The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with most of it, but it's a shit article. What a crap writer!

He doesn't seem to give his readers much credit. Spacing nearly every other sentence into their own paragraphs suggests most of his readers have worse attention spans than even mine!

Wow, look, a blue car!!

I agree.

For what that's worth.

He doesn't seem to know how to use apostrophes either.

Pretty thick really.

Must be easy to be a journalist.

I don't like his tone either.

Rubbish.

The last three lines of that are a Haiku. In your face Moxley, beat that!

On a personal level, I have to say that I've enjoyed working with Alex McLeish.

It's over four-and-a-half years since he arrived from Scotland. During that time he has proved himself to be one of the good guys.

I've always thought that he seems like a decent chap. Still want him to go though. McLeish out.

For months the local media have sat on the fence, stayed quiet and ignored the views of the fans for fear of biting the hand that feeds them. Now they realise they have no choice but to reluctantly turn the screw for fear of alienating their readership.

For months the local media have sat on the fence, stayed quiet and ignored the views of the fans for fear of biting the hand that feeds them. Now they realise they have no choice but to reluctantly turn the screw for fear of alienating their readership.

either that, or the club has now told them that they can work away and print whatever they want as the manager will be leaving soon

either that, or the club has now told them that they can work away and print whatever they want as the manager will be leaving soon

They really don't think for one minute about 'alienating their readership', because they know that won't happen, and the club won't have told them anything.

They just smell change, and change is something to report, that's all.

I agree.

For what that's worth.

He doesn't seem to know how to use apostrophes either.

Pretty thick really.

Must be easy to be a journalist.

I don't like his tone either.

Rubbish.

The last three lines of that are a Haiku. In your face Moxley, beat that!

That's not a haiku

five syllables then seven

and then five again

Actually, it's not really true since it's hard to translate the features of writing a Haiku from Japanese to English and it's not actually syllables that they mean with regards to the 5, 7, 5 structure.

He has to go in the summer. He was forced to stay in the dugout against West Brom for fear of fans having a go at him. Has this happened at other clubs? You can't have a manager who's hiding from his own club's fans, it's a ridiculous situation.

I haven't been to the Hawthorns for several years.

How close to the dugout do the away fans now sit? Must be pretty close if that is the reason.

Away fans are located behind the goal so not that close to dugout. It'll be a disaster if the club persists with McLeish. They must think fans have short memories if they hope McLeish is going to be supported come August.

Randy must be aware that there would be McLeish out protests from the first match of the season until AM is sacked. He simply cannot afford to start next season on that basis. That's why I'm sure AMs' fate has been sealed by the events of recent weeks.

I think that AM's fate has been sealed by the overall performance of the season, and is nothing to do with fan 'protests'

Funny how the press only started to pick up on how dire we were and how badly McLeish was performing AFTER the protest.

As I said, thankfully some had some balls whilst the rest were sheep, too afraid to upset the applecart.

The guys with the big balls are clearly naive enough to think that the decision makers weren't aware of how badly the team were performing until they read the report in the press, reports which were entirely prompted by the protestors.

Some people really do rate themselves highly :lol:

With regard to the sheep reference, I think that there are guidelines about labelling supporters with a different point of view, but as we have an immoderate 'McLeish Out' moderator, you should be okay.

I am not making reference to myself, I have not been to VP since McLeish was appointed. I rate them highly, but I am not a self clapping back.

As for being comfortable that he was going pre Bolton, I wish I felt as sure about that as you. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think that article is still a bit tippy tappy, he spends too long ass kissing before sticking the knife in and then doesn't even bother with the twist

saying he has to go because of his relationship with the fans and then briefly mentioning you won't find exciting football at villa park is barely scratching the surface of how bad we are, also no mention of his overall record in England or some stats to really drive it home

IMO it's almost apologetic to his mate mcleish

As for being comfortable that he was going pre Bolton, I wish I felt as sure about that as you. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I have the feeling that if he is gone, then it was all agreed during the week of the Bolton game, most likely after.

But that is if he is gone. I don't think that any of us know, and the surge of optimism on here in the past week is lulling us into the feeling that change is around the corner.

A point against Spurs and things may become a little more clearer-or not!

Â