The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Andreas' scrambled goal has crushed any lingering hopes that McEck might be sacked.

Alas for this season i think you are right.

However, one day it will most definitely happen and the day it does the dark cloud that is hanging over B6 will suddenly lift.

The sun will start to shine and the life will come back into the club along with many fans who are voting with there feet.

that match proved the potential within the squad to play and the misuse of them in the second half. unforgivable to me to play the second half attempting to contain blackburn who only had pressure because we allowed it. he really needs to be shown the door now

the wannabe football manager complaining in the other thread about the wannabe accountants eh... :P

Do you want to see passion. This is someones facebook status. I want to make it clear this is not my view. He is so angry at what is going on at the club this season.

I think those that STILL say give him a chance are the same people that keep this politically correct rubbish and do-gooders. They are the sort of people that would give a rapist a community order and think the rioters of last year are just youths that are 'really good kids, just bored'. Get a grip, the man has had 28 games to get it right, we are playing the worst football i've ever seen from a V...illa side and is the only manager ever happy to lose 1-0 at home. The bloke is rubbish, tactics are worse. I said when they signed him i won't go back to Villa Park while he's there still and there's absolutely nothing that's even made me think of changing my mind. It's not just his fault, the players have to take some of the blame but Lerner and Faulkner are as bad as him for appointing him when none of us wanted him. FURTHERMORE, if any of the do-gooders try telling me i don't love my club remember this, it hurts me every single week we are playing that i'm not there, scramble frantically through the streams to find our games at home or if i'm on a visit to see my son have people texting me constantly. You people that still say give him a chance are a disgrace to our club, it is you that don't love the club not us. We have so much hatred for him, Lerner and Faulkner because we DO care that the club we love is going down the tube. We're the 1s trying to change it. If you are happy to see shit football and a club run like a circus, head down to B9!!! OK rant over :-D

:shock: :shock: :shock: And I thought cule 4 life was anti Mcleish.

Wow, this guy hates a man who has pumped £200 million of his own money into the club and calls fans who want to give the manager a chance a disgrace. Thank god that we still have a hardcore of 30,000 fans who go to VP because without them and our owner we could be doing a Leeds or Glasgow Rangers.

If you know somebody with a spare £200 million just give Randy a ring. I'm sure he would like to hear from you!

Ah so we have the keywords and phrases, politically correct, do-gooders and rapist all in the first line, stopped reading at that point as the person is clearly a walking tabloid newspaper cliche generator and couldn't possibly think for himself.

Anyone else think that Weimann Goal could be the most damaging thing to happen to Villa in recent times?

I think that accolade will remain with a certain Ulsterman for many years to come.

As will that Ulstermans record of 3 consecutive top 6 finishes, to the obvious discomfort, incredibly, of some. :?

I could be wrong but I get the impression this forum is quieter after a win. I don't know if this says anything about Villa fans or football fans in general.

Nope not at all. It is quiet on here when we don't have a game at the weekend though.

I think it is quieter after a win because most of us who really dislike McTool and can't stand him being at our club don't want to come on here and see a few, what we would view as highly deluded individuals, proclaiming that he is turning things around and giving him credit for scraping a win against Fulham at home despite having a squad that probably costs twice as much as their squad.

The three consecutive top 6 finishes has got to be the most overrated "achievement" in Villa history.

Can you explain why?

I am sure Mantis will give his own reply but for what its worth;

1. Winning the League Title is an achievement which we have done numerous times in our lifetime as a club.

2. Winning the FA Cup is an achievement which we have done numerous times in our lifetime as a club.

3. Wining the League Cup is an achievement which we have done numerous times in our lifetime as a club.

4. Winning the European Cup is an achievement which we have done in our lifetime as a club.

5. Winning the European Super Cup is an achievement which we have done in our lifetime as a club.

Finishing 6th three times on the bounce, whilst not to be scoffed at, is hardly an 'achievement' and puts no trophies in the cabinet.

The three consecutive top 6 finishes has got to be the most overrated "achievement" in Villa history.

Can you explain why?

Well, with the resources he had at his disposable it was nothing special. Getting 6th wasn't really anything new for Villa. In the Premier League era all but one of MON's predecessors either matched or beat his highest finish. Let's not also forget that in 08/09 we should've had 4th or at least 5th locked up.

