Vegetarians / Meat-Eaters

ender4

I'm neither of those things I'm afraid especially not a model : )

I watched Richard and Judy the once, they had a guy on there who got all his meat from road kill.

Edited by useless

Good post Mj. It's the uproar about the cruelty of Halal meat that makes me life. Have these people not seen what happens in slaughter houses?!

I would be nice to catch your own animal and kill it in a humane way to then cook and prep on an open fire.

Something that is practised by some Sikhs I might add.

Could you explain the cruelty of Halal meat?

The right attitude to vegetarianism is ingram, on the basis that not eating meat is healthy -for him.

Whilst I'm sure Ingram is now healthier since his switch to episcopalianism, I suspect its the overall guidelines he's set for his diet, rather than not eating meat, that have made the difference IMO.

Eating unprocessed food is better for your health, whether your protein comes from chicken or wild Alaskan salmon.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed since I've had this allotment is that I enjoy vegetables more than I used to. Whether that's down them being organic and as fresh as it's possible to be, or simply psychological (the sheer novelty of growing my own food - free!), I don't know. They're still a support act for meat, though.

Nah I don't reckon it's psychological.

My mom's started growing her own veg and it tastes goooood. Probably the freshness. Picking veg and then eating it within the hour.

Garden veggies are the best. My old man had a garden for the last 10 years of his life. He really enjoyed it, and he grew some great veggies. This time last year he was harvesting cucumbers and tomatoes.

I was brought up in a vegetarian family, there's 8 of us,  I've never poisoned my body with he flesh of a dead animal, and we're all incredibly healthy human beings who have suffered no kind of illnesses, we look just like other humans and we definitely do not smell. 

'Poisoned my body with the flesh of a dead animal'? Oh puh-leese. 

Sounds exactly like the sort of cant we've come to expect from religious zealots. 

Come on mj. You've an IQ of 140+... Don't stoop to a level whereby you attack a person's turn of phrase and make that representative of their entire philosophy. What would MENSA have to say about that?

Couldn't give a **** what MENSA think. 

Your original post was a fine, rational, un-hectoring 'food for thought' piece - pragmatic, and admirably devoid of emotional guff. 

PiFacE's was just holier-than-thou sermonising. 

No, it's not. 

I hate the idea of putting meat in my body (which is the flesh of a dead animal, is it not?). I have no desire to do so. 

Am I not allowed that opinion? I've not said i'm better than anyone for having that opinion. 

But saying that, PieFacE, is implying that the rest of are poisoning our body, just because we eat meat.

Well, if I said I wouldn't poison my body with drugs would suddenly anyone who takes drugs be offended? (legal or illegal?)

Edited by PieFacE

But saying that, PieFacE, is implying that the rest of are poisoning our body, just because we eat meat.

Well, if I said I wouldn't poison my body with drugs would suddenly anyone who takes drugs be offended? (legal or illegal?)

The point is that meat doesn't poison anyone. That's just complete bullshit. Making a false equivalency between meat and drugs is ridiculous.

• Like 1

But Mad Cows Disease :P

to be fair, "poison" was probably the wrong choice of words, I genuinely didn't intend for it to come across the way it did. So  yeah I retract that comment. You can all do what you want and I really don't care, the original point I was making is that it is perfectly possible to be a completely healthy person without consuming meat.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Â