The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It would be nice to think that if we stuck with McCleish he would come good ala Moyes, Fergie and many other managers who were slow burners but because we instantly use his time at the Scum as a marker for his success and ability then no-one is ever going to give Eck a chance. I'm not saying we should either as i am not really a fan, but i'd prefer to be balanced about it.

I can see you are new to this site. If you intend to be balanced about anything you would be best to ban yourself now. Other than that piece of nonsense, good post. IMO

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your logic in this argument is that doing something once is the same as doing something a few times back to back.

So if you think 1 6th place finish is the same as 3 surely you think scoring lots of goals once is just as good as doing it a few times?

Or do you change your stance depending on what it is you're trying to argue?

Where did I say one 6th place finish is as good as three?

You're always putting words into people's mouths.

:lol: I've seen you in the past post about how what MON did wasn't a great achievement and that even Dol managed it. You clearly argued against this before but now change as your argument has been shown up.

A bit like how you defending everything houllier did and now complain about everything Mcleish does.

At least be consistent.

Your logic in this argument is that doing something once is the same as doing something a few times back to back.

So if you think 1 6th place finish is the same as 3 surely you think scoring lots of goals once is just as good as doing it a few times?

:lol: I've seen you in the past post about how what MON did wasn't a great achievement and that even Dol managed it. You clearly argued against this before but now change as your argument has been shown up.

A bit like how you defended everything houllier did and now complain about everything Mcleish does.

At least be consistent.

Swansea playing some sexy stuff on MOTD at the moment. This could and should have been us. I'd still want us to go for Brendan Rodgers if we could get him. Those banging on about the cost - I can't imagine their team cost much at all. To play that way you only need to be able to pass the ball 10 yards and keep calm. It's a model we should have been replicating seasons ago (and was under Houllier tbf). Instead we are stuck with a deluded dinosaur who thinks we play like Holland :cry:

Good interview after too. Point to note:

"More importantly we have the players to play this way".

I would love Rogers but we should recognise that time would be needed. We wouldnt be Swansea by the start of next season, even with the needed clearout.

Sigurdsson scoring for fun, I wanted us to sign him at the start of the season.

Can everyone just give it a bloody test with the Brendan Rodgers love in

He's just a better manager than McLeish, clearly.

Didn't Rogers completely fail at Reading? Rogers sounds like this week's Lambert because he's managed to win yesterday. Swansea, two games ago were only just above - and had McLeish been able to win games then we would have been above them.

A bit like how you defending everything houllier did and now complain about everything Mcleish does.

At least be consistent.

How has my argument been "shown up"? I've always maintained that while finishing 6th was decent, it was nothing special given that it had been matched or beaten by many Villa managers in the past. I don't know why everyone's getting offended by this. MON isn't Villa manager anymore. Let it go.

I didn't defend everything Houllier did. I actually thought he got many things wrong, I just thought that in the long run he would be good for us. This is just proof that you don't read people's posts properly. I don't know if you do it on purpose but it's really annoying.

As for McLeish, I don't criticise everything he does. I do however feel that he is a very poor manager and certainly not what we need. His record in the past doesn't fill me with hope either. If you honestly believe one can't be pro-Houllier but anti-McLeish then I despair.

Likewise with the McLeish love in ;)

Didn't Rogers completely fail at Reading? Rogers sounds like this week's Lambert because he's managed to win yesterday. Swansea, two games ago were only just above - and had McLeish been able to win games then we would have been above them.

Had McLeish been able to win games there might be a bit more support for him :lol:

He's still a better manager than McLeish, who I rate as comfortably the worst manager in the Premier League. Probably the Championship as well.

Risso, what backs up you saying McLeish is comfortably the worse manager in the Prem and Championship? Or do I sense sarcasm :lol: ? Bar his relegations with Blues, he's had a good career so far.

I doubt Brendan Rodgers would even come to us anyway right now, he has got something good going at Swansea. He said he wouldn't take Chelsea job if offered it as he is "trying to build his career, not destroy it." Saying that though, I wonder how long it would take him to get our players playing like his Swans.

I've always maintained that while finishing 6th was decent, it was nothing special given that it had been matched or beaten by many Villa managers in the past

:lol:

You're just proving my point. You ignore the fact he did it 3 times in a row and say its the same as someone doing it once which like I pointed out with Marcus Stewart as an example is a ridiculous thing to do.

You're comparing 1 6th place finish with another 6th place finish and ignoring that while other managers couldn't repeat it MON did it twice more. So it wasn't beaten or matched by many past managers.

I've always maintained that while finishing 6th was decent, it was nothing special given that it had been matched or beaten by many Villa managers in the past

:lol:

You're just proving my point. You ignore the fact he did it 3 times in a row and say its the same as someone doing it once which like I pointed out with Marcus Stewart as an example is a ridiculous thing to do.

You're comparing 1 6th place finish with another 6th place finish and ignoring that while other managers couldn't repeat it MON did it twice more. So it wasn't beaten or matched by many past managers.

But is finishing 6th three times as opposed to once really that much more of an achievement? Yeah it's good but I don't think it's anything amazing.

Again, I never actually said it was the same as doing it once. Stop putting words into my mouth. You do it virtually every time you post.

Is this the Swansea that lost 4-2 at Blackburn and 3-1 at Norwich ?
What does that prove? They're still having a far better season than us.

Is this the Swansea that lost 4-2 at Blackburn and 3-1 at Norwich ?

To be fair there is no shame in that for a team of players that transfer fees probably don't even add up to a Darren Bent. It's ok to lose a couple like that if you pick up well earned points vs Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and of course, us. In those games, it's not like they've just nicked the points either, they outplay top teams often.

Risso, what backs up you saying McLeish is comfortably the worse manager in the Prem and Championship? Or do I sense sarcasm :lol: ? Bar his relegations with Blues, he's had a good career so far.

His approach to football is just fundamentally flawed. I hate watching his teams, and his Premier League record with us and Blues is dismal given the resources he's had.

Â