Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

He would though become a good choice for them and will in the short to medium term do a good job for them even if he buys some terrible players in the process.

and maybe even some good ones :D

Agreed I was alluding to that in the first bit of my post.

I will be quite envious of them if they get MON as he will do well their for 3-4 years

But given the chance he'll spend a small fortune and leave on messy terms with a huge wage bill and an ageing squad

Much like Bruce has already done then?

I don't know if it is common knowledge or not, I'm guessing not as I've not seen it mentioned so far in this thread but Martin O'Neill is a boyhood Sunderland fan.

Yeh, this is why I thought he was nailed on for the job. Then yesterday I noticed that the Sunderland owner/chairman... can't remember his name, sorry... is apparently very close friends with Randy, so I'm no longer so sure MON will get the job.

I'm missing something, sorry. Why would that mean MON probably won't be given the job?

Even though i quite like Sunderland and wouldn't normally wish them ill, I pray that O'Neill gets that job so that his ghost can be exorcised from our club once and for all.

Agreed.

There are people on here that behave like jilted husbands.

He dumped us. He's moved on. We should to.

I propose the Mods set up the word filter so "MON, Martin O'Neill or any other" variant and spelling are replaced with the words "He-who-must-not-be-named" OR better still "Lord Voldemort"

I don't know if it is common knowledge or not, I'm guessing not as I've not seen it mentioned so far in this thread but Martin O'Neill is a boyhood Sunderland fan.

Yeh, this is why I thought he was nailed on for the job. Then yesterday I noticed that the Sunderland owner/chairman... can't remember his name, sorry... is apparently very close friends with Randy, so I'm no longer so sure MON will get the job.

Ellis Short.

Damn didn't know that bit of info, wish I'd known that before.

Although to be fair perhaps Randy will give him the benefit of his experience ie, keep an eye on the wage bill. All in all O'Neill is a more than decent manager and one Sunderland would be foolish to over look.

I guess we don't know the full extent of any animosity from Lerner to O'Neill. I got the impression from the General that the bridges were well and truly burned. But yeah, I think MON would be perfect for Sunderland. Business is business, I can't see them getting anyone better, that's for sure.

I'm missing something, sorry. Why would that mean MON probably won't be given the job?

Well after the way it ended at Villa, I'm not sure Lerner would be giving him a glowing reference, and it's hard to imagine he wouldn't be asked about O'Neill. But who knows? We still know bugger all about what actually happened.

If MON gets the job...will he go for any of our players. He usually signs players who he has worked with at the beginning....

Heskey? Collins? Warnock? If so will he give us our money back? (please)

Cant think of too many others who he would go for as a lot have left. I think he would be interested in Gabby but he would not leave.

Â