The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

statement sounds good to me, sounds like they realise it was a mistake.

summed up by this i saw on twitter... "the end of an error"

i think a lot of us (me included) gave him time but he got worse not better, he failed to buidl on the (few) promising performances and in the end we were really shocking to watch. totally 100% right decision to get shot now and get someone in who will be able to get the youngsters playing well and get us playing decent passing footy, which they've grown up doing with Sid and KMac.

UTV.

This echos my feelings exactly.

Gave him a chance, he didn't cut the mustard.

Let's move onwards and upwards with someone who can get us playing football again!

Martinez

Lambert

Rodgers

I don't mind, as long as it's not someone negative (which I doubt Randy will subject us to, after this year, and his statement!)

And breaaaaaaaaaaathe, ahhh that feels good.

Lambert, Martinez, Favre, Rodgers its all good. Just want to see positive football, the last game of the season sums him up completely, a nothing game and yet there are still 6/7 defenders on the pitch along with Heskey.

General Krulak - "When we looked at the entire season…at the play of the lads at the end…the decision was easy"

Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I'm **** over the moon.

Horrible manager, and despite what the media say not a likable guy either. He's a word removed and I'm glad we can put this depressing part of history behind us. UTV!

Well, praise be for that. :D

Well done Mr Lerner for finally seeing the error of your ways.

I do wish, though, the club would stop putting out statements that look as if they've been composed by David Brent.

I feel a bit sorry for McLeish - he was always out of his depth and should never have been appointed. He didn't get much support from the Board either in all truth.

That and the disaster of the appointment the season before doesn't fill me with too much confidence about the next one. But if the Lambert rumours are true, maybe they have got some proper advice at last.

Really cross that I ate something a bit dodgy last night that upset my stomach and I won't be able to have any alcohol today to celebrate. :angry:

Best. News. Ever.

Should never have been given the job in the first place. Thankfully RL has grown a pair and got rid of the idiot.

Now to bring in someone with a good football philosophy and start to re-build this once proud club.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

UTV :cheers:

I don't think those of us singing 'sacked in the morning' thought he would actually be sacked in the morning. Goodness me. **** brilliant news.

"Contract terminated"? Not much mutual about that.

Agreed. Adds credence to the journo (Father Abraham?) on twitter who mentioned about the 40 points threshold for compensation. The word "terminated" suggests to me that AMcL was deemed to be incompetent and dismissed without a pay-off.

Don't you know? Randy planned this all along Gazton!!

He knew that McLeish would keep us up by the skin of our teeth, he would oversee some costcutting, become the scapegoat, then we can get rid of him for £1.50 and a voucher for a hot chocolate at his local Maccys!

Oh Randy you mastermind badboy genius!!!

I am surprised but delighted that Randy has said what he has. I like the bit about how the football & results have not been up to scratch & do not match our shared expectation for the club etc.. This firmly says to me that Randy is in complete agreement that the style of football & results were not acceptable to Aston Villa fc..

That is what i wanted to hear a unifying statement between club & fans.! :D

I really thought that he would stay due to some sort of agreement having been put in place because the board knew it would be a rough season & therefore would back him regardless for another season at least. Well that's what i feared.

I am delighted that this was not the case & my faith in the Board has been restored to some extent....Now they just need to get the next appointment right, release the financial stranglehold a touch to allow the new Manager to repair some of the damage that has been done to the squad over the last couple of seasons & we can start to dream again :D

Â