The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been ticking over on low morale and not too many encouraging results. Sometimes it only takes one late win, or an inspired introduction into the team, to change a season's fortunes. If we can build on the Fulham win with another against Bolton, especially if Weimann starts and does well again, then who knows. It might be just what we've been waiting for. Eck's team selections are alright. If those players can just click then it might turn around. Note the word 'might'.

People were saying similar after Chelsea and we got beat by Swansea at home so I think 'might' is the right word.

Even things like yesterday's signing for next season will lift the whole place a little and create a buzz

it might have got me excited if i never had to google him. there's been a few good aussie's in the prem just hope he is one.

We've been ticking over on low morale and not too many encouraging results. Sometimes it only takes one late win, or an inspired introduction into the team, to change a season's fortunes. If we can build on the Fulham win with another against Bolton, especially if Weimann starts and does well again, then who knows. It might be just what we've been waiting for. Eck's team selections are alright. If those players can just click then it might turn around. Note the word 'might'.

People were saying similar after Chelsea and we got beat by Swansea at home so I think 'might' is the right word.

And after the wolves game where we then went on to lose or draw the next 6 games.

Absolutely Trent. I also think Swansea was the worst opponent we could have faced. At the time, they hadn't won a single away game all season but were excellent at home. We had just battered a leading light in their own backyard and perhaps we incorrectly saw Swansea as a soft touch when as we know, they are anything but. Bolton are not as good as Swansea. They will definitely be tough but they won't be that tough, plus we also have the experience of the Swansea loss so complacency is maybe less likely to happen again.

I just haven't yet ruled out this set of players clicking. On paper and on form we are top 8. We don't play on paper and we haven't been on form, but it could still happen. The middle of the field are closer than I can ever remember.

Why? If we won the remainder of our games I'm sure we would finish at least 7th, maybe even 6th. That would be great. (It's not going to happen I know)

If we win the league next year with McLeish would people still want him out? That seems ridiculous rational.

I want McLeish gone because I don't think he can achieve anything at our club. If we did suddenly start winning a lot of games though I think we would all have to accept him. (It's not going to happen)

There is hypothetical scenarios and then there is the just downright ridiculous. :winkold:

Absolutely Trent. I also think Swansea was the worst opponent we could have faced. At the time, they hadn't won a single away game all season but were excellent at home. We had just battered a leading light in their own backyard and perhaps we incorrectly saw Swansea as a soft touch when as we know, they are anything but. Bolton are not as good as Swansea. They will definitely be tough but they won't be that tough, plus we also have the experience of the Swansea loss so complacency is maybe less likely to happen again.

If complacency was to blame for the Swansea result/performance then that is still down to McLeish, he has been in the game long enough to be able to see that coming and deal with it or at least should have been.

We fluked that win against Fulham in the dying moments, if their keeper could catch it would have been another game without a win.

Although the 3 points were welcome I'm afraid I still hold exactly the same opinion of McLeish and I'm not getting caught in the wave of optimism that seems to be washing over some.

I just don't rate him as a manager and I have little expectations about Tuesday or the remainder of his time in charge however long that might prove to be.

We fluked that win against Fulham in the dying moments, if their keeper could catch it would have been another game without a win.

And if Albrightons shot had dipped a little more and if Schwarzer had fumbled earlier in the game and if........

We didnt fluke it we went forward and tried to win it at the death just like United have for two decades and like them we also got a reward for a game we were better in than the other team.

We had more possession, more shots, more corners.

What about the 86 minutes of garbage that followed that mistake?

This isn't me defending them btw, because I've already said above that we messed up. However, if a side are particularly fragile from a morale POV, then sometimes something like that can get into their heads. We just need a string of events to go FOR the team. Then maybe we'll go on a run. They say winning is a habit, as is losing*. We just need a new habit.

* Though I'd never heard of drawing being a habit *cough*

No sorry you are right it was a very good performance, I'm delighted that we scrambled home a goal in the 92nd minute to avoid McLeish being responsible for the joint worse run of home form in our history. It is great that we edged the mighty Fulham by 1% in terms of possession.

McLeish is doing a great job and we are just like United.

What about the 86 minutes of garbage that followed that mistake?

This isn't me defending them btw, because I've already said above that we messed up. However, if a side are particularly fragile from a morale POV, then sometimes something like that can get into their heads. We just need a string of events to go FOR the team. Then maybe we'll go on a run. They say winning is a habit, as is losing*. We just need a new habit.

* Though I'd never heard of drawing being a habit *cough*

Hang on mate.

A minute ago you were saying that perhaps we lost to Swansea because we got complacent after winning at Chelsea. Now you are saying that perhaps moral was low and that letting in a goal early destroyed us.

I'm not sure you can really argue both.

I said my previous post wasn't me defending them i.e. isn't my own personal viewpoint and I'm not arguing for it. I was just putting forth an alternative possibility. It is my view that we were complacent. But it could be argued by someone else that a fragile team will let errors get to them.

I said my previous post wasn't me defending them i.e. isn't my own personal viewpoint and I'm not arguing for it. I was just putting forth an alternative possibility. It is my view that we were complacent. But it could be argued by someone else that a fragile team will let errors get to them.

You are Andy Goram I claim my £5 ;)

No sorry you are right it was a very good performance, I'm delighted that we scrambled home a goal in the 92nd minute to avoid McLeish being responsible for the joint worse run of home form in our history. It is great that we edged the mighty Fulham by 1% in terms of percentage.

Were you delighted that Ashley Young latched on to a flick on by Gabby and put it past Howard? Do you think the fans of the any of the traditional big 4 are delighted when any of their 1,000,001 goals in the last few seconds have gone in? A goal is a goal, a win is a win. On top of a fantastic performance against a form team is even better.

What do you mean 1% in terms of percentage? Isn't 1% always a percentage? I think you may be getting a bit wound up bashing the keys.

No sorry you are right it was a very good performance, I'm delighted that we scrambled home a goal in the 92nd minute to avoid McLeish being responsible for the joint worse run of home form in our history. It is great that we edged the mighty Fulham by 1% in terms of percentage.

Why do you have to respond in this manner?

Who said it was a very good performance?

Who said McLeish is doing a great job?

Who said we are just like United?

Who said Fulham are mighty?

You said we were flukey to win, I disagreed, the facts and the performance say otherwise, we deserved to win the game regardless of what minute it was or how it was scored. That is all.

If complacency was to blame for the Swansea result/performance then that is still down to McLeish, he has been in the game long enough to be able to see that coming and deal with it or at least should have been.

Although the 3 points were welcome I'm afraid I still hold exactly the same opinion of McLeish and I'm not getting caught in the wave of optimism that seems to be washing over some.

I just don't rate him as a manager and I have little expectations about Tuesday or the remainder of his time in charge however long that might prove to be.

100% this , all day and all night and twice on Sundays

Â