The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The reason why SHA finished 9th under him was because of Joe Hart. He must have saved at least 10 points for them. He really is one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League and that's why Man City made him number 1 when they got him back from loan.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dreading who he'll bring in in January.

This!

The names so far linked have been less than good enough, either untried players (if we were doing well this might be seen as good) or over the hill has been's. That said I don't blame this freak for this just the bad management of Lerner and Faulkner for bringing Villa to this point.

I do blame McFuckoffnow for the dire football and I have no doubt that Heskey will be straight back in the midfield falling over etc such is this prat's knowledge of football.

I loath him with a passion!

Oh Merry Christmas to all but him, lol

I dunno really - just a hunch. He seems a decent bloke I get the feeling that he WANTS to do well for us. He's frustrated at the moment because we are **** up simple things - I think the reason for the decline is the player quality rather than Mcleish. Obviously he picks the team etc but, ultimately, we don't really have a lot of choice?

We'll see, but... Just a feeling in my waters.

Of course he wants to do well. What manager doesn't? If he doesn't do well he knows eventually he's going to be out of a job.

Our squad isn't as good as it once was, but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort we've shown in many games under him. Couple of that with the bizarre tactics I think it's clear to see that a lot of what we are complaining about is his fault.

Exactly. I am getting really fed up with this "he seems to be a nice bloke" line that keeps getting trotted out. I think I am a nice bloke but I know that doesn't justify a salary of £2 million plus and being manager of this great club.

And whilst I accept that our squad is slightly down on quality with the loss of DJ and Ash it should still be better, or at least as good, as the 13 of the other squads yet we do not seem as competitive as Stoke or Newcastle etc..

We have enough talent/ability plus good kids coming through to stake a serious claim for the best of the rest outside the top 6 and I just don't see that happening with Eck's anti-football, negativity, lack of charisma, inability to get the best out of his players or to compile a balanced squad and apply the correct tactics.

In short, he is a disaster and the sooner RL realises that the better chance we have of getting our club sorted again.

agree with the above, he might be 'an ok guy' but his managerial skills arent very good, championship manager at best

unfortunately RL probably didnt see this at the time, maybe he is now?

i wonder how this team we have here would do under a different manager?

nevertheless, hes here now, lets hope he doesnt make any more mistakes

the man is admiring stoke this afternoon.

"But Stoke also play good football. They play to their strengths. They do it well and Tony Pulis and Stoke are a great example of stability at a club and building it over a period of time."

these sort of words make me feel particularly uncomfortable

true. i think you have to wonder where the line is. we could be playing like stoke and be in 8th position, but if it is so ugly to watch, what's the point? was it stoke or someone else in their first year in this league where they grabbed a goal early on and time wasted for 80 minutes? i don't think i could watch that even if we were pushing the top four.

what is even worse is that our players strengths are to not play backs against the wall, ugly shite, yet that's how we're playing at the moment.

I'm watching Chelsea play at the moment and they look awful. But what's the betting that we won't get anything from that game despite the fact we have a reputation of giving Chelsea a good game at Stamford Bridge during the christmas holidays as well?

We'll no doubt lose under this prick. He's just incapable of getting a result against the top 6 with us. Why is he still here?

true. i think you have to wonder where the line is. we could be playing like stoke and be in 8th position, but if it is so ugly to watch, what's the point? was it stoke or someone else in their first year in this league where they grabbed a goal early on and time wasted for 80 minutes? i don't think i could watch that even if we were pushing the top four.

what is even worse is that our players strengths are to not play backs against the wall, ugly shite, yet that's how we're playing at the moment.

What's sad is that we're playing worse football than Stoke and are currently 12th and falling.

I'm watching Chelsea play at the moment and they look awful. But what's the betting that we won't get anything from that game despite the fact we have a reputation of giving Chelsea a good game at Stamford Bridge during the christmas holidays as well?

We'll no doubt lose under this prick. He's just incapable of getting a win against the top 6 with us. Why is he still here?

Top 6 side away = submission. You can count on it.

The reason why SHA finished 9th under him was because of Joe Hart. He must have saved at least 10 points for them. He really is one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League and that's why Man City made him number 1 when they got him back from loan.

with them "10" points he still would have finished a respectable 13th for sha which is some achievement

The bleeding annoying thing is that McLeish always had a knack of getting results off the big teams at home at least last season at SHA.

They beat Arsenal in the cup of course (and actually played very well in that game) drew twice with Man. City, drew with Man. United at home, beat Chelsea and drew with Liverpool and Spurs.

That's what is hacking me off with McLeish, I expected the football to be dull but I also expected him to bring with him some of the skills he had at SHA, defensive solidness, improved home record, great spirit.

I'm pretty sure SHA scored quite a few last minute winners under him and of course he comes here and the opposite happens!

I'm pretty sure SHA scored quite a few last minute winners under him and of course he comes here and the opposite happens!

maybe our players dont have the mentality for it as this has been ongoing for a while

The bleeding annoying thing is that McLeish always had a knack of getting results off the big teams at home at least last season at SHA.

this is part annoying me. he even went to Anfield a few years ago and nearly won until dodgy referee decision and all games for sha against big teams were always close. Again this could be our players not understanding tactics

This is the bit that bothered me when he joined not the relegations, finishing 3rd in Scotland with Rangers is indefensible

but he also finished 2nd with Motherwell which is never mentioned

why am i not surprised that you are sticking up for this clown? no other poster on this forum has this POV

Zatman, are you really defending a man who has 2 Premier League relegations?

Defend this. If our squad is superior than SHA's (you said even 13th would be a remarkable achievement for them), then why is he doing just as bad with us with the same amount of games played too? Oh wait, you're blaming the players for not understanding his relegation tactics. Interesting indeed.

The football on display is awful

The defence is still woeful

He keeps on using Heskey and then plays him in midfield

Doesn't drop players if they are on terrible form

Keeps on playing Hutton

These are just a few problems that I have with McLeish.. not to mention we only have only collected 8 points from 30 and have only won once (against Norwich) in the past 8 games.

He isn't good enough, shouldn't be given any money to spend on more rubbish like Hutton and should leave asap.

Â