, like the collar will be blue with just one claret stripe (and not multiple, like on the templates posted in this thread).

Did Nike every put this much effort into making videos for the fans and the kit itself? I don't remember them being this enthusiastic about us and it's nice to see Macron treating us like the big club we are.

The kit looks nice from the parts seen so far.

Like the look of it so far. Seems as if we've binned the checks after a couple of seasons?!!? Unless the away kit carrys on with them.

Agree that Macron seem to be making an effort which we never had from Nike. Quite looking forward to having a change of supplier.

Seems very promising and what is clear is the amount of research that has gone in to the design and also a great deal of thought.

The negative reaction by some on here to it being Macron was way OTT yet it seems that they are about to produce something very nice. The Italians generally know what they are doing when it comes to design and like the video says design and fashion is the legacy of Italy. Whereas Nike comes courteous of the general vulgarity that is America bringing you such gems as the Pontiac Aztek.

Seems very promising and what is clear is the amount of research that has gone in to the design and also a great deal of thought.

The negative reaction by some on here to it being Macron was way OTT yet it seems that they are about to produce something very nice. The Italians generally know what they are doing when it comes to design and like the video says design and fashion is the legacy of Italy. Whereas Nike comes courteous of the general vulgarity that is America bringing you such gems as the Pontiac Aztek.

Err, Nike made some nice kits and since when was America "vulgar"? :| The only bad thing about Nike is that the kits were always so late. Hope we get Macron kits in May like every other club does.

Err, Nike made some nice kits and since when was America "vulgar"? :| The only bad thing about Nike is that the kits were always so late. Hope we get get Macron kits in May like every other club does.

Looks like a bit of a stutter in bold...

Small in Nike is a what in Macron?

Small or maybe a large juniors

It is the bigger sizes where the difference is.

I had an email last week from Russell Jones saying the sizes would be the same as Nikes

Hello Luke.

I am assured by our Head of Merchandising that Macron’s sizing will be very similar to Nike’s (if not exactly the same as Nike’s). This important detail was relayed to them at the start of our agreement.

Best, Russell

Unless there is an error on the OS the largest kit will be 6 inchwes smaller than Nike's biggest unless you go to a 58

Err, Nike made some nice kits and since when was America "vulgar"? :| The only bad thing about Nike is that the kits were always so late. Hope we get Macron kits in May like every other club does.

Err, they were ok, not exactly nice and not really anything better than the norm but vulgar is Uniteds new kit. And to go into detail about America would be OT, its great that you dont think it is.

If the team suggested the away colour I would put money on it being green as 11 of our players are Irish - pity they couldn't have got it out for the euros as I would have wore it rather than an Irish jersey - presuming it is green

Err, they were ok, not exactly nice and not really anything better than the norm but vulgar is Uniteds new kit. And to go into detail about America would be OT, its great that you dont think it is.

Yeah Nike's kits this year are pretty crap but I think our recent kits with them have been some of our best in a while.

Â