I'm not saying that consistently finishing that high was easy, I just don't think it was anywhere near as amazing as some on here make out.

Can you explain why?

1. Winning the League Title is an achievement which we have done numerous times in our lifetime as a club.

2. Winning the FA Cup is an achievement which we have done numerous times in our lifetime as a club.

3. Wining the League Cup is an achievement which we have done numerous times in our lifetime as a club.

4. Winning the European Cup is an achievement which we have done in our lifetime as a club.

5. Winning the European Super Cup is an achievement which we have done in our lifetime as a club.

Finishing 6th three times on the bounce, whilst not to be scoffed at, is hardly an 'achievement' and puts no trophies in the cabinet.

Most of those were pre war, especially with regards to the FA Cup and league.

Can you explain why?

Sorry, I didn't realise that you placed a time limit on the word 'achievement'!

It doesn't matter when it was and I think you will find that 9 of those achievements were actually post war.

We won't be recorded in any 'Hall of Fame' for finishing 6th three times on the bounce.

Maybe your definition of 'achievement' and my definition differ.

Can you explain why?

Pre-WW1 for most of them!

Can you explain why?

Pre-WW1 for most of them!

How many do you consider to be most of them pre-WW1 then?

I am trying to work out what exactly MON has to do with the McLeish thread?

Like him or hate him, the club was unified for the most part, we felt like we were going somewhere, we had international class creativity and we played fast paced, counter attacking football. If we ignored the obvious limitations, Villa Park was a fun place to be.

Now, we have a fanbase that is divided, an ownership which has withdrawn from the fans, a CEO who spends his time studying excel spreadsheets and randomly phoning up people he saw on the match of the day for managerial recommendations. The manager is poor and appears to have brought his "take anywhere" managerial blueprint for relegation to the club.

The whole club needs an overhaul, not money, an overhaul. I still back Randy but the end of this season could be the biggest since he took charge of the club. We want that unified feeling back, we want to be entertained, we want a manager who takes responsibility for his errors and who doesn't smart mouth the fans on national television because he just, JUST manages to avoid breaking a defeat record that has stood for god knows how many years.

Most importantly, I want Saturdays back the way they used to be. At the Villa, with my kids, enjoying an entertaining match where we go at it no matter who we are playing.

MON is history, the sooner McLeish is, the better.

The nightmare scenario is McLeish doing just enough to save his job each season, hanging on by his fingernails thanks to spawny injury-time winners, life and death rearguard actions at home to the likes of Wigan and individual bits of class from Ireland or whoever. Still palpably shite to anyone watching the games but doing empirically enough in the eyes of the absentee owner for multiple stays of execution.

I am trying to work out what exactly MON has to do with the McLeish thread?

Like him or hate him, the club was unified for the most part, we felt like we were going somewhere, we had international class creativity and we played fast paced, counter attacking football. If we ignored the obvious limitations, Villa Park was a fun place to be.

Now, we have a fanbase that is divided, an ownership which has withdrawn from the fans, a CEO who spends his time studying excel spreadsheets and randomly phoning up people he saw on the match of the day for managerial recommendations. The manager is poor and appears to have brought his "take anywhere" managerial blueprint for relegation to the club.

The whole club needs an overhaul, not money, an overhaul. I still back Randy but the end of this season could be the biggest since he took charge of the club. We want that unified feeling back, we want to be entertained, we want a manager who takes responsibility for his errors and who doesn't smart mouth the fans on national television because he just, JUST manages to avoid breaking a defeat record that has stood for god knows how many years.

Most importantly, I want Saturdays back the way they used to be. At the Villa, with my kids, enjoying an entertaining match where we go at it no matter who we are playing.

MON is history, the sooner McLeish is, the better.

"We want a manager who takes responsibility for his errors"

You mean 100mill later after being questioned on the useability of the squad and high wages....." I'm off 5 days before kick off.

Look up to now there is no contest....but hey 1 has had 12 months the other 4 years and the one is primarliy playing with the others players.

I'm by no means a McLeish fan but the other one has some questions too.

Â