The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa have won only one of their last 10 matches

They have lost four of their last five home games

Thanks.

I know where to come if the BBC site is down :winkold:

I shant be using the BBC again. They use taxpayers money, yet they cannot use full stops at the end of each sentence.

A much better performance and encouraging to see. Few forced changes and some chosen but overall the team looked a well balanced side. We were playing as a team and we were just a bit unlucky in the end.

There is nothing wrong with sitting back in games, if we pushed up and lost 1-4 would that be better ? It's just a tactical decision that was made, could have gone either way. I am not AM's biggest fan but give the guy a break ffs.

We lost because of 2 individual errors, one I suggest was down to experience and lack of games and the other was pure loss of concentration, when compared to Arsenals mistakes at the back they look quite small actually. There goal proves if anything that mistakes happen, if you are a 2 M player or 15 M player they still mess up. Does the comedy style of their goal reflect directly on the management skills of Wenger ? So Gabby loses a midget in the last 10 mins, not really AM's fault.

There was more to like that dislike last night, crowd, noise, Allbrighton, Zog and Petrov. All good things.

Tin Hat on

Better performance but from forced changes in my opinion, Clarke, Bannon and Allbrighton were great though they need a good run in the team. My worry is that as soon as the players are ready he will revert back to old team.

Hutton was rubbish yet again and him getting sent off was a relief as he will get dropped now, Warnock was not good either with some stupid passes and shit crosses.

Still got to change the manager

A much better performance and encouraging to see. Few forced changes and some chosen but overall the team looked a well balanced side. We were playing as a team and we were just a bit unlucky in the end.

There is nothing wrong with sitting back in games, if we pushed up and lost 1-4 would that be better ? It's just a tactical decision that was made, could have gone either way. I am not AM's biggest fan but give the guy a break ffs.

We lost because of 2 individual errors, one I suggest was down to experience and lack of games and the other was pure loss of concentration, when compared to Arsenals mistakes at the back they look quite small actually. There goal proves if anything that mistakes happen, if you are a 2 M player or 15 M player they still mess up. Does the comedy style of their goal reflect directly on the management skills of Wenger ? So Gabby loses a midget in the last 10 mins, not really AM's fault.

There was more to like that dislike last night, crowd, noise, Allbrighton, Zog and Petrov. All good things.

Tin Hat on

Totally agree mate pretty much everything was good last night and there is no doubt that if we were to continue playing in that way we will go up the table.

McLeish picked the right team and the lads had the right attitude. You cant blame McLeish for Clark tugging someone in the box and no matter how many times you practice defending corners if someone switches off and loses their man theres not a lot that can be done.

Plenty of players put in good performances and that includes Hutton. His face really doesnt fit with VT but he came up against a very good player in Grevinho and kept him quiet, he went forward well and put in a brilliant ball for Ireland who should have done better. What happened at the end is inexcusable though but that doesnt mean the rest of his performance should be ignored or slated.

Some comments on here like Arsenal were wary after the Man City game, well we played Liverpool minutes before. Arsenal had injuries, well so did we. Its a shame that people ignore performances so much I dont think many were complaining as they left the ground last night but of course the keyboard warriors are.

Better performance but from forced changes in my opinion, Clarke, Bannon and Allbrighton were great though they need a good run in the team. My worry is that as soon as the players are ready he will revert back to old team.

Hutton was rubbish yet again and him getting sent off was a relief as he will get dropped now, Warnock was not good either with some stupid passes and shit crosses.

Have to disagree I thought Hutton was excellent last night.

Despite the result some pride was restored with that performance, if we can play like tgat every week we wilk finish top half no question.

Albrighton has been given a run in the team hasn't he? Can't see McLeish dropping him, and Herd has been playing instead of Clark. As for Bannan, he was given a run but lost his place due to drink driving.

If the players perform like that every week McLeish can stay.

He only ended up with this side due to injuries. He has had these players all season and not managed to sort it out. Whe neveryone is fit we will see what sort of a mess he turns it into.

He has been unable to work out a system or a team rthus far - and would he know a decent player if he sat on him?

Be interesting to see how AMC he works Bent back into the team....

Zog and Albighton have been good on the wing in a 4-3-3

Gabby has been quality this season on the left of a 4-3-3

Bent plays up top on his own.

Who gets dropped? Or 4-4-2? wit Petrov and Clarke/Herd CM?

Albrighton has been given a run in the team hasn't he? Can't see McLeish dropping him, and Herd has been playing instead of Clark. As for Bannan, he was given a run but lost his place due to drink driving.

And we will get relegated? Unfortunately, you need performances and results. Last night we got the former, but not the latter.

All last night did was show that those who think the fault is not with the manager but with the squad are wrong. The talent is there, it just needs the right manager to unlock it.

And we will get relegated? Unfortunately, you need performances and results. Last night we got the former, but not the latter.

All last night did was show that those who think the fault is not with the manager but with the squad are wrong. The talent is there, it just needs the right manager to unlock it.

