• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Heskey 56)
    • Weimann (for Delph 80)

i too wont blame him for our inability to pass the ball 5 yards, its been there for years, we couldnt hold on to the ball under MON either

what i will blame him for though is his shit starting line ups, his claims that he is working on our defence followed by naming the same shit back 4 every week, i blame him for going 4-5-1 when 0-2 down at home, i also blame him for the players looking like they would rather be anywhere but VP at the moment

Bad again. McLeish and the players will take the majority of the blame, but what the hell are Faulkner and Lerner playing at? Do they not watch the games and just look at the league table?

Couldn't understand why Delph started in the middle, looks worried when another player comes anywhere near him. Absolute woeful defending from corners, there is a complete lack of organisation back there at the moment and nobody seems willing to take control.

Thought Delfouneso was ok first half but we were too far off our strikers to give them any sort of chance. I actually thought Hutton improved today from what I saw and Guzan made a couple of good saves.

One thing is for sure we can't go on like this or there is only one way we are heading. McLeish has to go now. Stan Collymore was on the radio asking who would do a better job with the players at the moment. I think probably the other 19 managers in the PL (well, with the probable exception of Kean).

Bad again. McLeish and the players will take the majority of the blame, but what the hell are Faulkner and Lerner playing at? Do they not watch the games and just look at the league table?

i think half the media do that when writing their match reports too, a mixture of us being in the top half and him being an ex bluenose means that its the fickle fans thing again, they just watch the utter shite we have to every week

IMO even the results dont look too bad -

2-0 vs spurs

0-1 vs utd

0-2 vs liverpool

on paper probably expected and suggest close games, in reality we could and should have conceeded 5/6 in each of these games, hard to say which one we were the worst in

Today was 90 minutes of complete tripe. How Liverpool did not win 5 or 6 nil is down to the ineptitude of their finishing. We nominally had 8 'shots' on target according to the BBC stats which I struggle to believe but of course a firm 'pass' to Reina by our strikers counts as a shot on target. The simple fact was we never looked like scoring.

Yet again our defending was comical and we conceded two very soft set piece goals (again). Dunne was trying to the work of about three players as he had to cover for the Chuckle Brothers that are Collins and Hutton. I'm convinced for most of the second half Liverpool just sat back and let us try to break them down knowing full well we could not

I disagree with many on here in that I don't think we have a bad squad of players although today we had some key players missing. The problem for me is they look both demotivated, disinterested and disorganised and that's down to the manager. We are a soft touch to play these days and I doubt Liverpool will get an easier three points this season. The vast majority of fans have no confidence or faith in McLeish and based on today's performance neither do the players.

The manager and players should hang their heads in shame for what they served up today for us fans who sat freezing our balls off watching complete crap. There is only one way attendances are going and that is down. I've got a season ticket as has my son and I go with a mate and his son who also have season tickets. We pretty much agreed we would not bother with the Arsenal game on Wednesday as despite having paid I'm not sure I can stomach more of the dross we watched today as particularly with a quality finisher like RVP we will be put to the sword.

McLeish simply has to go and as soon as possible before its too late. As for renewing my season tickets next season, not a chance under the current manager. Quite frankly I've got better thing to do with my life that be tormented at Villa Park every fortnight.

Dire performance - and I can say that without watching the game!

Collins and Heskey shouldn't even be in the squad!

Mcleish out!

even though you're right, you're also everything that is wrong with football fans and football forums. watch the game or shut up.

Thought we started quite brightly for the first 2 minutes. The other 91 were beyond awful. Nzogbia MOTM for me - only 1 who looked half interested. The rest looked as if they werent arsed and just genuinely completely out of their depth.

The only thing I am really annoyed about (apart from our losses!) is the fact that I thought that McLeish would be tightening us up defensively. If we wanted a manager who couldn't defend, we could go for someone like Holloway or Brendan Rogers (I saw 'someone like', because Holloway will never come here, after what he said about Villa) who would let goals in but also have a bit of attacking flair going forward.

Brendan Rogers? How many clean sheets his team kept again? 8. His team seem quite defensively sound, with a much lower standard of players.

N'Zogbia looked so pissed off today, was working quite hard to no real effect, but was probably our best player from a bad bunch. One simple pass to Bannan that the wee lad couldn't be arsed to go far really annoyed him.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm still not getting on McLeish's back.... yet.

I don't think many people would have put out a team much different to the one we saw Today, with the options we had available.

Maybe some people would prefer to not see Heskey start? But with Bent & Gabby out, surely it's the sensible option to put at least one experienced forward on the pitch? Delfouneso finally got a chance to show his worth, Wiemann tried hard when he came on.

We passed it around, we got players forward, N'Zogbia played pretty well (which is a positive!), we had a decent amount of shots, but we just didn't have a creative player in the middle to thread a ball through to a striker, (or a better striker upfront to make good runs into a good positions).

I don't think we played with 10 men behind the ball, like loads of people say.

I'm getting a bit tired of the constant negativity.

I agree with people that we're played poorly. I agree that some of our games have been way, way too defensive. But also, it appears to Me that a lot of people are unable to forget their preconceptions of how McLeish will play, and instead should just be looking at the players available and the players that are not putting in the performances.

