John Terry

CI

Not sure of the morality of the FA charging Terry, tried by the legal system and cleared, it should be left at that. Once its been dealt with by the judiciary that should be it imo. Regardless of my dislike of the man himself. Ferdinand shouldn't be allowed to try the case twice effectively.

It's not odd at all, it's the same principle that sees people cleared by criminal courts and found guilty of wrongdoing in civil courts for the same issue.

Criminal law standards and footballing conduct standards are rightly very different, since a punishment administered by the FA doesn't really compare to a criminal record. Bullshitting about 'sarcasm' might keep the law of the land off his back, but if he escaped a footballing suspension/fine with that schtick it would be outrageous.

The FA requires a lot less proof to be found guilty and is decided not by "beyond all reasonable doubt" but the much less strict "balance of probabilities" so the criminal case outcome has no impact on the FA ruling. The FA are only looking to see if Terry broke one of their rules and not the law.

Using the Suarez precedant Terry is screwed as all the FA require is enough evidence to suggest that he said "F**king Black word removed" in reference to Ferdinand and tone, context doesn't come into it. If on the "balance of probabilities" the FA panel believe he said what he said he will be banned for 8 games.

Giving this, with the existence of video evidence in this case, unlike with Suarez where he was found guilty, showing him saying said words I'd be shocked if he wasn't found guilty.

However, we all know the FA are useless and the fact he is good old Sir John of Terry and still an important international player and former Captain, I wouldn't be shocked if they found a 'solution' to this problem as Terry, imo based on what I've read and heard, will threaten to quit National football and Hodgson really doesn't him to.

The funniest thing in this is that the Chelsea fans are demanding the FA go over Hodgsons head and reinstate Terry as the England Captain, even if the FA do him as he was found innocent in a court of law.

I don't think many of them lot have read the full judgement here the Judge basically decimates Terry as an individual and says his stroy is basically bollocks but had to find him innocent on a technicality even though it sounds like the Judge believed he was saying it as an insult towards Ferdinand.

I'm torn on the Terry saga. Well, I'm actually torn on verbal racism in general. At the end of the day, it's just words out of someones mouth! I suppose it all depends on the sort of person you are though. For example, if someone that is black or asian called me a white word removed, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I would probably laugh, depending on the situation.

I know people will disagree with this post but that's just me. I am not easily offended. Especially by someone calling me a white word removed. I am white and I am definitely a word removed at times. That's not racism, that's just truth telling about myself! :)

We were totally outplayed by Ukraine who were incredibly unfortunate to not get a point from the game, be it not for a bad linesman's decision.

You mean the bad decision in not putting his flag up to call the Ukraine forward offside, seconds before they 'scored'?

I'm torn on the Terry saga. Well, I'm actually torn on verbal racism in general. At the end of the day, it's just words out of someones mouth! I suppose it all depends on the sort of person you are though. For example, if someone that is black or asian called me a white word removed, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I would probably laugh, depending on the situation.

I know people will disagree with this post but that's just me. I am not easily offended. Especially by someone calling me a white word removed. I am white and I am definitely a word removed at times. That's not racism, that's just truth telling about myself! :)

I'm assuming you're not of an ethnic minority where you live?

Racism should not be an 8 game ban.

Racism is bad but it's just words at the end of the day.

8 game bans should be reserved for violent assaults and what not.

Well that just shows your true colours. I'd much rather be hurt for a few weeks because of an assalt that abused because of my ethnic origin.

You CLEARLY don't understand what that's like

Well that just shows your true colours. I'd much rather be hurt for a few weeks because of an assalt that abused because of my ethnic origin.

You CLEARLY don't understand what that's like

I'd rather be racially abused.

At least I won't be put in hospital or have my leg broken.

Â