The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Thing is, I wouldn't even be lying if I called up and did that. As soon as McLeish goes I'm buying a season ticket.

Likewise, the moment he's gone I'll buy one.

Can't we just start a thread and hope for honesty and for everyone who hasn't renewed or will not buy one to post one reply with their seat number and location.

If nothing else I'd be interested to see how many of us there are.....

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see him staying folks.

Look it at logically folks.

Well there was no logic in his appointment, so I'm not sure we can apply it to his leaving!

Someone just posted this on H&V

Can we fuel the fire on these rumours that he is indeed going, and inundate the club tomorrow with season ticket enquiries on the basis that he's going only to withdraw our interest when they can't confirm it.This could then filter back to Lerner and tip him over the edge and make him pull the trigger!

Brilliant idea! :)

that is a brilliant idea, could be just the ticket!

I'm shocked at how simple and yet effective this could be

Agreed, simple and so effective. You just know that they all have a a drop down box as the why a customer will not renew a season ticket, valuable information to any company.

Modify the title of this thread with the phone number and open another thread where we can make notes of how each conversation went ?

Thing is, I wouldn't even be lying if I called up and did that. As soon as McLeish goes I'm buying a season ticket.

Likewise, the moment he's gone I'll buy one.

Can't we just start a thread and hope for honesty and for everyone who hasn't renewed or will not buy one to post one reply with their seat number and location.

If nothing else I'd be interested to see how many of us there are.....

Same for me 2x and I think the mate I go with will probably do the same 2x

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McLeish came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

Attack with what exactly?

Before Keane was signed in January neither of our wingers was playing to form so no supply to Bent.

Very little creativity in midfield until Ireland started to find some form and when he did, then Bent got a bad injury.

However when Keane arrived in January we had more of an attacking threat through the middle but when Keane left that attacking threat went with him.

You also have to factor in Gabby's injury, his subsequent loss of form and please tell me how then could McLeish set us up as an attacking team?

He simply couldn't so he made us hard to beat to try and get enough points to keep us safe.

You are looking at the symptoms but ignoring the underlying disease.

NZogbia came to us on a high having almost single handedly keeping Wigan up.

Albrighton should have made this his break through season.

Ireland in and out of the team due to "illness" and "injury"

Gabby being played as a winger even though McLeish said he wouldnt

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the premier league

All of those were down to bad luck and Downing/Young going.

Come off it.

New club and loss of form concerning N'Zogbia. It does happen you know.

Blaming the manager for Albrighton not breaking through this season is unfair. Albrighton isn't good enough and has shown that consistently this season.

Gabby was played on the wing due to a lack of form from our wide men.

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the Premiership due to a complete lack of service from our wide men (see above) and of course the loss of our quality wingers Downing and Young.

Anything else?

Yes, one or two of those in isolation and you can say "these things happen", for them all to happen at once indicates your manager doesnt know what he is doing. Something born out by his results over the course of the season.

I respect you trying to find daisies in the shitpile, but not convinced by your arguments.

'Daisies in the shitpile' eh. Thats a new one on me :lol:

No worries mate about our debate. We all want him gone. I just don't think he is to blame for everything that has happened this season and i also think he has been given a poisoned chalice.

Amen to that brother! :-)

I think I have written elsewhere on here that a root and branch change is needed at the club so no arguments there. If we are to get the best out of the young players coming through and build something for the future we need to completely restructure the playing staff. All that said, McLeish has underperformed at every juncture of this season and his excuses are getting tiresome.

poor, poor manager and that is what matters.

Take it or leave it:-

My source at VP says that its unlikley he will be at VP next season. (Mcleish that is)

Just out of interest, what has your source got right so far?

Holman deal is off?

Randy has appointed a merchant bank to find a buyer?

Taylor and Platt joining Villa in the summer with McLeish still in charge?

Can you name on thing that has happened so far that your source has got right?

Not having a go or anything but I'm just wondering on the success rate of your sources info.

We've been ridiculously negative under McLeish. This is what I'm referring to.

I agree. But if you argued we were positive much under Houllier I'd question that as well, to be honest.

I'm not in the business of making excuses for McLeish but comparing his shiteness to that of GED is unfair

McLeish did not have DJ & Ash and he's had horrendous injuries

GED was shite with a much better team

McLeish is so much worse than Houllier. You can't even deny this.

Houllier had a plan - but was unable to stamp his authority on the dressing room - so it was never going anywhere.

Mcleish - didn't have a such a good plan as Houllier - but was able to implement it.

Both should never have been appointed. Predictable disasters.

How was Houllier a "predictable disaster". Ok it didn't work out (although we still finished 9th) but it certainly wasn't predictable. Houllier has a pretty good managerial record. McLeish however certainly was predictable. Everyone saw it coming.

Houllier recognised a dressing room that was run by egos and which was used to ONeills "part time" training regime. He implemented a proper program of training and fitness which upset those who were used to the original regime.

He also decided he was going to clean out the disruptive elements and bring in players that complimented the style of football he was going to employ (Warnock made an example of, Cabaye coming in).

Unfortunately, and I genuinely believe this, his health problems impacted on his plans and I believe that Faulkner/Randy lost their appetite for the level of changes needed. They backed out and brought in another "kick and rush" manager in McLeish with a remit to bring harmony back to the changing room.

I still maintain that an overhaul of the playing and coaching staff to some degree is needed. For that to happen, there will be some angst, you cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. What is needed is a manager that unites the fans and board enough to buy patience during that period of change.

Guest av1
This Agent_ITK guy on twitter has just put ' Aston Villa are managerless '

Anyone know if its a bullshit account or is it reliable?

We've been manager less all season in reality

short and sweet, nail on head.

The simple fact is, though we are safe, we head into the final game of the season not 'mathematically safe'

Not good enough for Aston Villa Football Club.

Take it or leave it:-

My source at VP says that its unlikley he will be at VP next season. (Mcleish that is)

Just out of interest, what has your source got right so far?

Holman deal is off?

Randy has appointed a merchant bank to find a buyer?

Taylor and Platt joining Villa in the summer with McLeish still in charge?

Can you name on thing that has happened so far that your source has got right?

SWP set to join the club?

The fact Mcleish thinks the like of Henry, Guthrie and O'Hara would improve this squad is reason enough to sack him. He loves the term 'dynamic' when describing the type of modfielder him wants. What he really should saying is hard working thug. There's no room at Villa for players like this. We already have Herd and Clark who can do a job of that ilk. What we need is technically superior players to what already here.

If mcleish gets his way, even the players remaining with that will be shipped out.

I wouldnt worry. I think he'll be gone soon and very much doubt there's anything in the Karl Henry link.

I reckon McLeish knows the type of player we need but would still be incapable of getting the best out of them. Or even an average amount.

Well, having taken a poll amongst our family (including ST holders of almost 40yrs), the general consensus is that possibly only one of them will renew. To a man (and one woman), they have taken that decision with a heavy heart and I know that it would take just one act on Lerners part to change their minds.

Personally speaking, I hope and pray that will come to fruition before next week is out.

Everybody forgets the most important fact. They think he is a good manager.

I would think the clubs thoughts of him have dipped some what after this abortion of a season.

Leaving by mutual consent after the Nowich game imo.

Â