The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But even if Collins does put in a "world class" performance, does it really warrant him starting against a team like Swansea?

I don't see why not. Collins can be a top defender but just hasn't shown it this season. He probably knows it as well as we do. But if he has a solid game, that'll give him confidence which we are clearly struggling with.

Players who played well against Arsenal should be first on the team sheet, that being Dunne, Cuellar, Petrov, Ireland, and Albrighton. I'd also drop N'Zogbia, but Gabby on the wing and play Bent up top, and make sure we don't hoof up to him.

If we do that, hopefully those players with confidence after Arsenal will pull the whole performance together.

N'Zogbia played well against Arsenal (as well as Liverpool and Bolton) so why do you think he should be dropped? I think Ireland is injured. I'm not sure about Herd, but if he can make it he should be Left Back with Petrov and Clark in the centre, and Bent & Gabby up front. A formation like this worked well against Bolton away and it could work against Stoke. Better than 4-5-1 where the striker is isolated throughout.

Dont think Herd will be fit and I dont think Clark would be physically strong enough as a CB v's Stoke. Delph has done little of note in that midfield role whereas Clark, penalty aside, played well. With Collins at CB, Cuellar at RB and Clark in midfield there would be a lot of height which will only be a help against Stoke.

But as Mantis says I hope to see Cuellar back in the middle against Chelsea and Swansea.

I don't think N'Zogbia played that well really. He started brightly but then faded out of the game apart from maybe two moments in the second half. For the majority of the time he looked relatively uninterested, and once Coqquququququqelin (pretty sure that's how it's spelt) got into the game he dealt with N'Zogbia effectively.

I think we'll be much more dangerous having Albrighton on the right, Gabby on the left and either Ireland or Bannan behind Bent. Personally that is our strongest attacking lineup.

He shouldn't play Collins but he will unfortunately.

I'd keep Carlos at CB and put Herd in at RB if he's fit. Or play Clark CB, Carlos RB and bring in dare I say Delph to pair with Stan.

Isn't it odd that Herd played at RB and was brilliant, even getting MotM last time he was used there and yet he was dropped instantly for Hutton. So bizarre.

Any news on Ireland's injury?

Clark at centre half would get bullied out the game, and I daresay Delph would in midfield as well.

For the majority of the time he looked relatively uninterested.

Amazing how people see things differently, I thought he looked the complete opposite. Always looking for the ball and when he lost it tracked back and looked pissed off when he had made a mistake.

Amazing how people see things differently, I thought he looked the complete opposite. Always looking for the ball and when he lost it tracked back and looked pissed off when he had made a mistake.

It is amazing. It might be because I think he looks pretty uninterested in nearly every game I've seen him in this season.

But even so, I still don't see room for him in our starting lineup. Gabby has proven this season how dangerous he is on the left, and Albrighton is starting to show some decent form again. They for me are our two best wide options.

It is amazing. It might be because I think he looks pretty uninterested in nearly every game I've seen him in this season.

But even so, I still don't see room for him in our starting lineup. Gabby has proven this season how dangerous he is on the left, and Albrighton is starting to show some decent form again. They for me are our two best wide options.

You sure your not watching West Ham by mistake? ;-)

The midfield options are pretty lousy but that's what happens when you don't choose wisely in the transfer window.

Jenas, a player who is known for being an average and injury prone player, hasn't had a spell at the Premier League for a good while now, but still took an interest by AM. He hardly made an impact and is now injured for the rest of the season where we have to pay his wages. We can't even call back Makoun either who admittedly wouldn't be good against Stoke but he's better than Delph at least.

But I don't fully blame AM for the midfield situation. It's more of the board's fault for swapping Milner for Ireland without a manager who has made hardly any contribution, sold Young/Downing without seeing the full money and they allowed NRC to walk away without any replacements who brings steel to the midfield area. Also the Bannan incident was another one where he can't be blamed.

He must be really **** thick, he will never get our support.

Don't anyone say "what if we win blah blah blah" it wont happen, he fluked a cup win with the noses and then relegated them!

Just get out now, we've had more than enough of this shite you serve up and call entertainment.

“That is much more the way I like to see my teams playing."

Sounds like a disappointing managerial career so far then...

4 shots on target in 90 mins, schoolboy defending and a stupid red card??

cracking stuff Alex :clap:

Â