Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

this makes you look like a dweeb because you're on here asking for help.

Yeah, I admit it makes me look stupid....to you. She doesn't know I'm asking you guys for help, obviously, so me coming here begging all ya to give me advice and spiritual support has no bearing on her opinion of me.

Anyway, if she doesn't reply within the next few days I'll send her another text closer to the date to confirm that she won't come. If she doesn't respond again, then I **** off, obviously.

I have friends, whom I trust completely, who take forever to respond, and sometimes they forget to respond, period, and I think she might be similar in that respect.

Also, don't think she's a "glued-to-my-phone-all-the-time" person at all - take that with a pinch of salt, obviously, given that I have only just gotten to know her.

Edited by legov

Or it would be something different, surprising and delighting her. Either way you wouldn't be sat wondering any longer. I can finally use old man lingo now; back in my day we HAD to phone them up because most people didn't have mobiles. Terrifying yet so much more exciting.

I don't know, I'm not "I-want-to-jump-your-bones-right-now" into her, I'm merely at the "you're interesting, let's get to know each other" stage. And I want my actions to reflect that. Calling her might make me seem like I'm taking things too fast - I'm trying to maintain a vibe that's not too romantic at this stage.

Also, calling her and finding out that I've just interrupted her while she was in the middle of doing something isn't something I want.

Edited by legov

Or it would be something different, surprising and delighting her. Either way you wouldn't be sat wondering any longer. I can finally use old man lingo now; back in my day we HAD to phone them up because most people didn't have mobiles. Terrifying yet so much more exciting.

I don't know, I'm not "I-want-to-jump-your-bones-right-now" into her, I'm merely at the "you're interesting, let's get to know each other" stage. And I want my actions to reflect that. Calling her might make me seem like I'm taking things too fast - I'm trying to maintain a vibe that's not too romantic at this stage.

Also, calling her and finding out that I've just interrupted her while she was in the middle of doing something isn't something I want.

I think you should just text her that  :D

I think you should just text her that  :D

Well, this was what I texted her (when she asked me why I had asked her if she was free)

Go eat together or something. Cause I don't share lessons with you and I want to keep in contact with you

You're reading in to things to much.

You clearly like the girl and she said she is free next week right? A quick call shows your a man that doesn't mess around with texting. She probably won't even answer but will see you called. Bet you she will text or call back. If she don't you know for sure she's not interested.

Then just ask what time and where to meet. Quick brief call. You don't have to fanny about with small talk. Just want to know what the sketch is.

Take control man.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Hmm, it does sound like you're moving too fast and I don't think it's right.

• Like 3

No, you are definitely over-thinking it.

Here's the Seinfeld episode called The Opposite, where George did exactly the opposite to what instinct told him to do (lie), and it transforms his life.

Although, to be honest, kissing-ass is probably the better strategy in life outside sitcoms.

The opening to Dale Carnegie's famous How to Win Friends and Influence People, is one of the most insightful analyses into human vanity and narcissism you are ever likely to read, and it is hilarious because it is true.  

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Â