The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Thought that myself 'Mantis' but watching today's game reminded me too much of our team and it completely shocked me as to how poor QPR were.

If they go down and we stay up i don't think i'd be touching any of their players either.

They were undoubtedly poor, but they're not always like that. They've won a few games recently which is something we can only dream of.

That said, I think they'll go down.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McLeish could still be manager next season regardless. In terms of how improbable things are, i would suggest that Lerner hiring McLeish is much more unthinkable than Lerner not sacking him and as such I am not sure we have any idea what is actually going on either behind the scenes, or in Lerner's head. There is definitely some part of the puzzle that is missing that we are not privy to.

MON leaving. McLeish getting hired. McLeish not getting fired.

We can't really be sure what the true rationale for any of those is and so I'm inclined to think that trying to guess the mind of Randy Lerner is an impossibility. We are completely in the dark, throwing money at an angry dog that keeps biting us, and the lightswitch is in another building.

Randy can not afford another relegation scrap. People say McLeish has saved us money with transfers and reducing the wage bill. Thats bullshit, the club have cut the costs, McLeish has cost us money from the position in the league, losing fans and through shit transfers, also wasting our 10-25 million pound players. Lerner might have **** up here and there but he is a billionaire and no mug.

That article is tosh.

The way they put 'almost certain' in quotation marks implies someone actually said that he's 'almost certain' to leave, which they didn't (aside from the journalist himself), they suggest that Randy Lerner gave him a vote of confidence, which he didn't (not publicly anyway), and it also claims that McLeish's family were subjected to abuse at the Bolton game, which I'm fairly certain is an absolute fabrication.

Sh*t journalism.

McLeish Out day is fast approaching

What the hell is McLeish out day ?

When?

What is the plan/objective/goal?

Well initially 'McLeish Out Day' was an organised protest against McLeish with banners and flyers and this was set to take place on 6th May 2012 when we play Spurs.

I guess now 'McLeish Out Day' will probably be a day of celebration held on a Public Holiday and occurs every year on the anniversary of (or the nearest working day to) the day that Alex McLeish and Aston Villa are no longer connected.

:lol:

Are you saying there are fans planning a protest inside the ground when we play spurs ??

I think that was the intention and my previous post does state was.

There is a strong possibility that circumstances post the Bolton game have had an impact on the need for any high profile protest inside the ground so it may either not go ahead at all or be held after the game with Spurs.

However, I am not a spokesperson or representative of this group merely an observer so if you want a categoric answer to your question you will have to contact someone at www.mcleishout.co.uk

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

RUMOUR Alex McLeish favourite to take WBA if Hodgson goes to FA.

If only...

Only if he relegates Villa though. He is a London plant to rid the Premier League of West midlands based teams

Ok, listen my understanding was once we are safe this will happen, which is fine

But not while we are in a scrap for a point or two

McLeish is gone anyway so just support the lads

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

RUMOUR Alex McLeish favourite to take WBA if Hodgson goes to FA.

If only...

Ironically the Baggies fans kept chanting his name yesterday to wind us up....let's hope this happens then.

Â