Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I mean, if she replies after the two-day period you suggested I set - her late response might be because she had reasons I shouldn't worry about (just like it was in the case of my friend)

Meh, I wouldn't wanna play any of those stupid games.

I'd just reply with, I had a good time with you and thought you had a good time to, if you don't want to go any further then just say and I'll leave you alone.

I'd just reply with, I had a good time with you and thought you had a good time to, if you don't want to go any further then just say and I'll leave you alone.

God, you're such a dork..

God, you're such a dork..

Sorry, your idea is so much better :P

• Like 2

Ignore her and eventually she will text you. Then you reply after a few days saying 'Sorry, Im busy'

I mean it won't get you anywhere but you gotta win these mind game battles.

I seriously cannot tell if you're joking or being serious.

Play it cool thing is lost on me. She either wants to go out with you or she doesn't. If she thinks you're being too keen, feck it. It all sounds like fannying around to me.

Ignore her and eventually she will text you. Then you reply after a few days saying 'Sorry, Im busy'

Play it cool thing is lost on me. She either wants to go out with you or she doesn't. If she thinks you're being too keen, feck it. It all sounds like fannying around to me.

I agree with this. The whole dating game would be so much more simpler if people just stopped playing games and just were real from day one. You are either interested  or your not bitch. Has text and social media made it worse, who knows.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

I agree with this. The whole dating game would be so much more simpler if people just stopped playing games and just were real from day one. You are either interested or your not bitch. Has text and social media made it worse, who knows.

FWIW I agree with both of you, I prefer straight forward stuff none of these, tests, rules etc. but I know what kind of girl he is describing and I'd have already ruled her out. She's probably stuck to her phone all day but is taking her time to text back on purpose, mind games.

As said, it's a teenage, early 20s type style.

• Like 1

Of course, it might not be mind games and she could just be one of those annoying assholes who almost never check their phone or don't think it's important to text people back within what most people would agree is an acceptable timeframe.

If she is playing mind games though, **** that. I mean, I can kind of understand and it's not just women who do it, but I'd have thought by your twenties people would have matured enough to just think that if you like someone, just reply to them. It's not hard to strike the balance between psychotic obsessive and apathetic, mind game playing arsehole.

• Like 1

Thing is, she's got a mobile/cell phone.

Everyone checks the **** things 10,000,000 times a day, incase they get a like on facebook, so it's painfully obvious that she's recieved and read your text, probably 5 times.

She's either A. trying to look good by ignoring you - this makes you look like a dweeb because you're on here asking for help.

Or B. You're just really, really ugly both phsyically and mentally and she's blocked your number because she's fearful of rape, or weird photos of your knob with a cheese grater telling her to do stuff.

I reckon it's A.  She's trying to ignore you, in some weird effort to look "cool" or "preoccupied" or "important" - she's not.  She's just some tart you wanna sling your hook in.

And if you were a lion, you could literally sling your hook in, because of their wierd "hooky" knobs innit.

**** HER OFF MAATEEEEEEEE, LAAAAAAAAD.

• Like 3

On a serious note, just don't send any more texts at the moment. If she replies, great, there may be a genuine reason she hasn't replied. I mean its next weekend.. you've over a week to organise it!

If she doesn't reply say by Wednesday next week, just drop a breezy text "Hi, you still free this weekend for a bite to eat?" If no response then you know exactly where you stand. 

Just don't be the guy who sends loads of texts without reply! 

• Like 1

Legov, I wish you all the best in your current efforts, do keep us informed. Gee guys, we all need to be supportive to legov to encourage a more positive atmosphere, I'm sure we will all be here for him. Go VT!

:)

:thumb:

• Like 1

Â