The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's deluded if he thinks he can win us over. 4 home game defeats out of 5. 4 wins out of 17. **** you.

Shocking attitude. Of course he can win us over. It's not deluded at all. I hope he wins me over because if he has won me over then it's very likely we are winning football matches and playing better.

I can't see it mind but it'd be stupid to say he can't win us over.

What I mean is there's nothing to suggest he can win us over. What exactly has he done worthwhile to even bring it up? Just because the crowd applauded good football in the Arsenal game (we still lost btw) shouldn't bring his delusions that'll he win us over some day. It won't last long if we remain at the bottom half of the table for the entire season.

I dunno really - just a hunch. He seems a decent bloke I get the feeling that he WANTS to do well for us. He's frustrated at the moment because we are **** up simple things - I think the reason for the decline is the player quality rather than Mcleish. Obviously he picks the team etc but, ultimately, we don't really have a lot of choice?

We'll see, but... Just a feeling in my waters.

I dunno really - just a hunch. He seems a decent bloke I get the feeling that he WANTS to do well for us. He's frustrated at the moment because we are **** up simple things - I think the reason for the decline is the player quality rather than Mcleish. Obviously he picks the team etc but, ultimately, we don't really have a lot of choice?

We'll see, but... Just a feeling in my waters.

Of course he wants to do well. What manager doesn't? If he doesn't do well he knows eventually he's going to be out of a job.

Our squad isn't as good as it once was, but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort we've shown in many games under him. Couple of that with the bizarre tactics I think it's clear to see that a lot of what we are complaining about is his fault.

What makes you think that? He's got a track record of failure.

he has failed at one club and a club were he finished 9th and were sort of expecting to go down

Oh wow, he finished 9th. Big deal. We are not SHA. Our aim is not merely to survive each season.

"sort of expecting to go down"? If I remember rightly SHA weren't even in the relegation zone when he took over that season. As for last season, they really should not have gone down.

I'm not deluded. I don't think every world class manager out there would jump at the chance to manage us. I accept that we've not been up there with the best for quite some time. However, Alex McLeish is not the manager for us. He's out of his depth. Simply put, we're too big for him. We may not be in the hunt for the league or even Champions League qualification but at the same time we're after more than survival. Unfortunately McLeish cannot even guarantee that.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget he finished 3rd in the SPL with Rangers.

Oh wow, he finished 9th. Big deal. We are not SHA. Our aim is not merely to survive each season.

I dont know mate finishing 9th with them is fairly impressive

This is the bit that bothered me when he joined not the relegations, finishing 3rd in Scotland with Rangers is indefensible

I dont know mate finishing 9th with them is fairly impressive

This is the bit that bothered me when he joined not the relegations, finishing 3rd in Scotland with Rangers is indefensible

But then he got them relegated the next season. They should not have gone down. They were mid-table only months before the end of the season. They went down with a whimper, just like we have in many games this season.

Indeed. But again, I think it was down to the quality of player that he had at his disposal. I think be brought a lot of crap. Could it have been down to the funds he had available? Did be have a lot of say in who came in even? This window coming up is an important one, because it will show whether or not he has what it takes to actually stengthen the team having had a few months to identify our weak areas. From then, will we know whether he is the right man or not.

I'm expecting us to lose the next two games unfortunately. Iv prepared for that. Anything other than two defeats will be a nice surprise. I want McLeish to have January and February though.

They went down when they won the League cup. We have had that before as well, but luckily when we were winning things of that sort it came later in the season, so the deflation was not quite as bad and we did not sink into the second tier.....

As for AM, the club is certainly a step up for him, I often observe the players tiring towards the end. This used to be one of our strengths, and a lot of points lost due to dodgy defending at corners or free kicks. Maybe revue of the training methods in preperation for games needed.

Bet there were some Loud words on many a Monday morning this season

Indeed. But again, I think it was down to the quality of player that he had at his disposal. I think be brought a lot of crap. Could it have been down to the funds he had available? Did be have a lot of say in who came in even? This window coming up is an important one, because it will show whether or not he has what it takes to actually stengthen the team having had a few months to identify our weak areas. From then, will we know whether he is the right man or not.

I'm expecting us to lose the next two games unfortunately. Iv prepared for that. Anything other than two defeats will be a nice surprise. I want AMC to have January and February though.

These all seem like excuses to me. McLeish somehow managed to get SHA 9th in 2010. No way should they have been relegated in 2011. They went down not because of their squad but because of their lack of desire and fight. We were often criticised as lacking fight under Houllier (which was true sometimes) and I foolishly believed McLeish would at least offer that. However, he hasn't. As far as motivation goes he seems to be worse than Houllier. Unfortunately we rarely ever attack teams either, and our defence is as useless as ever. So far in his Aston Villa career McLeish hasn't really got much right. As I said, he's got all of Houllier's negatives but none of his positives.

I'm expecting us to lose the next two games unfortunately. Iv prepared for that. Anything other than two defeats will be a nice surprise. I want AMC to have January and February though.

These all seem like excuses to me. McLeish somehow managed to get SHA 9th in 2010. No way should they have been relegated in 2011. They went down not because of their squad but because of their lack of desire and fight. We were often criticised as lacking fight under Houllier (which was true sometimes) and I foolishly believed McLeish would at least offer that. However, he hasn't. As far as motivation goes he seems to be worse than Houllier. Unfortunately we rarely ever attack teams either, and our defence is as useless as ever. So far in his Aston Villa career McLeish hasn't really got much right. As I said, he's got all of Houllier's negatives but none of his positives.

Didnt something similar happen to Tottenham though? The only difference being, they didn't get relegated? I put that down to the quality that Spurs had to get them out of their rut. We have better players than SHA had last season and id say this is a fairly poor squad that we currently have compared to what we would/could have had 3 seasons ago. (just thinking about it now- Milner,Young,Downing,Barry - so,so nearly) The squad clearly needs improving as there are some very obvious weak links in the normal starting 11. McLeish changed that on Wednesday and we saw a fairly good display. If we get that team going for a few games we could get some results with maybe the addition of 1 or 2 players to help us out.

I know it's not impressive he got SHA relegated - Twice... But again I put it down to the players he had.

Here's to hoping he buys (or as he likes to say, 'trades') well.

Â