Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

Good luck to him. Won't have a lot of money to spend, but I reckong they've got the kind of squad he'll work very very well with. A striker and a winger in Jan and they could yet challenge for europe.

I hope he gets a good reception on his VP return, though I fear it won't be great.

Sorry it may sound bitter but I really want Sunderland to descend into free-fall now. I never liked them before but with that clearing in the woods in charge it makes it an easy decision to wish them failure.

If they thought Bruce could spend millions on mediocre players, they aint seen nothing yet.

As has been said, he will do very well there. We'll see how things goes once he leaves but come next season they'll be fighting up where we were when he was here. Will be interesting to see if he manages to better his record with us for them. I have a feeling he'll be bagging a Cup for them within the next two seasons. Sad to see him at another Premier League club to be honest. I loved the man when he was here and felt pretty secure with him at the helm. His departure will not change that feeling. I too would have him back in a heartbeat. I miss him. :(

Not sure how i feel about MON joining Sunderland.

He was a very likeable manager but ultimately he left us in the shit and we have struggled to recuperate since (which is alot to do with Lerner and reinvestment too).

I wont boo him on his return but then im not a "booer" anyway, but many will.

I think his time at Sunderland will be watched under a magnified glass by most on VT.

Sundeland fans should be happy as he is a good manager but they will have to deal with the frustrations that we had to too. As good a motivator he has a bad side too but please oh please buy Heskey and Beye!!!!!!

Sundeland fans should be happy as he is a good manager but they will have to deal with the frustrations that we had to too. As good a motivator he has a bad side too but please oh please buy Heskey and Beye!!!!!!

I know not many agree with me, but those frustrations were luxury problems. People got annoyed that we failed to win cups and break into top 4. Now we're frustrated over not finishing in the top 10.

I know not many agree with me, but those frustrations were luxury problems. People got annoyed that we failed to win cups and break into top 4. Now we're frustrated over not finishing in the top 10.

so you call it a luxury:

Isolating some of the better players in the team by leaving them in the reserves even though they were better than what we had in the first team?

Stubbonly refusing to make changes to a team with a formation that was not working

Not giving thekids a chance

Buying Heskey

In fact buying players on high wages, long contracts and with a short term playing life

letting some of them on those run down their contracts stuck in the reserves without any attempt to sell them.

Ask those who flew that trip to europe if it was a luxury to pay all that money to watch the youth team play and get knocked out.

He has a hell of a lot of good points but please! his bad points a luxury!

The problem with MON was that he did just about enough for the resources he had.

He had the oppotunity for 2 years to break into the CL but failed each time. It was no coincidence the team use to burn out in March and he should have learnt that after his 2nd season in charge. For all the good players he bought he bought 2-3 poor ones too.

Give big sam or brucie that budget MON had and they would probably achieve what he achieved if not less. But i think there were managers out there who would have got us a lot more for our wonga at the time.

Â