Midweek football 19/21 December

andykeenan

Monday

Championship

Crystal Palace home to Small Heath live on Sky

Tuesday

Premiership

Battle at the bottom and a local derby Bolton make short trip 2 Blackburn both in need of a win. Wolves home to Norwich

Wednesday

Premiership

Stoke travel to Man City Etihad, Albion away to Newcastle, Everton home to Swansea, Fulham home to Man Utd, QPR home to Sunderland & Liverpool away to Wigan live on Sky

Really looking forward to Blackburn v Bolton tonight, ok it won't be a footballing masterclass but should be an interesting watch as defeat either way will see a managerial sacking IMO

2 teams terrified of losing... got draw written all over it.

also looking forward to it, steve kean vs the blackburn fans is hilarious and seeing bolton lose every game is funny too. hope blackburn win just do kean stays a bit longer

its embarrassing, they actually booed when Yakubu scored and they beat Swansea a few weeks ago

Really looking forward to Blackburn v Bolton tonight, ok it won't be a footballing masterclass but should be an interesting watch as defeat either way will see a managerial sacking IMO

Me too.

Still can't see them sacking Kean, even if they lose. The board are far too happy with Kean's "yes, of course, anything you want" attitude towards them.. How many managers would have let their first team fly out to India during the international break to play a moneyspinner?

However, if Blackburn win I can see it being the end of Coyle. He doesn't deserve the sack, it's the players letting him down - but I think Bolton will have to take the chance on a new manager turning them around because bottom at Christmas means you're as good as down, and Coyle doesn't look like he's going to be the one to turn them around.

Quite looking forward to it. It's going to be nervous and scrappy. I can see at least one red card coming too. Do we know who the referee is yet?

Me too.

Still can't see them sacking Kean, even if they lose. The board are far too happy with Kean's "yes, of course, anything you want" attitude towards them.. How many managers would have let their first team fly out to India during the international break to play a moneyspinner?

However, if Blackburn win I can see it being the end of Coyle. He doesn't deserve the sack, it's the players letting him down - but I think Bolton will have to take the chance on a new manager turning them around because bottom at Christmas means you're as good as down, and Coyle doesn't look like he's going to be the one to turn them around.

Quite looking forward to it. It's going to be nervous and scrappy. I can see at least one red card coming too. Do we know who the referee is yet?

Why do you think that by the way? Thought they were horrific against us, I put that down to a manager really, stupidly open, can see why they have worst defence in the league.

Me too.

Why do you think that by the way? Thought they were horrific against us, I put that down to a manager really, stupidly open, can see why they have worst defence in the league.

would agree with that. His style of football is making them look so open and the players he has spent money on like Wheater and Eagles are really not good enough.

Problem for Bolton is they have no cash and dont think any experienced manager will go there

Couldn't disagree more about Coyle, yes money is tight down at Bolton but it is no excuse for their position, nor are their injuries, they still have decent players. He should be the one getting the best of of them.

All in all both managers deserve to be sacked, although Kean does more with the quality of players he has at his disposal. No way should Blackburn be down there with the likes of Hoilett, Samba, Yakubu and Robinson in their side.

However having seen both sides a couple of times this season I can only see Blackburn winning, Bolton have the worst defence in the league and that's with their keeper being one of their better players.

Â