Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

yeah ireland injured. good first half from us, apart from the penalty. we can get something out of this game if we can keep pressing how we did in the first 45.

shame for ireland, he had some good touches and was gettingin goalscoring positions. hopefully wee barry can do some more of the same second half.

we look a LOT better than against liverpool, we should stick to this shape for a few games. let's hope heskey stays injured ;)

more like it tbh, even if we lose this at least we are having a go, more of the same second half plz

Yeah that'd be great.....another 45 minutes without a goal.

if we lose this 1-0 but play like this for the rest of the season we'll be top 8 comfortably

doubt there are many people who thought we'd have more possession and more chances than arsenal in the first half

more like it tbh, even if we lose this at least we are having a go, more of the same second half plz

why have villa fans got this reputation of being negative whingers?

if we lose this 1-0 but play like this for the rest of the season we'll be top 8 comfortably

doubt there are many people who thought we'd have more possession and more chances than arsenal in the first half

totally, we actually look like a decent footballing side so far :)

No we won't as we won't score anymore goals for the rest of the season and will lose every game.

You need to score goals to win games and stay in the Premier League. Aston Villa have managed one in five games.

from bbc site

Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal

David Ornstein's HT snapshot: "An opening 45 minutes completely dominated by Villa ends with Arsenal taking a lead into the break. It's a funny old game. Plenty of chances for the hosts but this is why they've failed to score in four of their past five games. No cutting edge. Unlike Arsenal and that man Robin van Persie."

A completely different Villa side the first twenty minutes but the same old in the last 25 minutes. If we see more of the former in the second half then we might even have a chance of getting the three points here. Just trying to stay positive.

Pretty good first half, to be fair. Walcott's move was very nice, but why grab his shirt and give away the penalty?

Zog has looked good apart from some of his final balls into the box (or not)

Good possession and composure against a quality side. I predicted 1-1, and it's still doable.

If the Fonz is on the bench, I'd like to see him upfront with Gabby second half.

Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal

David Ornstein's HT snapshot: "An opening 45 minutes completely dominated by Villa ends with Arsenal taking a lead into the break. It's a funny old game. Plenty of chances for the hosts but this is why they've failed to score in four of their past five games. No cutting edge. Unlike Arsenal and that man Robin van Persie."

Wow! At last! I've been waiting for this all season! We are actually having a go. Easily our best 45 minutes of football all season. I like the look of the team, shame Ireland come of but what an inroduction from Bannan, so close.

Nzog playing the best game he's had for us, looks like the player we all hoping he would be this half.

We've made Arsenal look poor. Brilliant first half, such a shame about the pen but if we play that good 2nd half we should get a result but if we don't I'll be much happier that we finally give it a good go and won't mind as much losing like this.

Team selcetion has probably been forced with injuries etc which I'm glad about. Hope some of these players get a run in front of some of the people that are out (except Bent) - come on Villa, Keep it up