The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

Tony - get back on a computer and reformat your post please that makes no sense reading it as it is

The one bit I could gleam from your post was your claim it was "all new"? Oh really? Can you show me please what exactly is new other than emails saying Burnham was "furious". The fact that it took so long to get the info is neither here nor there is it, that is probably pretty standard for releasing of info - I am happy to be corrected if this is not the case.

Also quoting a Telegraph editorial as some sort of "fact"? :D

"according to emails obtained via the heroic persistence of Steve Barclay, a Tory MP" - Funniest bit I have read in an newspaper in years

Edited by drat01

Tony - get back on a computer and reformat your post please that makes no sense reading it as it is

Tony, more generally, whatever you're posting on seems to struggle with quotes, and it's sometimes difficult to follow. 

I'm speaking of the presentation, not the content.  ;)

Tony, more generally, whatever you're posting on seems to struggle with quotes, and it's sometimes difficult to follow.

I'm speaking of the presentation, not the content. ;)

Snowy mentioned it to me as we'll

I'm on my iPad now as my iPhone app can't scroll down the pages and hence the robo type spelling that I had to go back and correct

But most of my posts yesterday were on my PC running IE and still seemed to have quoting issues

I just assumed it was some left wing conspiracy to try and stop me posting :)

i dont think its one way to be honest i think both parties are equally as bad as each other drat

Dem - where have I said it's one way? I think if people actually read what is written rather than what they think or what they are told via other methods that I, and others, have said that political electioneering is happening here and the way that is going within the UK does not appear to be a good thing. Anyone who does not think that the timing (and I will say mud slinging with little evidence - as we often see from this Gvmt re benefits etc) is somewhat convenient is, IMO, being somewhat ignorant of the political election process that we seemingly now have

i dont think its one way to be honest i think both parties are equally as bad as each other drat

Dem - where have I said it's one way? I think if people actually read what is written rather than what they think or what they are told via other methods that I, and others, have said that political electioneering is happening here and the way that is going within the UK does not appear to be a good thing. Anyone who does not think that the timing (and I will say mud slinging with little evidence - as we often see from this Gvmt re benefits etc) is somewhat convenient is, IMO, being somewhat ignorant of the political election process that we seemingly now have

Accusing others of mud slinging in the week that McBride released his book exposing mud slinging

Who said the art of comedy is dead

• Like 1

Accusing others of mud slinging in the week that McBride released his book exposing mud slinging

Who said the art of comedy is dead

Tony -I have no idea why you are not actually reading what is being written.

TBH - I would rather heed what Blandy wrote yesterday than play this silly game any more on this point. Basically it's pretty clear what I have written and for whatever reason you are choosing to ignore that. C'est La Vie 

I'm speaking of the presentation, not the content. ;)

Snowy mentioned it to me as we'll

I'm on my iPad now as my iPhone app can't scroll down the pages and hence the robo type spelling that I had to go back and correct

But most of my posts yesterday were on my PC running IE and still seemed to have quoting issues

I just assumed it was some left wing conspiracy to try and stop me posting :)

Happens to you on more than one device?  IT department says "user error".

And I know I shouldn't reveal this, but our conspiracy is actually to keep you posting.

i dont think its one way to be honest i think both parties are equally as bad as each other

Thing is Dem that in my experience I have found that Labour politicians, and those supporting them,  are very quick to accuse others of something that they see in themselves and in fact is more prevalent in their own actions than in those of others.

Not saying that the "art" of politicking isnt on both sides just that some of the more ,  shall we say unpleasant,  behaviour comes more often (in my experience)  from the left side of the political spectrum.

i dont think its one way to be honest i think both parties are equally as bad as each other

Thing is Dem that in my experience I have found that Labour politicians, and those supporting them,  are very quick to accuse others of something that they see in themselves and in fact is more prevalent in their own actions than in those of others.

Not saying that the "art" of politicking isnt on both sides just that some of the more ,  shall we say unpleasant,  behaviour comes more often (in my experience)  from the left side of the political spectrum.

Character assasination is a speciality of the right. The rather tawdry attack on Millibands dead father being but its latest example. Politics is a pretty rough and tumble business, but the Daily Mails attitude is fairly symptomatic of the worst exesses therein. Dacre and his ilk are all too prevailent in the Tory press. I suppose all our takes on these things are somewhat clouded by our own political leanings, as are my own. But I grew up in a Tory household , and over time came to my own standpoint politically. Have to say, that over many years, the hysterical ravings of the right wing media made that choice somewhat easier to make

• Like 1

Richard, on 04 Oct 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Demitri_C, on 04 Oct 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

in before the inevitable  political bias responses

But it's an interesting point you make  , clearly you have more dealings than yer man on the street and like Mike's personal views on Ralph M it's always interesting to get a view form the inside

Character assasination is a speciality of the right. The rather tawdry attack on Millibands dead father being but its latest example. Politics is a pretty rough and tumble business, but the Daily Mails attitude is fairly symptomatic of the worst exesses therein. Dacre and his ilk are all too prevailent in the Tory press. I suppose all our takes on these things are somewhat clouded by our own political leanings, as are my own. But I grew up in a Tory household , and over time came to my own standpoint politically. Have to say, that over many years, the hysterical ravings of the right wing media made that choice somewhat easier to make

aren't you confusing a Newspaper with a political party ? 

• Like 1

aren't you confusing a Newspaper with a political party ? 

Richard was talking about the " political spectrum", and those that support particular parties. I believe newspapers would come under that heading.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

drat01, on 04 Oct 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

tonyh29, on 04 Oct 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

villaajax, on 04 Oct 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Keep shooting them down, Drat!

In order to do that he needs to stop firing blanks

Tony can you have a quick re read of Pete's post from yesterday and maybe change your post? - cheers

Only just seen this but :

Ajax made a statement clearly designed as approval of some heroic debunking that he thinks is going on  , I don't think there is anything wrong in pointing out otherwise tbh 

it's not a personal attack , just like you calling me a fool in a post yesterday doesn't appear to have been

drat01, on 04 Oct 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

Also quoting a Telegraph editorial as some sort of "fact"? :D

In the interest of balancing out accusations to others that they don't read what is written  , could you point out where I stated it as FACT or even mentioned the word fact

I merely posted an article and said it was "interesting "

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Tony you used a Telegraph editorial as a way of somehow trying to prove your point, I merely pointed out the absurdity of that and how it really could not be used as any sort of balanced article now could it, especially given that they had led with the previous rerun of the old news as somehow proving a point - which still hasn't I notice.

As for your previous point, let's just give it a rest eh? It certainly is not any sort of fun for me and I suspect others having to endure it

I said the article was INTERESTING

presumably you are off to the other thread to tell Peter to stop quoting Twitter and other such sources now though  ?

as for the other stuff .. you raised it  , not I   ... I'll happily give it a rest if you stop trying to Mod the site

• Like 1

*** sigh ***

it's quite simples really  .... if I can't post a comment piece from a newspaper saying INTERESTING .. without being accused of presenting it as FACT and trying to prove my point :wacko:

then what is someone posting a link from Twitter like the below ( which you Liked btw)

peterms, on 03 Oct 2013 - 2:54 PM, said:

Search The Money @SearchTheMoney

Lynton Crosby's company utilizes an offshore tax haven http://tinyurl.com/q75d5n9  through which he donates to the Tories http://searchthemoney.com/donation/25610

you can't like one and then accuse the other  ... it would make you appear rather   ... anyway you get the idea

• Like 1

Â