Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

So all, I've been with my girl for 3 years. 

She's going away to Australia for 6 months at Christmas. When she comes back we'll be starting Uni that year. If all goes according to plan i'll be at Exeter and she'll be at Cardiff.

Does anyone have advice for the 6 months in Australia and then the Exeter/Cardiff issue?

I think it will be one of those things that will take a lot of hard work in the sense of skyping/calling/texting staying in contact as much as possible and seeing each other as often as possible. If you both want it to work it should do, plus I'd echo Ben-Jammin's words...

Don't end it.

But be prepared for it to end. It might break your heart or it might be your decision and break her heart.

But to be brutally honest the guys are right, it probably won't make it.

I know relationships that lasted through uni. but they're few and far between. Especially different unis.

Just be prepared for it not to last.

As I said earlier in this thread and without sounding like an infatuated ghey fool, I have known my current gf for about 4 months now, we both knew something was gonna happen from day one but we took it slow initially and now we have been dating for a month of that time and I'm wondering if it is possible to know that you've met 'the one' in that space of time?

I was with my ex for nearly 5 years, lived with her for 2, had a few short term things in the 3 or so years since but nothing has come close to anything like this. It doesn't feel weird or anything to be certain of where this is heading so soon and she has told me she feels this way before I started to.

Anyone else ever been sure of something so soon?

The only thing I've been sure of so soon is that I like Bacon Sandwiches and I still have one almost every day, so......good signs.

Somehow we find each other through all that masquerade

Somehow we found each other, somehow we have stayed

In a state of grace...

I don't believe in destiny or the guiding hand of fate

I don't believe in forever or in love as a mystical state

I don't believe in the stars or the planets or angels watching from above

But I believe there's a ghost of a chance we can find someone to love

And make it last...

As I said earlier in this thread and without sounding like an infatuated ghey fool, I have known my current gf for about 4 months now, we both knew something was gonna happen from day one but we took it slow initially and now we have been dating for a month of that time and I'm wondering if it is possible to know that you've met 'the one' in that space of time?

I was with my ex for nearly 5 years, lived with her for 2, had a few short term things in the 3 or so years since but nothing has come close to anything like this. It doesn't feel weird or anything to be certain of where this is heading so soon and she has told me she feels this way before I started to.

Anyone else ever been sure of something so soon?

In my opinion it's too soon to know.

Don't rush into anything. You MIGHT be right and she is "the one"

But I know plenty of people (and have been that person myself) who have KNOWN that the person they're with is "the one" after 3 months, yet it doesn't work out in the end.

Don't get cocky kid.

She's going away to Australia for 6 months at Christmas. When she comes back we'll be starting Uni that year. If all goes according to plan i'll be at Exeter and she'll be at Cardiff.

Does anyone have advice for the 6 months in Australia and then the Exeter/Cardiff issue?

Think of this as a great opportunity to not be lumbered with a girlfriend during your uni years :)

Unless: She has fantastic bosoms, a perfect sense of humour, a brilliant mind, and a heart of gold, or at least three out of four.

If you're really really really really really certain you're serious about her, make sure you talk every single day, and not just for five minutes (I have experience of a UK-Australia relationship, and it only worked because of daily phone calls, usually an hour or so long. If you don't have enough to talk about for an hour a day, better to be single I say).

Also be prepared for the fact that a lot of girls can tend to feel that changes in their lives should be accompanied by changes in their choice of boyfriend.

• Like 1

Wanted the view of London so Sushisamba was my first thought as I live 3 mins walk away.

Rhodes24 is walking distance too. Think I'll go with that.

Aqua Shard has awesome views, but that's not walking distance I suppose, you crafty git ;)

(Good tactics)

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Think of this as a great opportunity to not be lumbered with a girlfriend during your uni years :)

Unless: She has fantastic bosoms, a perfect sense of humour, a brilliant mind, and a heart of gold, or at least three out of four.

If you're really really really really really certain you're serious about her, make sure you talk every single day, and not just for five minutes (I have experience of a UK-Australia relationship, and it only worked because of daily phone calls, usually an hour or so long. If you don't have enough to talk about for an hour a day, better to be single I say).

Also be prepared for the fact that a lot of girls can tend to feel that changes in their lives should be accompanied by changes in their choice of boyfriend.

She has at least 3/4! for sure.

She's a definite keeper IMO, late night VT'ers are blessed to not one, but two pictures of us! Which will be removed when I get uncomfortable XD

Hahaa - those who were proactive got the pictures - if you missed out better luck next time. Tbf the image is on the next page in a quote lol - for how long i'm unsure, until Imageshack has an effect ;) 

Haters gon' hate. 
Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

Â