Vegetarians / Meat-Eaters

ender4

95% of the meat you eat must by the same token have been thankful to have had a life in the first place.

And i suppose they tell you that just before you stick it in your mouth? :P

I really don't know whether it's better to live for a short while then die, or to not live at all. I mean, is it better for a child to live for i dont know....5 years and die, or to never have been born at all? I really cant make my mind up with that one....]

Anyone who thinks its wrong for humans to eat animals is themselves wrong. Humans have eaten other animals for thousands of years, its called a food chain. To try to claim that its wrong because the animals are killed to provide us with food is nonsense.

I guess it depends on how you view the food chain. To me, the food chain is all about survival. You're quite right, man did eat a lot of meat for thousands of years, well done ;) .... but "back in the day" ... it was about survival. Now, through intelligence we can quite easily survive without having to kill any animals at all. If you're happy to eat dead animals then that's fine, i wouldn't be all preachy and tell you not too (quite frankly i couldnt care less), but I do believe it's wrong for me to eat meat because animals are killed... so i guess my opinion is just nonsense.... stupid me!

I find the whole process of slaughtering animals abhorrent. I won't eat anything that has been killed, because I don't have to.

This pretty much sums it up for me too.

I can't stand meat eaters, they're generally of low IQ, fat and smell.
I guess you're joking (it's the sort of thing carnivores routinely say about veggies), but I'll play:

I'm a meat eater, IQ about 142, educated to masters level, distance runner. I may well smell though, I'm probably not the best judge. :)

OTOH, Adolf Hitler was a teetotal veggie.

There you go, scientific proof.

:winkold:

Aren't IQ scores nonsense?

I guess you're joking (it's the sort of thing carnivores routinely say about veggies), but I'll play:

I'm a meat eater, IQ about 142, educated to masters level, distance runner. I may well smell though, I'm probably not the best judge. :)

yea they are mostly, although MENSA do require a 'sort of' IQ test. There are 2 they prefer to use and to get into it you have to achieve at least a 139 in the one or a 146 in the other.

This result puts you into the upper 2% percentile... Not many IT Technicians with an IQ of more than 130 :lol:

Veal doesn't have to be raised in a crate. As has been pointed out, there are plenty of male calves that simply get destroyed needlessly. There are some farmers raising free range veal, but they currently have a limited market due to stupid predjudices.

I agree with whoever said that "food" = "meat". Vegetables are pretty much just a garnish as far as I'm concerned. And fruit is a somewhat unappetising form of medicine, not food.

case closed, argument over

By any chance do you have a Scottish heritage Mike as the above is basically our national motto :)

yea they are mostly, although MENSA do require a 'sort of' IQ test. There are 2 they prefer to use and to get into it you have to achieve at least a 139 in the one or a 146 in the other.

This result puts you into the upper 2% percentile... Not many IT Technicians with an IQ of more than 130 :lol:

"Technician"? Cheeky bastard. :D

And yes, I think that IQ tests are indeed bollocks. But I do consistently score in that top 2%, for what it's worth.

And yes, I think that IQ tests are indeed bollocks. But I do consistently score in that top 2%, for what it's worth.

Hmm

They're pretty consistent, even if they're bollocks. same as you, last one I did I got 142 although I've been as low as 138 and as high as 145 in the past.

They're pretty consistent, even if they're bollocks. same as you, last one I did I got 142 although I've been as low as 138 and as high as 145 in the past.

we're a smart bunch on here, I'm another meat eater who scores in that top 2 percentile highest score in the 150's, lowest upper 130's, when i tried to join the RAF as an engineering apprentice the mental aptitude test i took actually put me in the top 1% of population, not that it's done me much good to be honest, shame i can't put forward an argument about smelling, well I could but it would fall apart if the wife is called to give evidence.

meat I love it,

I'm not a veggie but I just don't eat alot of meat really at all. I don't think all the hormones, antibiotics et al they

inject into livestock is doing the human race any favours personally.

I get an organic bag of veg delivered from a local farmers co-operative with recipes and try & use that.

I try & buy organic milk, free range eggs and proper bread, but I'm not obessive about it.

If I fancy something junkie occasionally I'll eat it & because I don't eat alot of meat or fish.... I actually enjoy it alot when I do.

Since we're all practically queuing up to boast about how smart we all are, I'll chip in with a bit of my own repressed elitism as well.I was part of this government programme back when I was 10 or 11 years old so that would put me in the "smartest" 1% of the Singaporean student population

Ahh, but do you eat meat, and more importantly if you do, do you smell?

I have a friend who is a veggie and thus she has made her child a veggie as well (child is now 6) ... I just find it wrong to impose that on a child ..the child has to eat whole grain rice , bread etc and all the other hippy food ..

Hang on, whole grain rice and bread is "hippy food"?

Â