Midweek football 19/21 December

andykeenan

Juande ramos won 6 trophies in 3 seasons and had Sevilla challenging for La Liga and playing some of the best football in Europe
best football in europe zatman? they had freddie kanoute up front ffs

Did you actually watch them? The Sevilla team circa the back-to-back UEFA cup victories were playing some *ahem* world-class footy. Kanouté's been a solid performer for 'em since 2007. One of those occasions in football when all the ingredients come together.

but in fairness to Houghton he has done a more than decent job in his own at newcastle and sha

agreed but it's spelled hughton

If you want to enlist in the Grammar/Spelling Nazis you've at least got to be able to write properly yourself! :shock:

best football in europe zatman? they had freddie kanoute up front ffs

Kanoute banged in lots of goals and is Sevilla legend, also had Dani Alves, Navas, Fabiano, Renato, Maresca, Adriano in the team

but did they play the best football in europe zatman? renato, adriano and maresca are all average players imo

He did say some of the best football in Europe, and he's right. They were superb to watch.

As for average players, what does that matter? It's all about how the team plays together.

How is Steve Kean still employed, can anyone tell me ?

I feel for the guy but surely he has to go ?

There is a school of thought that the Venkys arent in this for footballing reasons. They are here to break into the UK market with their chicken products and the publicity they are getting out of this for their brand (conveniently also called Venkys) is more than they could ever get by other means. If they can get their initial investment back at any point they want, and the parachute payments for relegation more than cover that, then they are laughing all the way to the bank. The longer the media circus surrounding Steve Kean continues the better for them as far as I can see. They certainly didnt engineer this situation, but it seems they are more than happy to ride it out for as long as possible.

Â