The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

amusingly its a hedge find

I do like a good hedge. I like to go out looking for them at least once a week, and when I find one, boy am I overjoyed. Adele liked to chase pavements. I like to find hedges.

I have hedges around my garden.

Is this the point I screech deflection ?

But back on the co-op

Ed has made clear his commitment to waging war on those bankers who play fast and loose with their savers, and run their institutions into the ground , presumably he's busy at the moment and will be along shortly ... Maybe he can demand Neville Richardson (who left the Co-Op with £4.6 million ) repay his bonus whilst he is at it

• Like 1

Interesting story that the Co-op bank had to call in creditors and as a result dropped their stake from 70% to 30% as a result

Labour have a £3.9m overdraft with the bank and have enjoyed some rather questionable low rates with the bank .. Electoral Commission’s records also reveal outstanding loans from the bank to the central party and its branches totalling £1,621,289

amusingly its a hedge find that appear to have taken over the bank ... So the Labour Party are now well and truly funded by Hedge funds :)

Interesting that you find the idea of another bank being controlled by Hedge Funds etc so appealing

Also you say "questionable" rates which certainly infers that you think that some wrongdoing or shenanigans have happened?  - Maybe you can share some examples of that?

Interesting story that the Co-op bank had to call in creditors and as a result dropped their stake from 70% to 30% as a result

Labour have a £3.9m overdraft with the bank and have enjoyed some rather questionable low rates with the bank .. Electoral Commission’s records also reveal outstanding loans from the bank to the central party and its branches totalling £1,621,289

amusingly its a hedge find that appear to have taken over the bank ... So the Labour Party are now well and truly funded by Hedge funds :)

Interesting that you find the idea of another bank being controlled by Hedge Funds etc so appealing

Also you say "questionable" rates which certainly infers that you think that some wrongdoing or shenanigans have happened? - Maybe you can share some examples of that?

Well you were close as both words do begin with "A" but I said amusing ... Not appealing

I could link to article showing how labours loans are secured at base rate + 2% or 3% , but I thought it might be fun to let Peter come in at this point with his tiresome "what do you think it means" posts instead

• Like 1

Maybe he can demand Neville Richardson (who left the Co-Op with £4.6 million ) repay his bonus whilst he is at it

I'm not too up on the details of the Co-op bank's woes - is he responsible for them? If so then yes, I don't see why he shouldn't be held accountable.

I could link to article showing how labours loans are secured at base rate + 2% or 3%...

Is that unusual?

I picked two Tory loans/credit facilities (here's the db) from Lloyds TSB and NatWest and they were 4.34% over base rate and 3% over base rate respectively.

Edited by snowychap

• 9 months later...

I see Ed sent his wife out campaigning for him  this week in a bid to "de-weird " him  :crylaugh:

I am surprised there hasn't been any comment from Labour supporters about not using your family as props though  :o 

Honestly what the **** were they doing when they voted him leader?

"They" as in the Labour Party didn't, the Unions got him in.

It's the wrong Miliband, Grommit!

• Like 1

Maybe he can demand Neville Richardson (who left the Co-Op with £4.6 million ) repay his bonus whilst he is at it

I'm not too up on the details of the Co-op bank's woes - is he responsible for them? If so then yes, I don't see why he shouldn't be held accountable.

Are you mad! be held accountable! Good grief no.

The way it works for a chap is as follows.

You qualify for a job being in charge of a bank due to Pater being a Viscount. Then if it all goes "slightly awry" under your "expert" guidance well no fuss, what's clearly called for is elevation to the house of Lords as a Conservative Viscount yourself. Little details like dredging your moat with MPs expenses, Climate change denial, or your sister marrying the ludicrously out of touch Environment secretary and your wife being made a life peer by John Major can only back up what a good sort and man of the people you are. So why on earth should you be held accountable?

If that sounds a bit far fetched, a bit satirical, a bit too cynical, then have a look into Northern Rock.

You qualify for a job being in charge of a bank due to Pater being a Viscount. Then if it all goes "slightly awry" under your "expert" guidance well no fuss, what's clearly called for is elevation to the house of Lords as a Conservative Viscount yourself. Little details like dredging your moat with MPs expenses, Climate change denial, or your sister marrying the ludicrously out of touch Environment secretary and your wife being made a life peer by John Major can only back up what a good sort and man of the people you are. So why on earth should you be held accountable?

If that sounds a bit far fetched, a bit satirical, a bit too cynical, then have a look into Northern Rock.

i thought the Labour supporters on here always told us that it was a global recession and not anyones fault , especially the governemnt of the day  ,no sir not at all

seems a tad harsh therefore to blame Northern Rock on Matt Ridley

I also seem to recall he doesn't deny climate change , he's just against expensive renewable energy  .. he's on record as saying man made carbon dioxide has caused change for example

Edited by tonyh29

I'm not a Labour supporter (well, I suppose I am technically, as they get a few pence of my Union fees). But anyway, I wouldn't dream of blaming the person responsible. He was only the chairman. Mind you he blames himself, sort of, so at least he has that going for him. Anyway, he seems to have got over it quickly enough, which is nice. The treasury committee said that "The directors of Northern Rock were the principal authors of the difficulties that the company has faced since August 2007. The directors pursued a reckless business model which was excessively reliant on wholesale funding. ..which was posing a systemic risk to the financial system" He was personally blamed for not recognising the risks, by the committee.

Perhaps he's not against climate change, just that he supports the things that cause it and against things that alleviate it. Clearly quite different, isn't it?

As for what this has to do with Labour leader  - not a lot, as I doubt they'd do much to stop that sort of rampant chronyism either.

Well, indeed.

There was a time when a chap would have been left alone with his loaded revolver in his study to do the decent thing.

• 2 months later...

I've just seen snippets of Ed's ad lib (sorry, speech): well done in dragging some random along to the conference but what the crap is this anecdotal balls?

Poor.

Do they not remember the Cameron Leeds pasty incident? But let's have a go at the same kind of thing. Pillocks.

• Like 2

I'm no fan of Ed ( but then who is ) but even by his standards this week have made him look a cretin

Wtf were his team of advisors thinking ... Were they sleeping when Cameron did his "I met a black man " anecdote on the TV debates and the ridicule that resulted

• Like 3

I had the misfortune to hear Ed Milliband's speech in the car. It was absolutely cringeworthy.

He came across as the bloke at a party that everyone avoids because all he does is talk about himself.

I felt embarrassed for him, he obviously felt the same as he forgot to mention the economy and immigration

The blokes out of his depth tbh and its only going to get worse for him

• Like 2

Agree with all the above.

Plus it's already too late to give him the elbow and get the electable Alan Johnson in place.

Now we are in the position of needing the LibDem's to have a mini resurgency.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, well done Labour.

Â