Vegetarians / Meat-Eaters

ender4

Good post Mj. It's the uproar about the cruelty of Halal meat that makes me life. Have these people not seen what happens in slaughter houses?!

I would be nice to catch your own animal and kill it in a humane way to then cook and prep on an open fire.

Something that is practised by some Sikhs I might add.

What about only eating animals that would eat you if they had the chance?

Is that a good philosophy?

I feel like ascertaining the exact ethical stance of each individual animal before you eat it would be very time consuming. Dem evil chikinz doe.

evil-chx.jpg

• Like 1

Not really. Tony may be able to comment on this, but I believe the general rule is that herbivore meat mostly tastes good, and carnivore meat bad.
  • Like 1

Not really. Tony may be able to comment on this, but I believe the general rule is that herbivore meat mostly tastes good, and carnivore meat bad.

You clearly never had human.

• Like 1

It's not that they do feed on you but rather that they would if they could.

Anyway, surely Tony wouldn't be the best person to ask but rather Selwyn Gummer's daughter?

• Like 1

So in other words it's ok to eat vegetarians :)

But Chickens eat crickets and worms don't they ?

There's a few on here that are putting emotional consciousness into animals. It doesn't work that way. These animals are born, eat, defecate and sleep and are then uncruelly bolted. There is no drama, no emotion, just pure instinct.

We've eaten meat since day 1, we will continue to do so until the day humans cease to exist.

I understand that there are exceptions to the uncruel killing, but they make up a tiny proportion.

We harvest meat because it meant we didn't have to hunter-gather anymore. Why walk hundreds of miles when you can slap a fence round a herd of buffalo right?

Farming meat and settling populations enabled humans to create things, like tools etc. You think we'd have any usable metal wondering around the plains?

I know you know this, and vegetarianism is a choice, just like carnivorism. But to not have meat on the basis that you've saved a life, or won't eat a burger because it's processed, is very strange.

You haven't saved anything.

The right attitude to vegetarianism is ingram, on the basis that not eating meat is healthy -for him.

• Like 1

There's a few on here that are putting emotional consciousness into animals. It doesn't work that way. These animals are born, eat, defecate and sleep and are then uncruelly bolted. There is no drama, no emotion, just pure instinct.

We've eaten meat since day 1, we will continue to do so until the day humans cease to exist.

I understand that there are exceptions to the uncruel killing, but they make up a tiny proportion.

We harvest meat because it meant we didn't have to hunter-gather anymore. Why walk hundreds of miles when you can slap a fence round a herd of buffalo right?

Farming meat and settling populations enabled humans to create things, like tools etc. You think we'd have any usable metal wondering around the plains?

I know you know this, and vegetarianism is a choice, just like carnivorism. But to not have meat on the basis that you've saved a life, or won't eat a burger because it's processed, is very strange.

You haven't saved anything.

The right attitude to vegetarianism is ingram, on the basis that not eating meat is healthy -for him.

It would be nice to be able to eat healthier meat though. Does anybody know if there is much difference with organic meat taste and health wise to justify the extortionate cost?

Â