The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

Tony - I really do fail to see the point that you continue to try and argue (and that is the key word).

As stated you used the Telegraph editorial - one that has followed an article by themselves and one that certainly fits in with the current tactics by media as some sort of justification for the original article. (still by the way you or anyone else has failed to show what is so "new" and sensational by the way". You then use Twitter as an example as to why this is OK? Really Tony, come on now, you cannot seriously expect anyone to accept that as a valid argument from you can you? Liking posts is often done in regard to the context of what the poster is saying and what "evidence" they are using.

I appreciate you were trying to score a anti-Labour point, but now this all smacks of nothing more than wanting to continue some other "spat" to try and prove a point. So in the words of them Dragon people "I am out" of this particular train of conversation

I'm just wondering why you would think timing is the issue. If this runs, and you think its trying to discredit Labour. Wouldn't it have been better to publish it 3 months before the General Election. 

To stem the sympathy swing from the Mail's clumsy lunge yesterday.

By threatening state intervention in corporate affairs Ed has gone beyond politics to threaten the organ grinders.

The money, the media and the other parties are going to be gunning for Labour and the leader.

Should he survive that vetting come the election, he will have done well.

• Like 1

Xann, on 04 Oct 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

colhint, on 04 Oct 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I'm just wondering why you would think timing is the issue. If this runs, and you think its trying to discredit Labour. Wouldn't it have been better to publish it 3 months before the General Election. 

To stem the sympathy swing from the Mail's clumsy lunge yesterday.

By threatening state intervention in corporate affairs Ed has gone beyond politics to threaten the organ grinders.

The money, the media and the other parties are going to be gunning for Labour and the leader.

Should he survive that vetting come the election, he will have done well.

I like the general theme of conspiracy on this web site

perhaps the story broke yesterday because that was when the FOI information finally came back after 4 months of requests *  .. just saying like

* I've no idea when it came back and am not trying to claim otherwise  , so it isn't a fact or claiming to be

• Like 1

Thing is Dem that in my experience I have found that Labour politicians, and those supporting them,  are very quick to accuse others of something that they see in themselves and in fact is more prevalent in their own actions than in those of others.

Not saying that the "art" of politicking isnt on both sides just that some of the more ,  shall we say unpleasant,  behaviour comes more often (in my experience)  from the left side of the political spectrum.

Literally spat my coffee out laughing at that.
  • Like 1

Thing is Dem that in my experience I have found that Labour politicians, and those supporting them, are very quick to accuse others of something that they see in themselves and in fact is more prevalent in their own actions than in those of others.

Not saying that the "art" of politicking isnt on both sides just that some of the more , shall we say unpleasant, behaviour comes more often (in my experience) from the left side of the political spectrum.

Whereas I just spat.

• Like 1

I'm not making out that there's collusion between Ed's foes, I don't have a Scooby. Just that there's a lot of powerful people and organisations that don't want the state interfering with their interests.

There's more to come from the NHS that hasn't hit the news yet, and I'm quite curious why?

Perhaps someone's doing a bit more research, perhaps it's been covered up, perhaps someone's waiting for the right moment?

Thing is Dem that in my experience I have found that Labour politicians, and those supporting them, are very quick to accuse others of something that they see in themselves and in fact is more prevalent in their own actions than in those of others.

Not saying that the "art" of politicking isnt on both sides just that some of the more , shall we say unpleasant, behaviour comes more often (in my experience) from the left side of the political spectrum.

Whereas I just spat.
I printed it out and shat on it.

Let me rephrase my last post.

I was disappointed that the post referred to seemed to convey an inference of objectivity, which I consider to be disingenuous. It also lacked any supporting argument, which, in the face of the clearly visible daily tirade of abuse and character assassination in the popular press of anyone considered by the staff and owners of said popular press to be not right-wing enough, seems an unaccountable omission.

I respect different views, honestly expressed. I disrespect subterfuge.

Mark Steel:

Some people might react to the energy companies raising prices another 8 per cent by saying, “It shouldn’t be allowed.” If you’re one of those people, you should be aware that you’re like Stalin. Because after Ed Miliband’s speech in which he said he would freeze energy prices for a while, he was attacked for being like Stalin by several Conservative politicians and newspapers. So if your neighbour says today, “Ooh those blooming gas people, we shouldn’t let them to put their ruddy prices up again”, tell her, “You murdering bastard. I know your sort, first you starved millions of peasants to death, then you signed a pact with Hitler. Well I’m not afraid to stand up to you, even if you are likely to incarcerate me in a Siberian prison, Mrs Whittaker.”

This is the history that will soon be accepted, that communism collapsed when millions of people demanded that electricity prices were doubled. Heroic citizens stood on the crumbling Berlin Wall and proclaimed, “At last we are free to vote and listen to rock music and charge thousands of pounds for turning the radiators on.”

This is a common response now to any proposal that big business is suspicious of. The suggestion that landowners may be required to use some of their land for housebuilding, to “expand towns such as Stevenage”, was compared by the Institute of Directors to “Joseph Stalin’s notorious seizure of land from prosperous Russians.” For those not familiar with the methods of Stalin, he sent his army to shoot any farmers who didn’t hand over all their land to the state. So if you own a garden in Stevenage you’re in trouble.

Tanks will roll past Luton and on to Welwyn Garden City, rampaging soldiers ignoring the cries of children as they transfer the waste ground behind Stevenage Asda to Hertfordshire County Council, cruelly laughing as they build two-bedroom affordable flats while the people of Bletchley can only wonder if they’ll be next.

...more on link

Wonder if anyone left a note in Liam Byrne's desk after he came back from being sacked :)

That note was perhaps one of the most stupid things a politician has done in a very long time, at least on a level far beneath taking us to war.

It managed at the same time to underscore the man's ignorance, and also help to create political space for the tories to launch their assault on millions of people.  He should never have been given another job in politics, on the strength of that alone.

• Like 1

I have a fairly low opinion of the British electorate and it would seem that given a choice they would have preferred David Miliband rather than Ed, not because of his politics, because they don't have a clue, but because David is better looking.

It seems no coincidence that Cameron, Osborne and Clegg all look alike: a trio of Johnnies in a packet of three .

My own view is that the only thing which matters to the British electorate is how good the PM looks standing next to the American President.

When the Tory blue-rinse biddies drone on about Mrs Thatcher improving Britain's standing in the world, they just mean: looked good standing next to Reagan.

It seems unlikely that the British would ever have elected someone who looked like Mutti Merkel and it seems likely that the only reason Theresa May is being touted as a possible candidate to replace Cameron, is that she is thin and has the right wardrobe.

Ed looks like a sincere and likeable geography teacher but he'll never get past the audition phase in the electoral X-factor show.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting story that the Co-op bank had to call in creditors and as a result dropped their stake from 70% to 30% as a result

Labour have a £3.9m overdraft with the bank and have enjoyed some rather questionable low rates with the bank .. Electoral Commission’s records also reveal outstanding loans from the bank to the central party and its branches totalling £1,621,289

amusingly its a hedge find that appear to have taken over the bank ... So the Labour Party are now well and truly funded by Hedge funds :)

amusingly its a hedge find

I do like a good hedge. I like to go out looking for them at least once a week, and when I find one, boy am I overjoyed. Adele liked to chase pavements. I like to find hedges.

• Like 1

amusingly its a hedge find

I do like a good hedge. I like to go out looking for them at least once a week, and when I find one, boy am I overjoyed. Adele liked to chase pavements. I like to find hedges.
Just hedges or do you like a bit of bush as well :)

Â