Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Expensive hah no. Bought her lunch which was £45 in total.

Someone please tell me that I'm not the only cheepskate in here thinking £45 for lunch is, infact, quite expensive.

Expensive hah no. Bought her lunch which was £45 in total.

Someone please tell me that I'm not the only cheepskate in here thinking £45 for lunch is, infact, quite expensive.

If it was for both of them then it's fine, assuming he went to a nice place.

If it was £45 just for her then I'd say it's a wee bit expensive.

BIll was about £60 when I took my date out last week including a couple of drinks each and I covered that.

£45 is fair enough for a date, especially a first one.

It was total for both of us, including jug of sangria. It was Southbank in London ffs. This is not a cheap city.

You get used to the price of things here. Dublin is an expensive city too so wasn't too much of a shock.

For lunch though?

I'd sink £60/£70 into an evening meal happily enough, but it seems a little bit much for lunch.

Perhaps I am just a skinflint. 

Edit: London, fair enough, all bets are off.

Edited by Shillzz

Thing is you don't end up paying for dinner all the time. First time it's polite. If it went well dinner the 2nd time you'd accept if she kind of partially insisted she pay half. That's when I throw in the winning play. Cooking for her next time. Women eat that shit up and you got them in your gaff so you're pretty much in then.

• Like 3

I'm single, no kids, no loans, no car, no rent, no bills. Plus I've a large pool if gambling profits to boot.

The drain of mortgage, kids, bills etc. has not hit me yet. I'm under no illusions that it won't in time.

But as of now, savings are growing not depleting. That's what single life is like though

Â