The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

At least he give it a go last night. Hopefully the penny has dropped, and he's realised that doing **** all and losing won't him many fans.

Not looking forward to Stoke, with our record from set-pieces.

If he loses that the pressure will really be on, as we'll be slipping down the table at an alarming rate with the teams below us picking up points.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll probably lose both games against Stoke and Chelsea, but as long as we play the same way as we did against Arsenal, and keep improving our defending at set pieces we'll be fine second half of the season.

No one can look at the Arsenal game and say it wasn't a massive improvement. That's probably the best we've played this season, and we definitely deserved at least a point from it. It was only Gabby's poor marking at the corner that cost us. Up til then their defending had been solid.

However, I worry that when Heskey is fit we'll go back to route one football. If that's the case then it's going to be excruciating second half of the season.

We'll probably lose both games against Stoke and Chelsea, but as long as we play the same way as we did against Arsenal, and keep improving our defending at set pieces we'll be fine second half of the season.

No one can look at the Arsenal game and say it wasn't a massive improvement. That's probably the best we've played this season, and we definitely deserved at least a point from it. It was only Gabby's poor marking at the corner that cost us. Up til then their defending had been solid.

However, I worry that when Heskey is fit we'll go back to route one football. If that's the case then it's going to be excruciating second half of the season.

To be honest, as much as I enjoyed seeing us actually play, all I was wondering was it this because of McLeish or in spite of.

Personally, still think he should take the long walk off a short plank.

Quote of the week:

"Dont waste energy on the referee, dont waste energy fighting opponents. Save it for the game and defending the ball"

Talk about ingrained in a mindset.

Also, as feared:

"We have got Carlos who can play the full back position while James Collins can come back in so thats the way we are going to go"

There we go, didnt learn a bloody thing. We are going to counter Stoke hoof for hoof. :-(

Quote of the week:

"Dont waste energy on the referee, dont waste energy fighting opponents. Save it for the game and defending the ball"

Talk about ingrained in a mindset.

Also, as feared:

"We have got Carlos who can play the full back position while James Collins can come back in so thats the way we are going to go"

There we go, didnt learn a bloody thing. We are going to counter Stoke hoof for hoof. :-(

That's only because Hutton is suspended. I don't think it's ideal for McLeish not having an experienced right back for the game. Also having three centre backs will help tackle the long balls and long throws Stoke will throw our way all game.

What we'll have to see is the way that we approach the game. I'm hopeful that we'll play some nice football like we did against Arsenal, and try and feed the wingers so that much more of those crosses against Arsenal actually hit Bent and not the keeper.

But we'll have to see. I'm just not going to pre-judge what he'll do.

Collins is the logical option to bring in at Stoke. He actually has his better games against teams like this who are more aerial and don't have a nippy striker to drag him out of position.
I agree. However, Collins better be dropped for the Chelsea and Swnasea games, particularly the latter.

Collins is the logical option to bring in at Stoke. He actually has his better games against teams like this who are more aerial and don't have a nippy striker to drag him out of position.
I agree. However, Collins better be dropped for the Chelsea and Swnasea games, particularly the latter.

What if he's world class against Stoke?

What if he's his usual oafish self?

On McLeish, he's joint second favourite for the sack on SkyBet. Not that it means anything, but it is interesting to note that he's the third newest manager in the league in terms of time spent in the job yet is already one of the favoruties for the axe. Just shows really what a stupid appointment it was and how it was always very likely to end this way.

What if he's his usual oafish self?

Then of course drop him. But you're making the assumption that he will be three days before the game is even played.

It's the making of assumptions like those that create negative atmosphere at games. People turn up expecting us to lose, expecting us to be terrible.

I'd much rather judge McLeish and the team on what they did in their last game, rather than guessing what will happen in the next game.

He shouldn't play Collins but he will unfortunately.

I'd keep Carlos at CB and put Herd in at RB if he's fit. Or play Clark CB, Carlos RB and bring in dare I say Delph to pair with Stan.

Isn't it odd that Herd played at RB and was brilliant, even getting MotM last time he was used there and yet he was dropped instantly for Hutton. So bizarre.

Any news on Ireland's injury?

But even if Collins does put in a "world class" performance, does it really warrant him starting against a team like Swansea?

I don't see why not. Collins can be a top defender but just hasn't shown it this season. He probably knows it as well as we do. But if he has a solid game, that'll give him confidence which we are clearly struggling with.

Players who played well against Arsenal should be first on the team sheet, that being Dunne, Cuellar, Petrov, Ireland, and Albrighton. I'd also drop N'Zogbia, but Gabby on the wing and play Bent up top, and make sure we don't hoof up to him.

If we do that, hopefully those players with confidence after Arsenal will pull the whole performance together.

Â