Yes we lost, but we had a lot of the ball and we were trying to attack, even if the players couldn't pull off the final pass or actually score one of our chances.

for me its not losing (man utd, spurs, liverpool always beat us) it just the manor of defeats thats the issue. there no battle in the players, no anger, just abject disapoinment when a pass goes a stray, theres no fight to win the ball back. just players standing with hands on hips shaking there heads and blaming each other

I went for Guzan purely because i couldn't bring myself to vote for anyone of the outfield players. Not one of them can honestly merit a rating above four maybe five in any of the tabloid ratings tomorrow. That is honestly up there with one of the worst home performances by any team of all time in the prem history. Four worse are our last performances against spurs and man utd and bolton home against us last week. I only say the bolton performance because we are bad at the moment, really bad so they must be SHITE to make us look anywhere a decent team!

Shit squad, shit manager, and a chairman who doesn't want to spend anymore money, what else should we expect?

I won't be seen down VP anytime soon, it's depressing and I've had enough of it, I don't even stick up for our club now when mates take the piss out of us, we're shit and if it wasn't for the dross below us (at the moment) we'd be bottom 3 no question.

If things haven't changed by the start of next season, then we'll go down for sure.

Fine, we were hogtied to start with, but tbh honest the inclusion of Gabby and Bent would hardly have made much difference today. Theres no depth to the squad whatsoever, we continually give the ball to the opposition and team spirit is just about zero. What hope in hell have we got?

I'm really struggling to name one player of any merit today, but one things for sure, Hutton needs dropping like a stone and the Fonz does not have the qualities needed to stand in for our regular forwards. And Delph, despite his industry gave the ball away no fewer than 8/9 times.....not good enough. I eventually gave up the ghost when Collins popped up as our only striker in one 'blistering' assault on their goal.

I'm sort of in agreement with some that McLeish could'nt do much with this lot if he really tried. Its ok to blame the manager, but this bunch are so disinterested in the whole thing its unbelievable!! Yes, he's looking a bit clueless as to where to turn next, but this rot stops ultimately at only one door for me and thats Randy Lerners.

The attendance for today was 37,460 for a class a match! I think the stats about that speak for themself, people (us fans) are losing faith and fast, i couldn't make it today and had to settle for watching it on sky. To be honest i'm glad i didn't, i can honestly say i won't be going again whilst this clown is still in charge of our team. It's depressing enough having to take the flack of my mates about how bad we are now but to listen week after week the sky pundits slagging us off for our negative tactics, lack of bite/punch and complete lack of fight or desire is the nail in the coffin for me. Then to listen to our manager saying how we had good possesion blah blah **** blah and how liverplop are so superior to us in every department is quite frankly showing how deluded the **** imbecile clearly is!

I'm done with our current set up and wont be wasting any more of my hard earned on this pathetic half arsed attempt at running a football club.

What annoyed me the most about the game was in the last 10 minutes when we had a spell of posession, we where knocking it around like a team who where seeing out a lead at the end of a game, not one that was 2-0 down. A sorry state of affairs at the minute. I can't stand McLeish, and I bloody look like him...a bit. It's not the fact that he came from SHA, it's the fact that his appointment is a symbol of the evaporation of any ambition left at the club. It's almost like the board went "Hmm, McLeish, he lives closeby, he won't have to move house... Sod it, lets get him" - A very lazy and bewildering appointment. Not one of my non-villa mates could understand his appointment at all.

But yeah, the game today, started well for the first 2 minutes, then normal service was resumed and we where poor. It's like everyone else says, we conceded 2 very soft goals from set peices, something we've had a habit of doing for a while now, and the only chances we made where shots from distance, which all looks very nice on the stats, saying we've had 8 shots on target, but it paints a false picture. We literally had no clue in the final third, the players looked as though they where either berift of confidence, or just couldn't be bothered. We have a pair of journeymen centre halves, one whose pretty good and another one who goes to sleep at the big moments of a game, whilst we have a talented young defender on the bench, who is probably wondering why he isn't getting any game time whatsoever. The team wasn't pressing when Liverpool where in possession, and Delph was flying around with reckless sliding tackles as if he was playing at lunchtime at school. My girlfriend was with me, she knows nothing about football, but she thought Delph was a massive liability (I would have put young Clarke in there with the injury problems we where having), and didn't even realise Heskey was playing until he got substituted. She rightly identified that the only 3 players who seemed to be up for it where Dunney, Fonz and N'Zogbia. I actually agreed.

We rely too heavily on Agbonlahor and for a manager to blame our loss on the absence of 2 (or 3 - depending how you see it!) players is just poor man management. Your effectively telling the rest of the players that they're not good enough to beat Liverpool, which is when you should be doing the opposite. Maybe it's an attitude like that which is making the team berift of confidence!! He's a poor manager, and most people know that 2 or 3 players don't make a team, it's the 11 players, and if you have to adapt the style slightly to suit the types of players that you put on the pitch, then that's what managements all about, it's not about making pathetic excuses! I know our squad is weak at the moment, but looking at that Liverpool line-up before the game, I thought it was winnable. McLeish has sucked any enjoyment I had out of watching Villa, now it's just depressing, but like everyone else around here, I'll be a supporter longer than he will be at the club, so I'll carry on going (can't waste my season ticket can I!) and support my team!

Â