You think if we play like that every week we will get relegated? I disagree but if we did so be it. I enjoyed the game last night as the players tried and that's what I want to see.

I'm not a fan of McLeish, but he ain't going anywhere so I like to look at positives.

So when the players play shit, it's McLeishs fault, but when they do well, it's nothing to do with him? What a load of bollocks.

So when the players play shit, it's McLeishs fault, but when they do well, it's nothing to do with him? What a load of bollocks

They played well because they knew the consequences, the team was like it was due to injuries, it forced McEcks hand otherwise why hasn't this happened in the previous 17 matches?

He only ended up with this side due to injuries. He has had these players all season and not managed to sort it out.

I agree with that. It would have been interesting to see if he brought Collins back in the side over Cuellar for the Stoke game, had Hutton not got himself sent off. He will inevitably bring Collins back for that one then, and switch Cuellar to the right side, which may actually work anyway considering we would need a bit of height to deal with Stoke's set-pieces (probably won't make the blindest bit of difference knowing our record with them this season though).

McLeish needs to realise Albrighton and N'Zogbia as our two first choice wingers as well, now they've both proven themselves in the first team.

So when the players play shit, it's McLeishs fault, but when they do well, it's nothing to do with him? What a load of bollocks

They played well because they knew the consequences, the team was like it was due to injuries, it forced McEcks hand otherwise why hasn't this happened in the previous 17 matches?

Because a lot of the time McLeish got the tactics wrong, also , however last night was good. Plus for it to go well for McLeish, N'Zogbia needed to start well after we lost Young and Downing, last night was his best performance of the season and we looked a better team for it.

Wow you guys really are special aren't you? I now realise that VillaTalk is pretty much where the most negative, half-empty, whining moaners lurk. 36,000 people got right behind the team last night and the team was lifted as a result. Almost every single person coming out of the ground was happy last night, even though we'd just lost from conceding a late goal. Yet you come on here and 10 people with a keyboard have to keep on with the ill-informed, poorly thought-out bile.

Hope Cuellar keeps his places, better than Collins. Clark played well too.

Yep, Carlos was still playing too many hit and hopes, but he wasn't ball-watching like Collins normally does. Assured performance from the man and needs to keep his place and not be sold in January.

we put in what is considered the best performance in ages and yet at the end of it we still lost.

Yet the performances are what people have been asking for. And we lost because of a complete gift from the referee (never a penalty) and a lapse in concentration at the end.

arsenal have the joint worst away defence in the league, they have injuries at both full back position, and yet the only way we are able to score is with a gift from a woeful defender in mertesacker.

We have injuries to our goalkeeper and centre-forward. Our current goalkeeper is relatively unproven. And is that 75-caps German international, Per Mertesacker?

yes we actually looked competent in terms of pressing the opposition, passing and moving, but how much did we actually create? apart from gabbys header very early on i can't remember their keeper having to exert himself. after we scored they were there for the taking but the only team forcing saves was arsenal.

We created absolutely loads. Unless you either didn't watch it or were asleep you'd know that. Don't remember the many crosses coming in from Albrighton, Hutton, N'Zogbia and Warnock where Szczesny had challenge Gabby and Ireland for the ball? The 20 minute period in the 2nd half spent pretty much camped in their box?

Stoke will maul us. I honestly believe we're going to ship AT LEAST 3 set-piece goals there.

With Clark and Cuellar in there we looked a lot better equipped to defend corners. We defended 14 more of them fine. It was a lapse in concentration where someone allowed Benayoun to go free.

I don't recall many people were happy with what happened at the end.

I certainly do. The radio phone-ins afterwards were full of people ringing up to say that while we lost, they were genuinely happy with the performance. Were you sat with the manic-depressives day trip?

could they have stepped up a gear if we had of been in front.... its anyones guess.

No guessing required. If they could have stepped up a gear, they would have. Simple fact is we battered them and they luckily won. Another day we could have been 2 or 3 up on this one, it was that one-sided.

How many times did we actually test Szczesny?

Loads as it happens.

Hardly ever as usual.

er, no.

McLeish was happy at 1-1 and wanted to sit on it possibly hoping for a cheeky goal. Any manager with guts would have made a positive substitution and take off any of our many knackered players to try and win the game but not him. WE WERE THE HOME SIDE PEOPLE.

How could you possibly have any evidence for McLeish being happy at 1-1? All evidence, you know, like actually attacking them and continuing to dominate and looking the most likely to score, points to the contrary. Our best 11 players were on the pitch and were taking Arsenal to the cleaners, in what universe would it have been a good idea to take any of them off?

Yeah I saw AM telling everyone to move back. What the **** was he thinking? He reverted back to his old ways where he was desperate of keeping the 1-1 instead of going for the 2-1 and what do you know it ends 1-2 instead.

Ah, I can see you're one of these people who moan when we keep possession and go backwards rather than 'get it forward!'. Let me tell you about Football. You have to defend and attack. Unfortunately, you can't just put all 11 people in front of the opposition goal and hope the other team don't go and run the ball down the other end. I think you would have been a good tactician in the 19th century though.

Â