Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Most interesting line up for quite a while now.

Arsenal: Szcesny, Mertesaker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Arteta, Van Persie, Walcott, Ramsey, Frimpong, Gervinho, Coquelin. Subs: Almunia, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Squillaci, Arshavin, Chamakh, Benayoun.

Three central defenders and four central midfielders for Arsenal. Great chance to exploit a weakened team imo.

According to the beeb, Coq-au-Vin will play fullback tonight - I agree, it's a chance to have a go at Arsenal and put them on the back foot....

Somehow I doubt we will.....

I take it we're lining up a 4-4-1-1 with Ireland off Gabby and Petrov and Clark holding the central midfield?

Big chance for Ireland tonight - I hope he does well, we're paying him handsomely so I want us to get our monies worth!!!!

Three central defenders and four central midfielders for Arsenal. Great chance to exploit a weakened team imo.

And yet you can guarentee they will show more attacking intent and skill than our team.

Doesnt matter what Arsenal put on the pitch, style is always attacking football but its going to leave gaps when you have so 3-4 players playing out of position. I would be shocked the day i see Arsenal playing boring football.

Big chance for Ireland tonight - I hope he does well

i've heard this far too many times and it ends up as disappointment.

I agree but has he had a proper run in the team??? I'd say no to be honest.

We've continued to play poor players (Hutton at the moment is fortunate there's no other proper right back at the club!!!) week in week out....

Would like to see Ireland get three or four games in a row, then we'll see what he can do - the odd 5 minutes here and there isn't going to show us a great deal.

Overall I like this line-up. It's closer to what I think our strongest team actually is (excluding Bent and a few tweaks of course). My concern is that this is merely a reaction to injuries that we've suffered and McLeish's threats regarding dropping underperforming players is probably still hot air. Hopefully we'll play a bit better tonight whatever the score and at least then maybe we'll see the team in the long run start to improve.

cant argue with the team we've put out there at all. eck looks like he knows he's close to the end of his reign, so he's pandering to what the fans want because that is not an alex mcleish lineup

Wishful thinking.

The players he's dropped needed to be dropped badly, problem is that their replacements aren't any better.

Those are not 2 teams playing tonight just a collection of players put together in the hope(in our case) of picking up points.The football ethos engrained in each member of the Arsenal squad will be far to sophisticated than our huff and puff.A 2-0 defeat I am afraid