• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Heskey 56)
    • Weimann (for Delph 80)

Absolute disaster but no surprise.

Guzan was okay and so were the rest of the defence with the exception of Collins. I just can't understand how King Carlos can't get in for him. I am really looking forward to Pardew and MON getting into a bidding war for him! I can't believe someone would even contemplate paying us for Collins.

I thought both wide players played well. The Zog's best game I have seen and he looked like he wanted it. MOTM for me.

CM were poor BUT it was two against three and we are never going to win that with Stan and Delph. Eck is killing Delph by making him play DCM.

Fonz worked hard but never really got close enough to the Powerhouse to really make a partnership work.

What really lets us down all over the pitch is a complete lack of cohesion and tactical awareness. What happens in training all week? Do they ever practice defending corners? Do they every try to pass AND MOVE and look for the return ball. Plops triangles were tearing us apart and it was no wonder that players got fed up moving to mark.

We need to get rid of that fool McLeish and his even poorer associate, Peter Grant, and get in Hughes asap if we are to stand any chance of finishing comfortably in the PL. RL, you need to stand up and take action NOW before it is too late.

What annoyed me the most about the game was in the last 10 minutes when we had a spell of posession, we where knocking it around like a team who where seeing out a lead at the end of a game, not one that was 2-0 down

This times one million.

Its as if we've given up against the top 6 or 7 and are hoping to stay up by beating the bottom 6 or 7.

Not going to Arsenal game and I won't miss it at all

What annoyed me the most about the game was in the last 10 minutes when we had a spell of posession, we where knocking it around like a team who where seeing out a lead at the end of a game, not one that was 2-0 down

This times one million.

Its as if we've given up against the top 6 or 7 and are hoping to stay up by beating the bottom 6 or 7.

You really should go to the Arsenal game as it might be one of the few occasions this season that you get to witness some passing/entertaining football.

This times one million.

You really should go to the Arsenal game as it might be one of the few occasions this season that you get to witness some passing/entertaining football.

I'll be at work, but I really don't give a shit.

Been watching Villa since the cearly 70's and right now is the most bored I've ever been with the game in general

Don't understand CN'Z getting praise on here. He was absolutely terrible in the second half. I havn't seen anyone as clueless as him in terms of making decisions on the pitch since Milan Baros. The coaching staff need to inform the prick that if he's going to run at defenders kicking the ball at them then running into them is not going to prove successful. Too busy waving his arms around and complaining to be of any use to the team. Get rid.

This will be the first season in 20 odd where I won't be setting foot in Villa Park or going to see us away from home.

When I see Heskey getting as much for one week as a lot of fans are earning in 2 years enough is enough.

Lerner / Mcleish have taken the fun out of supporting Villa. Get rid of them and we'll stand a chance.

I'm really regretting buying tickets for Swansea and QPR
I'm going to Swansea game. At least there's a small chance we might try against them.

Until McLeish goes though, I won't be attending any games against the top 6. There's just no point because we just submit before the game's even started. We might as well just as not turn up and concede these games 3-0.

Guzan 4

Hutton 2 (second goal)

Collins 5 (the best striker in the team)

Dunne 4(thanks god Suarez is ...)

Warnock 5

Delph 3

Petrov 4

Albrighton 5

N'Zogbia 5

Heskey 1

Delfouneso 2

I'm not sure that AMc Out helps. Players are awful. Most of them can't pass and even run. they don't know what to do on the pitch so... Yes Ginger F..off

I just hope someone from the club is reading this thread. I was at the game and everyone around me started by tearing their hair out but by the second half it was just resigned acceptance of the total and utter crap we were watching.

It's about time we stopped blaming Mcleish - name one manager that would come in and do well with this team. Lerner has turned it into this, our squad is very average.

Lerner has never managed the team, surely our defensive hangover from MON's over indulgence on ageing defenders on long contract. Defending set pieces has been a problem for the past 3-4 seasons.

spot on .... we have gone for a ball of chalk since Laursen finished and Mellberg was asked to play full back

It's about time we stopped blaming Mcleish - name one manager that would come in and do well with this team. Lerner has turned it into this, our squad is very average.

Lerner has never managed the team, surely our defensive hangover from MON's over indulgence on ageing defenders on long contract. Defending set pieces has been a problem for the past 3-4 seasons.

spot on .... we have gone for a ball of chalk since Laursen finished and Mellberg was asked to play full back

Load of bollocks. Laursen played his last game for us in Jan 09. In the 18 league games remaining that season and the 38 league games in the following season we conceded 64 goals in 56 games. That is a very good defensive record. In the 09/10 season we had the 4th best defence in the league and aside from a freak result at Chelsea where we conceded 7 we conceded just 32 goals in the other 37 league games which is excellent. That defence was in the main Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock.

I don't know how many of the above would have been from set pieces but I can't remember it being an issue then and our overall excellent defensive record would suggest it wasn't.

Â