The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

No sorry you are right it was a very good performance, I'm delighted that we scrambled home a goal in the 92nd minute to avoid McLeish being responsible for the joint worse run of home form in our history. It is great that we edged the mighty Fulham by 1% in terms of possession.

McLeish is doing a great job and we are just like United.

Where are you getting your stats from, Trent?

The BBC web site tells a slightly different story.

Fulhamstats.jpg

It's hard to argue that we didn't dominate this game and in the end got a deserved win.

Im pretty sure our last few game stats tell a similar story, negative teams for me don't have 20 attempts on goal. Next people will be saying they were all with 10 men behind the ball!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sorry you are right it was a very good performance, I'm delighted that we scrambled home a goal in the 92nd minute to avoid McLeish being responsible for the joint worse run of home form in our history. It is great that we edged the mighty Fulham by 1% in terms of possession.

McLeish is doing a great job and we are just like United.

Where are you getting your stats from, Trent?

The BBC web site tells a slightly different story.

Fulhamstats.jpg

It seems possesion stats vary from site to site

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/mar/10/aston-villa-v-fulham

It's hard to argue that we didn't dominate this game and in the end got a deserved win.

Im pretty sure our last few game stats tell a similar story, negative teams for me don't have 20 attempts on goal. Next people will be saying they were all with 10 men behind the ball!

I wouldn't mind having Di Matteo or Dan Petrescu as manager. Both young(ish) and hungry.

Going for younger managers seems to be working reasonably well across Europe. Surely it would be worth a go, yet I can see AM being with us for a while I'm afraid...

Have to say, Ive looked at stats closely recently and whilst I think Mcliesh is a cautious manager, I think some of the criticism is unfair. Those stats showed we were well on top against Fulham, which is what I thought watching it.

That said, you have to question the quality of those shots. Petrov had clearly been told to shoot every time he got chance, which isnt negative but is somewhat unrealistic imo.

That said, you have to question the quality of those shots. Petrov had clearly been told to shoot every time he got chance, which isnt negative but is somewhat unrealistic imo.

Agreed. The shooting was largely abysmal. Somehow it reminded me of GT MkII - I remember when he came back he told the players to shoot on sight, with excruciating results.

You guys have insights and factual knowledge on what the manager says in the dressing room. I want access too.

Well Im thinking that if he hadnt told petrov to shoot he would have hauled him off after the 3rd or 4th abysmal effort.

In addition, its well known that Petrov has been told to get more forward to score.

So what, he was told to shoot, our goal came from Gardner shooting. Surely its law of averages that you shoot enough or put in enough crosses something will happen and it did. Petrov has scored a few blockbusters this season so I dont see the problem with it. Better to have a go than looking like we have no clue like against Swansea.

I think Graham Taylor announced his policy of more shots from anywhere on the pitch in the Birmingham Mail, so no dressing room secrets from me!

The point was that his predecessor Gregory (allegedly) trained his players only to shoot when they were within close range of the goal and had a good chance of scoring.

There were recently no posts on this thread for 24 hours. Either you lot are running out of steam or the ginger one is beginning to be accepted. :P
Well after that Fulham win anyone who dares to criticise McLeish is usually shot down so I think people have realised the futility in trying. :P

Not saying there is necessarily a problem. Just that its alright saying we had a load of shots, but if 60/70% of those shots are just hit n hopes from 30 yards (which is what they were), then the quality of the shots are not going to be good enough over a long period of time.

FWIW though, the last few weeks (and indeed the first few weeks of the season) I think the criticism on Mcliesh's tactics has been very harsh on occasions.

There were recently no posts on this thread for 24 hours. Either you lot are running out of steam or the ginger one is beginning to be accepted. :P
Well after that Fulham win anyone who dares to criticise McLeish is usually shot down so I think people have realised the futility in trying. :P

I think Andreas' scrambled goal has crushed any lingering hopes that McEck might be sacked.

Sounds exactly how I expect that AM's tactical brain works. ,Told team is not attacking enough, making enough chances.

Tells players to shoot more.

Not, you know, change game plan, work on attacking drills in training etc..

Or it has all been said, the arguments have all been had and there is a realisation that he is going nowhere anyway regardless as the owner either does not care or does not agree.

Â