Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

An extremely hot girl gave me her number.

I lost my phone shortly after.

Found her on facebook via a lengthy search of criteria I could recall from our conversation.

Now I have a dilemma of contacting her without her knowing I had to 'stalk her' to find her.

Help

So I have a dilemma. Some of you may have read my wife left me over the Christmas period, She hasn't moved in with this other man, she is keeping that from the kids, denying she has been having an affair. But she is, and they are becoming aware of it. That's not my dilemma though. Her family have obviously been on her side.  No one one her side of the family, whom I have known for 26 years have spoken to me since it all came out, save fors one brother in law who has spoken to me a couple of times, and so has his wife. I supported her through her divorce some years ago. I was the only one, and that was really because I was working nearby on business so stayed with her a lot rather than hotels. In the last week she sent a letter to my ex but delivered to my address by mistake. I have to be honest , I opened it. The gist of it was I'm with you Sis bugger him. 

Now the dilemma, they have invited me for dinner tonight, I have accepted. I think it was all his idea. But I just don't know how to play it. how should I react. Normally when I used to go in, it was a handshake for him and a peck on the cheek for her. 

And what should I tell them, that I feel lousy, that despite what my ex (that's the first time I have used that phrase) has told them she has been cheating on the me and my kids. The fact that she couldn't get any time for holidays with the kids she could get time off for a holiday with her boyfriend, basically should I tell them how I see it, or should I keep schtumm or even put a brave face on it and say everything is fine. 

I'm not sure.   I have 4 hours to decide. 

So I have a dilemma. Some of you may have read my wife left me over the Christmas period, She hasn't moved in with this other man, she is keeping that from the kids, denying she has been having an affair. But she is, and they are becoming aware of it. That's not my dilemma though. Her family have obviously been on her side.  No one one her side of the family, whom I have known for 26 years have spoken to me since it all came out, save fors one brother in law who has spoken to me a couple of times, and so has his wife. I supported her through her divorce some years ago. I was the only one, and that was really because I was working nearby on business so stayed with her a lot rather than hotels. In the last week she sent a letter to my ex but delivered to my address by mistake. I have to be honest , I opened it. The gist of it was I'm with you Sis bugger him. 

Now the dilemma, they have invited me for dinner tonight, I have accepted. I think it was all his idea. But I just don't know how to play it. how should I react. Normally when I used to go in, it was a handshake for him and a peck on the cheek for her. 

And what should I tell them, that I feel lousy, that despite what my ex (that's the first time I have used that phrase) has told them she has been cheating on the me and my kids. The fact that she couldn't get any time for holidays with the kids she could get time off for a holiday with her boyfriend, basically should I tell them how I see it, or should I keep schtumm or even put a brave face on it and say everything is fine. 

So no one knows the real reason for the split? I'd let the cat out of the bag. Why should you let people think you could be to blame? You've done nothing wrong.

• Like 1

DHUTWU

Sorry, I hate myself.

Just act cordial and if asked tell them the reason for the break up (that it was her fault). You've done nothing wrong pal. Don't see why you should hiding the facts from people. 

I looked at it, then thought better of it.

Then when I couldn't believe anyone had tapped in the open goal felt it was my duty!

You are only human

• Like 1

You should tell them the truth, it's not like you have anything to lose and it's not fair that your ex has twisted this to make you look like the bad guy. I say you start fighting fire with fire, this woman needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Â