Midweek football 19/21 December

andykeenan

Yeah the abuse is OTT but then Blackburn fans are hardly a rebelling bunch are they?

Truth is the Venkys don't have a clue as sacking Big Sam was a moronic decision as he was exactly right for a club like Blackburn and Kean is totally out of his depth and should've been put out of his misery a long time ago hence the fans anger.

Technically it is منصور as his name is taken from a language with a different alphabet. There is no right or wrong translation (hence there being several variations of Gadaffi in the news this summer) but Mansour is the way the Sheikh seems to prefer it.

Sheikh Mansour knows that if you throw half a billion quid at a team then they will have a good chance of winning the league. The Glazers were smart enough to keep Alan Gill, who does know about football, on as chief exec.

The Venkys cleared out the boardroom when they took over and there are no football people in positions of power. Apparently they didnt even know that clubs could be relegated when they bought Blackburn, and the talk of Ronaldinho coming to Ewood Park seems a long long time ago now, doesnt it?

I feel for Rovers fans. Lancashire is a tough place to be a football fan when you have to share the county with the two most successful teams the English game has ever seen and the richest club the world has ever seen. It must be dead easy to think **** it, and go off and support Liverpool, City or United if you live up there but for those who do stick with their home town side, one with a long history and proud tradition this must be heartbreaking. We think we have idiots in charge down here, and the truth is we probably do, but at least they arent **** idiots.

Why did we let go NRC again? It was just so dumb. I know we have to cut the wage bill but we have no other players like him. No replacements whatsoever.

Heard it all now.

Name a player at our disposal who tackles like Reo-Coker and also brings his energy in midfield.

Go on. Name one single person.

Chris Herd..

No. He doesn't have the same constant energy that Reo-Coker has for 90

minutes.

Bolton have the worst defence in the league, that energy is obviously helping them and it wasnt and still isn't what we need, we need someone who can retain the ball and pass and that certainly isn't him

iirc he was caught out of position for both fulham goals at the weekend and has been average at best for Bolton

Feel sorry for Kean, if he was more experience he'd probably have more money in the bank and be able to afford to quit. I expect financially he cannot afford to quit (as he won't get another job at this level again), he needs to be fired if they want rid.

Kean was one of the most highly rated coaches in the game before he took over the managers job at Blackburn. I think he will always be employable as a coach, but yeah, it is hard to see him getting another managers job after this.

Christ. Sunderland are going to above us by the end of the year, aren't they?

Yep. :(

Still, this is what happens when you hire a decent manager, you start winning games. Randy take note.

Lots of places are linking Tiote with a move away from the Sports Direct Arena in January too. Good job Newcastle got those points on the board early, and though I think they were in a false position a month or two ago I dont think they will carry on losing games like they are at the moment. Things will settle down and they will be upper mid table.

Demba Ba was a great signing on a free. I know there was a quite fortuitous set of circumstances which led to Newcastle getting him for nothing (he failed two medicals in two years at Stuttgart and Stoke) so he ended up at West Ham with a relegation clause in his contract. He is a hell of a striker when he is fit, he has scored 20 goals in 26 appearances in the Premier League for West Ham and Newcastle, but the huge question remains will he stay fit?

I dunno what it is about Demba Ba. I just can't convince myself he's actually good, despite the goals.

Whenever I've watched him he always seems to lack finesse, not to mention seemingly that much skill, he doesn't appear to be a good player... but he scores all the bloody time. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Saying that, if you could guarentee his knees wouldn't fall apart, I'd kill for him in our side on this seasons showing.

Â