• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Ireland 56)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bent 74)

Dominated the game. Good performance.

Gabby was excellent. Great finish from Bent. Petrov has a new lease of life this season.

This should shut the moaning tossers up. Attacking football and looked comfortable at the back. No negatives at all although I'm sure certain people will find some.

the positives

good result

clean sheat

3 points

bent scores and so does gabby

the not so positives

we played poor for large parts of the game, gave possession away far too cheaply and against a team with attack minded players or even a decent striker on the pitch, we could again have drawn or even lost.

delph , well he needs to keep playing which at the moment is a liability

collins, got turned, out of position and the club foot was used yet again every time he got the ball

hutton looks shit bar the odd good tackle

against one of the shittest sides in the division we won, however they had more shots, more possession, better football, more tackles won

it all came down to gabbytoday, he was the difference between 2 poor teams, although that may do a diservice to given who did some nice saves.

their keeper made 2 or 3 nice saves, i think maybe 1 of the was going in the other 2 looked to be hitting the bar or just over

im confused how some saw us as dominating the game? it wasnt the game i was watching.

we did play some nice stuff in short bursts but it was not very often and the majority of our build up play was collins... hoooof to forwards then the ball drops to someone.

when we did have it on the ground and tried passing we seemed decent although once ireland went off there was little to no movement.

i will take the 3 points all day long over playing nice football, we are not ion a position to be too choosy

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:cdc6da68f3][mrow][mcol color=#8c333c:cdc6da68f3]Aston Villa[mcol]2-0[mcol color=white:cdc6da68f3]Wigan

[row][mcol color=#8c333c:cdc6da68f3]Agbonlahor 36[col][col color=white:cdc6da68f3]

[row][mcol color=#8c333c:cdc6da68f3]Bent 62[col][col color=white:cdc6da68f3]

[/table]

Only saw the game after the 2nd goal so didn't see the best parts. Certianly looked like the players thought it was job done which nearly cost us on occasion. From what I saw Delph was real poor but can't say anything for rest of game. I'm sure he'll come good give time.

Oh and this against a time who we haven't beat in their last 6 visits to Villa Park I believe.

Looking forward to the City game to see the true metal of the players. City are spanking most teams right not so I'm sure most will expect the same against us. Let's get get behind the boys 6th and upwards.

Even though it was against one of the leagues whipping boys Gabby, Bannan and Bent look quite a potent force going forward. Bannan in the first half bossed the show. Not sure where is was in the 2nd half he was double marked I think but this left more space for Gabby and Bent. Gabby's best position is defiantly coming from the wing Henry style. Still concerns about possession due to our poor distribution from the back but at least up top we are looking more potent and with Bannan we have someone who is great at set-pieces.

Â