The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

With almost any other leader the next election is winnable for Labour. With him it almost certainly isn't. Labour's version of Ian Duncan-Smith.

if it were an American style election then Ed wouldn't have a prayer ... but i'm guessing most people going in the voting both will be voting for the party or the local MP rather than thinking , who is going to be my PM ?

2 years ago a labour landslide looked a foregone conclusion  ... the deck is kinda stacked against the Tory party once the lib dems blocked their boundary changes so another coalition looks most likely at present  ..just don't know who with  .. the Greens may even come into play as they overtake the Lib Dems

a lot will depend if Cameron can pull a homer in the next 7 months   ... where's those Argies when you need them

With almost any other leader the next election is winnable for Labour. With him it almost certainly isn't. Labour's version of Ian Duncan-Smith.

if it were an American style election then Ed wouldn't have a prayer ... but i'm guessing most people going in the voting both will be voting for the party or the local MP rather than thinking , who is going to be my PM ?

2 years ago a labour landslide looked a foregone conclusion ... the deck is kinda stacked against the Tory party once the lib dems blocked their boundary changes so another coalition looks most likely at present ..just don't know who with .. the Greens may even come into play as they overtake the Lib Dems

a lot will depend if Cameron can pull a homer in the next 7 months ... where's those Argies when you need them

mostly at the bottom of the sea

Who'd have thought that they could have chosen a less electable leader than Gordon Brown? Incredible really.

There was me thinking that Brown's stand-out performance in the 'No' campaign had somewhat rehabilitated his image, and reminded people why he got where he did, and that perhaps he was rather better than the present orthodoxy allows.

It is not entirely impossible that Labour could benefit from that rehabilitation.

• Like 3

would rather stick to tories than go back to labour who got us into this mess (although tories havent been great either)

The Scottish referendum tended to confirm that during uncertain times people would rather stick with what they have, rather than risk what they have for something else, even when what they have is not great.

would rather stick to tories than go back to labour who got us into this mess (although tories havent been great either)

The Scottish referendum tended to confirm that during uncertain times people would rather stick with what they have, rather than risk what they have for something else, even when what they have is not great.

Yeah but in this instance the electorate face a straight fight between privileged arsehole and incompetent bore. Its a straight fight to the bottom

.. the Greens may even come into play as they overtake the Lib Dems

As the greens are likely at best to have 1 to 2 seats after the next GE, sadly I doubt that. FPTP, FTL.

anybody want some help buying an expensive new house?

And what schemes did labour introduce to help first time buyers?

I wouldn't have a clue - is it the scheme that caused the international finance crisis that closed Lehmans and Greece and caused a european recession by any chance?

• Like 3

Drat out of curosity as a die hard labour supporter how would you evaulate miliband in comparison to other labour leaders?

chalk and cheese. As others say politics is pretty poor now and the fact that so many apparently judge on appearance show how far things have sunk. If you ever read about milliband his published views you realise a lot of his principles are admirable. As a leader I don't dislike at all, you can argue there have been better but there may well have been worse but it's a very subjective matter. In uk politics there is no leader of real note , Cameron is one of the weakest I have seen in charge of the Tory party. Clegg is a disgrace . So as leaders go it certainly is not a golden age
  • Like 4

Whenever I think of Miliband, the first thing to come to mind is that interview he did around the time of the strikes a couple of years ago, in which he gave exactly the same answer to 4 or 5 vastly different questions, even though it didn't answer any of them. We can't have a PM who wouldn't pass the Turing Test.

Whenever I think of Miliband, the first thing to come to mind is that interview he did around the time of the strikes a couple of years ago, in which he gave exactly the same answer to 4 or 5 vastly different questions, even though it didn't answer any of them. We can't have a PM who wouldn't pass the Turing Test.

To be completely fair, this is totally standard practice in interviews, as many media organisations like to have 'their own' footage. There's a similar video of George Osborne, which also fails to annoy me.

Â