Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Regarding Harris, again I do think his sentence is unduly lenient and I should suspect that it will be increased. I also don't think rehabilitation even comes into the picture in his case. That being said, I don't think he will or should spend it all in prison because of his age. I don't think this because he's old and frail, I think this because by having someone that will require that much high security together with that much care would be a huge drain on resources. Better to keep him in prison for a bit and then parole him with restrictions on his movements and all sorts of conditions. Basically like house arrest. That is still a big punishment as it effectively destroys the rest of his life but it also avoids costing the tax players a fortune.

I disagree. The state has a duty to predict all citizens, even criminals. As a celebrity the cost of protecting him outside prison will be more than the cost of protecting him inside prison.

Paul C - I have found your comments in this thread to be utterly bizarre. He was not a "frail old man" when he committed these crimes, but unfortunately we cannot go back in time and retrospectively punish him. If only, perhaps a few less lives would have been shattered by the actions of a vile predator.

So what is your suggestion? That if you evade the law for long enough you get some kind of special dispensation when it comes to sentencing? As I said, utterly bizarre. 

I've just watched an old peadophile documentary, it follows scotland yard on the hunt for peadophiles. It was very graphic and it took a lot of strengh to watch it. No matter how old a peadophile is he or she should have the maximum punishment, the things they do are just pure evil but they think they are so clever and they think the child likes it. After watching it, its made me so angry.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I only asked whether you had been trained in law because you seem to know a lot, and thinking that if I can't get it from what you had written then there really isn't any hope for me. I didn't mean to suggest that you can't have an opinion or anything if you don't have certain qualifications.

I think the closest I came to understanding is the relationship between these to scenarios that you posted.

If I (as in society/the law) tell you it's fine to do x then I can't (or shouldn't) come back to you afterwards and tell you that it's illegal.

If I (as in society/the law) tell you that doing x carries a penalty of y then I can't (or shouldn't) then tell you the penalty is other than y.

So maybe I'm on my way to learning a little something afterall.

Just ignore him he wouldn't even know a decent wine if it smacked him round the head :lol:

I've just watched an old peadophile documentary, it follows scotland yard on the hunt for peadophiles. It was very graphic and it took a lot of strengh to watch it. No matter how old a peadophile is he or she should have the maximum punishment, the things they do are just pure evil but they think they are so clever and they think the child likes it. After watching it, its made me so angry.

So is a peadophile someone who abuses vegetables? :P Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

i just wonder how far this goes.by that i mean it could'nt just be a few tv/radio stars doing this.i wonder if others were involved(say judges,mp's and other notables).i wonder whether it is like the belgian scandal of a few years ago.

So is a peadophile someone who abuses vegetables? :P
you could say that yes

i just wonder how far this goes.by that i mean it could'nt just be a few tv/radio stars doing this.i wonder if others were involved(say judges,mp's and other notables).i wonder whether it is like the belgian scandal of a few years ago.

every bugger is at it

I only asked whether you had been trained in law because you seem to know a lot, and thinking that if I can't get it from what you had written then there really isn't any hope for me. I didn't mean to suggest that you can't have an opinion or anything if you don't have certain qualifications.

I think the closest I came to understanding is the relationship between these to scenarios that you posted.

If I (as in society/the law) tell you it's fine to do x then I can't (or shouldn't) come back to you afterwards and tell you that it's illegal.

If I (as in society/the law) tell you that doing x carries a penalty of y then I can't (or shouldn't) then tell you the penalty is other than y.

So maybe I'm on my way to learning a little something afterall.

Just ignore him he wouldn't even know a decent wine if it smacked him round the head :lol:

Hey, that's low. :)

Â