The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If complacency was to blame for the Swansea result/performance then that is still down to McLeish, he has been in the game long enough to be able to see that coming and deal with it or at least should have been.

We fluked that win against Fulham in the dying moments, if their keeper could catch it would have been another game without a win.

Although the 3 points were welcome I'm afraid I still hold exactly the same opinion of McLeish and I'm not getting caught in the wave of optimism that seems to be washing over some.

I just don't rate him as a manager and I have little expectations about Tuesday or the remainder of his time in charge however long that might prove to be.

100% this , all day and all night and twice on Sundays

Shocker.

"You know this bowl of shit we're eating daily isn't so bad. Give it time, it's an acquired taste"

*Rocks back and forth in foetal position*

:lol::thumb:

Though I'm more in the "this shit we're eating does mature into a kind of a non-shit type thing. Wait, I think I see it changing" camp.

"You know this bowl of shit we're eating daily isn't so bad. Give it time, it's an acquired taste"

*Rocks back and forth in foetal position*

:lol::thumb:

Though I'm more in the "this shit we're eating does mature into a kind of a non-shit type thing. Wait, I think I see it changing" camp.

Heh. Fair enough. I think at the moment we're like POWs finding different coping strategies to deal with the horror.

What about the 86 minutes of garbage that followed that mistake?

I know. All I'm saying is that early goal altered the whole dynamic of the game

Conceding a second 30 secs into the 2nd half did little to help

The football under McCleish has been downright diabolical for most of the season. At one point this season, I actually stopped watching football altogether. But in the end my love for the club is too big, and I just had to start watching again...

A slightly more positive outcome (resultwise) in the last few games, certainly isn't enough to convince me that he's finally 'turned things around' or whatever crap some people seem to suggest. However, if by some miracle we now manage to beat Bolton and scrape together a few more wins along the way, before the season ends, I will understand if Randy is willing to give him more time. I wouldn't personally, but looking at things from his point of view, it seems like the sensible thing to do really, when considering our apparent financial state.

Having said that, it's not just about 'scraping together a few more wins'. I'd like to think that the manner in which we win or loose will also play some part in deciding if McCleish ultimately stays or goes. Perhaps this is a luxury though, that we as supporters, cannot enforce without it being detrimental to the club. Is it really asking too much, in this modern day and age, that the entertainment value of football, should at least to some extent reflect the hopes and wishes of the fans?

I have to say though, I think the signing of Holman on a bosman is good business, although I do not know anything about his quality. These are probably the type of signings we can look forward to in the coming months and year(s), but it doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to compete. I'd rather we invest whatever little cash we have in youth, and on some shrewd acquisitions from abroad, as opposed to throwing it all on big-money, big-wage, flair signings that might risk the entire financial future of the club. At the end of the day, like so many have pointed out, we already have a decent squad of players, and who knows with a few replacements, a few players clicking together, we just might be able to compete for a top8 finish again next season.

Anyway, back on topic, I blame MON for signing shit players on high wages. Have we had this debate before?
No, I'm pretty sure that's new ground. Do elaborate.

What about the 86 minutes of garbage that followed that mistake?

I know. All I'm saying is that early goal altered the whole dynamic of the game

Conceding a second 30 secs into the 2nd half did little to help

So let me get this right goals change games?? Cheers Any chance you could phone McLeish and inform him of this preferably with us doing the scoring

For those of you advocating giving McLeish time, the reason he doesnt get it is because we have now seen everything he has to offer!

Ok, we get your point, you don't have to repeat it every 10 minutes

Fact is, McLeish IS getting the summer and will start next season as Aston Villa manager.

Deal with it !

Hello Pot, meet kettle. Its your inane meanderings that keep tempting to try and respond.

Doesn't matter how long he is here, he is shit, deal with it.

For those of you advocating giving McLeish time, the reason he doesnt get it is because we have now seen everything he has to offer. It is the same diabololical blueprint that he has inflicted on clubs for the last 7/8 years. If you want to give someone time, give it to someone who has earned it, not someone who has a letter from his ex boss!

At 20 Brendan Rogers quit the game, realising he was not good enough to play at the top level. He did, though, think he could coach there.

“I wanted to make a difference. I went to Spain. I was a big lover of Spanish football and spoke the language. I spent a lot of time at Barcelona, talking and working with coaches, finding out about the model and the philosophy of the club. I’d been to Sevilla, Valencia and Betis.

I also spent time in Holland. It was a sacrifice because I had a young family at the time but I had a real thirst for knowledge. I wanted to be the best I possibly could.”

After coaching in the Reading academy he got his big break in 2004 when Jose Mourinho took him on in his backroom staff at Chelsea.

“I always say that working with Jose was like going to Harvard University,” he said.

While Mourinho’s integrated approach to management was a great influence, Rodgers has his distinctive methods. Pep Guardiola is another who has inspired him and his Swansea team are modelled, in their tactical system, on Barcelona. He even sketches out the tactical system on my notepad.

“My template for everything is organisation. With the ball you have to know the movement patterns, the rotation, the fluidity and positioning of the team. Then there’s our defensive organisation.

"So if it is not going well we have a default mechanism which makes us hard to beat and we can pass our way into the game again. Rest with the ball. Then we’ll build again.

“When we have the football everybody’s a player. The difference with us is that when we have the ball we play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 and a goalkeeper.”

When we have the ball at the moment, everyones a defender!

Interesting. i wasn't aware of that, but now it makes sense when you see how they play. Where did that article come from?

Came from the telegraph mate.

Macandally is too busy to answer. He's in his shed building a little Brendan Rogers shrine

Jeez mate, does your mum know your bunking off again?

Some of us have a life outside this forum, you should try to get one too. :winkold:

Absolutely Trent. I also think Swansea was the worst opponent we could have faced. At the time, they hadn't won a single away game all season but were excellent at home. We had just battered a leading light in their own backyard and perhaps we incorrectly saw Swansea as a soft touch when as we know, they are anything but. Bolton are not as good as Swansea. They will definitely be tough but they won't be that tough, plus we also have the experience of the Swansea loss so complacency is maybe less likely to happen again.

I just haven't yet ruled out this set of players clicking. On paper and on form we are top 8. We don't play on paper and we haven't been on form, but it could still happen. The middle of the field are closer than I can ever remember.

Sorry but on paper our squad is nowhere near a top eight team. We are where we are not by lack of form but due to a lack of quality in our squad.

We'll see next season. Lambert is just a poor man's MON IMO. As for Moyes, better than Mcleish but Everton are dour to watch like us they don't have any real blue-print or set way of playing. 10 years no trophies. I want an innovative manager who's going to try something different and is obtainable. Rodgers fit's the bill for me.

So this is the answer then? Get Rodgers in and we will start playing like Barcelona? Great stuff! Get him in!

But what happens if he doesnt meet your lofty expectations? Get your pitchforks out and start a protest?

Brilliant.

For someone who regularly dismisses other posters Stu, you do have a very black and white view on everything.

As I said, I think we know what McLeish brings and to be honest, most of us are dreading it to some degree.

Rogers has a different outlook on the game and would not doubt need time, as in years to get it right. Somethings are worth waiting for, whereas others no matter how long you wait are unlikely to mature and improve.

Hey, when you've licked up the shit it starts changing to chocolate. Wait! No. It's still shit. Hang on! Yep, chocolate. I'm not sure, but maybe chocolate. Too bad this is the only bowl of food we're going to get. Best keep hoping for chocolate.

Â