The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but I get the impression this forum is quieter after a win. I don't know if this says anything about Villa fans or football fans in general.

I could be wrong but I get the impression this forum is quieter after a win. I don't know if this says anything about Villa fans or football fans in general.

Im not quieter, I still hate the bloke as much as I did when he walked through the door :D

Nope not at all. It is quiet on here when we don't have a game at the weekend though.

Nope not at all. It is quiet on here when we don't have a game at the weekend though.

I have to disagree. This isn't limited to McLeish's tenure. Maybe it's that football fans, or dare I say Brummies, like a good moan.

So true. Its not just limited to wether we win or not either.

For example, N'Zog had a good game against Blackburn and there were tumbleweeds blowing aroung in the N'Zogbia thread. You can bet your bottom dollar that had he had a bad game the thread would have been bumped every 20 seconds.

There were recently no posts on this thread for 24 hours. Either you lot are running out of steam or the ginger one is beginning to be accepted. :P

Was it dole day or something?

I have to disagree. This isn't limited to McLeish's tenure. Maybe it's that football fans, or dare I say Brummies, like a good moan.

Disagree all you want, you are entitled to your opinion.

However there have been 41 pages added to this thread since 5.00pm on Saturday which kind of suggests you are wrong.

However there have been 41 pages added to this thread since 5.00pm on Saturday which kind of suggests you are wrong.

I'm not just on about this thread. Stu_the_Villan's post above is also what I'm alluding to. This isn't limited to Villa fans and is a characteristic of the modern football fan and their entitlement issues.

I'm not just on about this thread. Stu_the_Villan's post above is also what I'm alluding to. This isn't limited to Villa fans and is a characteristic of the modern football fan and their entitlement issues.

Your initial post said you could be wrong but you think the site is quieter when we win.

Well it isn't, believe me I notice no difference win lose or draw when moderating it. I know your point wasn't limited to this thread but 41 pages since 5pm on Saturday demonstrates that, just because the same amount of pages haven't been added to all threads doesn't show that the site is quieter it just shows that people are talking about one issue more than another.

This thread by nature covers a lot of things compared to one on a specific player such as N'Zogbia.

Results don't really impact on the number of visitors/posts just what they are talking about.

Anyway none of this really has much to do with McLeish so lets try and get this back on topic.

For me I think the signing of Holman and the other speculation hits it home a little more that he's going to be around for quite some time and as such my interest is plummeting to new lows. I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected from the club.

Do you want to see passion. This is someones facebook status. I want to make it clear this is not my view. He is so angry at what is going on at the club this season.

I think those that STILL say give him a chance are the same people that keep this politically correct rubbish and do-gooders. They are the sort of people that would give a rapist a community order and think the rioters of last year are just youths that are 'really good kids, just bored'. Get a grip, the man has had 28 games to get it right, we are playing the worst football i've ever seen from a V...illa side and is the only manager ever happy to lose 1-0 at home. The bloke is rubbish, tactics are worse. I said when they signed him i won't go back to Villa Park while he's there still and there's absolutely nothing that's even made me think of changing my mind. It's not just his fault, the players have to take some of the blame but Lerner and Faulkner are as bad as him for appointing him when none of us wanted him. FURTHERMORE, if any of the do-gooders try telling me i don't love my club remember this, it hurts me every single week we are playing that i'm not there, scramble frantically through the streams to find our games at home or if i'm on a visit to see my son have people texting me constantly. You people that still say give him a chance are a disgrace to our club, it is you that don't love the club not us. We have so much hatred for him, Lerner and Faulkner because we DO care that the club we love is going down the tube. We're the 1s trying to change it. If you are happy to see shit football and a club run like a circus, head down to B9!!! OK rant over :-D

:shock: :shock: :shock: And I thought cule 4 life was anti Mcleish.

If you think a 1 - 0 win at home to fulham in the ass end of injury time is enough to get the villa fans back on McLeish's side i'd say your very much mistaken its been a poor poor season and considering how inconsistant we are i fully expect us to lose to Bolton or scrape a draw at best

For me I think the signing of Holman and the other speculation hits it home a little more that he's going to be around for quite some time and as such my interest is plummeting to new lows. I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected from the club.
You're probably right, but the situation can always change. If we have to put up with the same shit next season as we have this season (and I think we will) then they might act. They have to. I honestly can't bear the thought of him being here until the summer of 2014. It feels me with complete dread. Even if things do improve we'll still be as boring as we've ever been.

Â