Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

The Daily Mail said he is aware of the financial contraints placed on him in the next two transfer windows.

Yeah, I know its the DM and all that, but Five Live also said he knew there would be financial constraints in place for quite a while.

Officially confirmed by the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15997197.stm

Which begs the question as to why he walked out over finances here, if he's prepared to work under budget constraints at Sunderland.

I feel he played a game of call my bluff with Lerner and back himself into a corner so had to quit. PLus our expectations were higher so more money would have been needed. Sunderland may say no money but stay in the prem.

I used to have a soft spot for Sunderland, now i will hate every single goal they score for that little pricks celebration on teh touch line.

I wasnt of fan of his during his stay at villa, but the way he left us just topped it off. Meant we couldnt bring in a proper replacement or plan anything. One of lifes biggest arseholes

MON will do well at Blunderland and IMO they will finish above us in the league. There is definately something that we don't know about as to why MON left us, you don't get paid compo at an Industrial Tribunal for cutting back on the spending.

Even with all his shit buys he is still the best manager we have had for a while and the sense of optimism at the club left with him I would have him back in a flash considering Randy's inept choices!

Well why did we pretty much end up paying compo towards MON?

Because we pretty much sacked him basically.

He didnt walk out.

And increasing hindsight shows how muddled and incompetent our owners are since then.

Nevermind that tho -the ridiculous and needless appoiintement of McCrap we now have is a shitter manager than Gary Megson or Phil Brown -and yet paid a lot for the privilage this shiteness. Even Doug Ellis would frown

Well why did we pretty much end up paying compo towards MON?

Because we pretty much sacked him basically.

He didnt walk out.

And increasing hindsight shows hows how muddled our owners are since then.

Nevermind that tho - we now have a shitter manager than Gary Megson or Phil Brown -and paid a lot for the privilage this shiteness

Well never mind hey, at least the demented old crock from last year never cost anything?

Oh shit!

Randy Lerner should be given a knighthood for his charity work and donations to those less fortunate than us?

MON will do well at Blunderland and IMO they will finish above us in the league. There is definately something that we don't know about as to why MON left us, you don't get paid compo at an Industrial Tribunal for cutting back on the spending.

Even with all his shit buys he is still the best manager we have had for a while and the sense of optimism at the club left with him I would have him back in a flash considering Randy's inept choices!

Agreed.

He did buy the odd good player too ;)

Agreed.

He did buy the odd good player too ;)

Did you not know that the site rules forbid you from mentioning the good players...

I liked MON he gave us a bit of swagger and arrogance that we really do now miss. Even when he threw a game (Russia trip) he took the fans out for a knees up. I didn't see that after Houllier's Liverplop love-in or Mancs display or when McUseless gave up on the coach to WHL.

MON was annoying, frustrating and at times unfathomable but we were very rarely thought of as a push over.

MON was annoying, frustrating and at times unfathomable but we were very rarely thought of as a push over.

Even though I wasnt a MON fan during his time I have to agree with this point. The belief and atmosphere he brought to the starting 11 at the start of a game was great and sorely missed

Sunderland may well finish above us but it has nothing to do with O'Neill, but rather McLeish being an exceedingly poor manager. In all fairness they could hire almost anyone and still finish above us as there aren't many managers out there worse than ours.

MON at Sunderland? What a joke. Say what you like but he was our best manager for years. Having the clown in charge is now looking more like a joke.

Still can't get my hea around us not bagging sparky.

Seems I'm in a bad mood this morning now. Argh! To be a villa fan is painful.

going to be hard to watch him there as he'll do well there, no question about it

pisses me off when we've become as shit as we are, you just cant believe how wrong it has gone for us in such a short period of time. forget how or why he left us, id have him back here in a shot because i was 100% more happy and secure about our present and future under MON

what has happened since has been a disgrace and shows that yanks dont have a bloody clue when it comes to football

Er.... you do know the man who just appointed O'Neill at Sunderland is American don't you? :D

:lol:

Although Short is being advised by Niall Quinn, who probably knows a little more about the game than a certain Paul Faulkner.

Â