The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should judge McLeish on next season, not necessarily this one

Give him the summer to shape things and then give him say upto Xmas

If there's no improvement then he goes in January and we start the process all over again

My car has knackered brakes but its MOT is due next January. I might just drive it around till then even though I know its doing no good whatsoever to the car, is probably damaging other aspects and is quite frankly dangerous.

Do you do that? Do you see the analogy?

Your analogy should be;

My car has knackered brakes, so I'm gonna sell two of its wheels, plus remove some of the seating. I'm now going to give it to this guy to drive for a season, I'll give him enough to buy some seats, but thats all for a year. Two months left of the season, and I'm surprised the car is moving better than it did this time last season, with its four wheels and plenty of depth to repair when needed.

Despite having two wheels and knackered brakes, it is pretty safe and moving along at a steady pace surprisingly.

You see?

McLeish has worked on a shoe string budget compared to Houllier and MON, with a much depleted squad, attempting to bring through lots of inexperienced youth all season. Saying this, don't we have a higher points total to the number of games from last season?

See, the good thing was when I sold those bits I was allowed a big chunk of the money to spend. Instead of replacing the bits that needed replacing, I got a bit carried away and brought a spolier.

The car stilll drives shit, but hey, the spoiler looks good.

Stop conveniently only selecting the bits that make this muppet look acceptable, he never was, never is and never will be.

To be fair he had £9 million to spend on replacing Young and Downing that went for £36 million, £3.5 million to spend replacing the keeper which he did quite well, £3 million to fill the Walker/Luke Young void and nothing to replace bought Jenas in to replace Reo Coker, which would seem like a fair replacement if he didn't get an injury that put him out for the season. He also seemed to have his hand forced in a decision between keeping Makoun or not being able to have wages to bring in a midfielder. He would not have been able to bring in Jenas is Makoun didn't go out on loan. Sadly that business didn't work out because of Jenas' season long injury which no one could really have predicted.

(I was going to reply in car parts, but I think your better at that than me :lol: ).

We hear the points why he is not acceptable all the time, even from me often in the past, just thought I'd shed a different perspective.

Just being pragmatic and realistic

Changing manager now would be detrimental

I'm not saying McLeish was the correct selection, far from it

But we are where we are

Keeping McLeish as manager would also be detrimental. The fact that he's here for the long term doesn't make him any less of a shit manager.

Given great signing

Hutton starting to look the part

NZogbia just bedding down now

Jenas can't comment due to injury

That's not a bad record so far

Aye, and the Keane loan was inspired.

Well, Jenas was clearly a terrible signing. Hutton has been labeled by many as the worst right back in our history until the last 2/3 games (though I like his style) and N'Zogbia still has a LOT to do to win me over (hardly a positive 30 games in for someone who cost nigh on £10m).

Given is a top keeper and Keane did his bit, spot on.

P.S. Every time I see your username pop up the opening chords to regular john run through my head, very distracting.

He's here - lets with it and get behind the team. The majority aren't keen on the gaffer....quite frankly neither am I - think the guy is pretty affable but i think he's a shit manager. Sadly, no amount of procrastinating (even 618 pages worth) is going to change things. What are you going to do, post another 618 pages worth?? It aint going to make one blind bit of difference. I've seen some real shite managers in my time (Doctor Jo nearly took down a side that should have won the league the year before) and i dont remember much dissention to him....in fact, he's held in a certain amount of affection amongst the villa faithful. You dont have to give Mcleish your backing.... but you need to get behind the team and not be a bunch of miserable whining bar stewards

He's here - lets with it and get behind the team. The majority aren't keen on the gaffer....quite frankly neither am I - think the guy is pretty affable but i think he's a shit manager. Sadly, no amount of procrastinating (even 618 pages worth) is going to change things. What are you going to do, post another 618 pages worth?? It aint going to make one blind bit of difference. I've seen some real shite managers in my time (Doctor Jo nearly took down a side that should have won the league the year before) and i dont remember much dissention to him....in fact, he's held in a certain amount of affection amongst the villa faithful. You dont have to give Mcleish your backing.... but you need to get behind the team and not be a bunch of miserable whining bar stewards
I've heard this a lot. "Here's here, might as well get behind the team". Since when does moaning about the manager on the internet mean not supporting the team?

Even if McLeish starts winning a few, (which I doubt) we will never be an exciting team to watch under him. I also worry about the development of our youth, never being technical or creative players.

There is no future at our club for him. I would be willing to give the likes of Martinez a season or even 2, but McLeish, i think we have already seen his best, we have the players, always have, he just don't know how to use them, never will.

I've heard this a lot. "Here's here, might as well get behind the team". Since when does moaning about the manager on the internet mean not supporting the team?

I'm inferring more about wasting your breath (or fingers) complaining about it - it's counter productive in the end trust me....

....and say he goes, tomorrow... who do we get? Curbishley? McCarthy? Bruce? because you can forget about the likes of Moyes, Lambert etc

I just dont see where the thread is going - you'd be better served getting behind the badge

I'm inferring more about wasting your breath (or fingers) complaining about it - it's counter productive in the end trust me....

....and say he goes, tomorrow... who do we get? Curbishley? McCarthy? Bruce? because you can forget about the likes of Moyes, Lambert etc

I just dont see where the thread is going - you'd be better served getting behind the badge

How is posting things on the internet counter-productive?

K Mac until the end of the season would be fine. Curbishley actually wouldn't be bad for where we are as a club right now.

Umm, I am behind the badge? Please can you explain how moaning about the manager on the internet equates to not supporting the team?

How is posting things on the internet counter-productive?

K Mac until the end of the season would be fine. Curbishley actually wouldn't be bad for where we are as a club right now.

Umm, I am behind the badge? Please can you explain how moaning about the manager on the internet equates to not supporting the team?

It's a pointless exercise....

as is, pathetic protests outside the Trinity Road

as is the ridiculous chanting at Wigan

as is booing substitutions when the lad that came on scored the winner

We cant change the manager - the chairman/owner wont change the manager - the manager wont leave - the fans wont drive out the manager.

My biggest problem with McLeish isn't his playing style, his media handling, or his buying record.

There is clearly something going on at halftime that is either getting into the heads of the players or he simply is not adjusting or making adjustments. I have never seen a team come out of HT more unprepared than I have with McLeish.

...and Macdonald isnt a manager - we'd go down with Macdonald. He's a nice guy and he's done fantastic with the reserves but he aint a premier league manager as long as i have a hole in my arse

nice guy but isn't a premier league manager. sounds exactly like mcleish :lol:

We cant change the manager - the chairman/owner wont change the manager - the manager wont leave - the fans wont drive out the manager.
Yes, I've heard this about 100 times. However, the fact that McLeish is going nowhere doesn't mean people can't criticise him.

...and Macdonald isnt a manager - we'd go down with Macdonald. He's a nice guy and he's done fantastic with the reserves but he aint a premier league manager as long as i have a hole in my arse
I don't want him in the job permanently, just to see us through until the summer. That said, now that we're safe might as well just wait until the summer to get rid of McLeish anyway.

nice guy but isn't a premier league manager. sounds exactly like mcleish :lol:

Except that McLeish isn't nice ;):P

Â