• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Heskey 56)
    • Weimann (for Delph 80)

Please let nobody say 'Well it was only 2 goals from defensive errors against a CL challenging side'. Injuries don't excuse this either... We were abject. No ideas from the manager, no fight in the players. The reason teams stop scoring against us is because they realise it's NOT WORTH THE EFFORT.

Zog the best of a bad bunch. Even he didn't have a good game, but he at least looked pissed off that we were losing and he doesn't seem to have lost his sharpness of touch that he discovered in the Bolton game. Fonz was energetic but too ineffective for me. The rest: nothing even worth saying. Alby put in his expected One Good Cross but bugger all else.

There are worse teams in the division than us, but the margin is not great.

People want McLeish to go, but the players have now looked uninterested under 3 different managers.

McLeish is one of the problems, but we have a squad full of highly paid journeymen who don't care and will perform the same under other managers. And a chairman who won't pay to replace them. It's rotten from top to bottom.

It's about time we stopped blaming Mcleish - name one manager that would come in and do well with this team. Lerner has turned it into this, our squad is very average.

Lerner has never managed the team, surely our defensive hangover from MON's over indulgence on ageing defenders on long contract. Defending set pieces has been a problem for the past 3-4 seasons.

Why is he not considering Cuellar/and or Clark? Or am I mssing something? This defence doesn't look good enough against the better sides particularly.

You know what you are going to get from them at the moment across the whole back four and it just isn't good enough!

It's about time we stopped blaming Mcleish - name one manager that would come in and do well with this team. Lerner has turned it into this, our squad is very average.

Lerner has never managed the team, surely are defensive hangover from MON's over indulgence on ageing defenders on long contract. Defending set pieces has been a problem for the past 3-4 seasons.

This defence performed well for MON. Our vulnerability against set pieces crept in with Houllier. Hutton crept in with Eck.

Lerner has never managed the team, surely are defensive hangover from MON's over indulgence on ageing defenders on long contract. Defending set pieces has been a problem for the past 3-4 seasons.

This defence performed well for MON. Our vulnerability against set pieces crept in with Houllier. Hutton crept in with Eck.

We conceded plenty of goals from set pieces in MON's final season.

I don't know why but under McLeish our defending from set-pieces has nosedived, and it wasn't even good to begin with. Our squad isn't great but there's just no excuses for what we're seeing. Our defending has been on the whole pretty shit this season yet McLeish wont change anything?

at least my boycott of VP until he is gone is making my bank account feel better

maybe i should boycott the other half, maybe then my bank account would feel better? lol

poor team selection, poor team to select from

AM had nothing to work with today, its a shame we rely so much on 2 players

We conceded plenty of goals from set pieces in MON's final season.
I'd like to see the stats on that one. Regardless, this same defence bar one player was among the tightest in the league for over half a season until the squad tired and we stopped defending from the front.

That contrast to their current form can either be attributed to luck, the sudden effects of old age, or bad coaching/management. Considering AMc's past record and how wrong we're going all over the rest of the pitch I know which one I'm plumping for.

Â