The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate there could potentially be severe financial repercussions, but from a purely footballing perspective, I'm not that bothered if we go down. For the record, I don't want us to, but I have never seen Villa finish lower than 16th or higher than 6th in my entire life (at least not in memory).

The Football League has its perks in my opinion from a fans perspective and we might actually win something! All I'm saying is, honestly, I think I'd probably enjoy watching Villa more if we were high up in the league below than our current situation.

It would also probably phase out a number of people that sit around me who I genuinely think are happy to pay £500 a year to have an excuse to lament their life problems in the open, only through the code of "Given you can't catch a cold" and "I wish (*insert equally shit manager to our current one*) was still in charge."

I'm sure fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Leeds and Coventry would tell you that life outside the Premier League is not such a good time.

Actually you may be wrong as I have spoken to a few who love it in the championship

The very thought of going down sends shivers down my spine, however I could unfortunately see it happening. We have been placing our faith in the fact that there are 3 worst team than us, that's now down to 1. There appears to be an apathy down vp and I just don't think mcleish has it in him to stop the rot. It has extended past the team! I find myself avoiding anything to do with football (talksport, motd) because quite frankly it bloody depresses me! I was there at swindon the day we were promoted back to the old first div, it truely was a great day! My memories and fond but I don't want to do it all again! Mcleish hasn't got it I him to get us out of this hole, its too late to get rid of him, they won't get rid of him, so over to us! The young lads will thrive and buzz of us roaring them on but will freeze if faced with hostility. Let's get this team safe then show the clueless fool what we really feel, a lot more dis-satisfaction and dis-like than his childish vibes in interviews suggest!

As someone who lives abroad, I'd be really pissed off if I couldn't watch the games and was stuck with text/radio commentary - for this reason I'd hate to get relegated.

I live abroad also and if Villa get relegated the only way I would see them on a regular basis is if they were pushing for a top 6 place,if they are out of the top 6 then we would only get1-2 games live.If we do go down and if McStupid is still in charge then I can see us doing another Leed"s or Forest. :cry:

I think people are under the illusion that we still have some top quality players within our squad. We haven't.

Ireland=Good at City but how long ago was that and although his performances for us have improved is he a quality player. Not now!

N'Zogbia=Stood out in a very poor Wigan team that has continually flirted with relegation which as we have found out doesn't make you a quality player.

Gabby= Has always been very inconsistant and whether its due to injuries or not he really hasn't performed for some time now. Top quality, no!

Bent= A very good forward but very rarely makes a goal for himself and relies heavily on decent crosses which obviously haven't been there this season.

Finally Stan. Top man and a fantastic ambassador for our club but top player, no. One reason why we have struggled in midfield for several seasons now.

So anyone thinking that we have players 'way better than the teams around us' are simply deluding themselves. We have sold our quality players and are left with a bottom half squad which are performing to their abilities.

You're confusing "quality" with "form". We've plenty of players who have been off form and who have had a frustrating season. Don't forget that with Young and Downing in the side last year we had just as frustrating a time.

We have players who are quality but are low on confidence and form. Support them and encourage them - it will work wonders.

Eh, no i'm not.

We have sold our quality players and hasn't Ireland improved yet he has still to dominate or influence a game which has resulted in a win for us, say in the same way as Gerard would for Liverpool. Thats what i mean by quality. We simply don't have it anymore and our current position substantiates my point of view.

We have been supporting and encouraging our team from both the terraces and in front of our T.V screens from the start of the season and has it worked wonders? Again our current position would suggest otherwise.

The simply fact of the matter is which you seem incapable of grasping is that we are in a relegation dogfight due to having one of the worst Villa teams that i can remember at Villa Park for a very long time and no amount of supporting or encouraging our team is going to change that without a massive cull in the summer and employing a manager who can spend whatever money is made available wisely!

I appreciate there could potentially be severe financial repercussions, but from a purely footballing perspective, I'm not that bothered if we go down. For the record, I don't want us to, but I have never seen Villa finish lower than 16th or higher than 6th in my entire life (at least not in memory).

The Football League has its perks in my opinion from a fans perspective and we might actually win something! All I'm saying is, honestly, I think I'd probably enjoy watching Villa more if we were high up in the league below than our current situation.

It would also probably phase out a number of people that sit around me who I genuinely think are happy to pay £500 a year to have an excuse to lament their life problems in the open, only through the code of "Given you can't catch a cold" and "I wish (*insert equally shit manager to our current one*) was still in charge."

I'm sure fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Leeds and Coventry would tell you that life outside the Premier League is not such a good time.

Actually you may be wrong as I have spoken to a few who love it in the championship

Its called putting a brave face on it.

So anyone thinking that we have players 'way better than the teams around us' are simply deluding themselves. We have sold our quality players and are left with a bottom half squad which are performing to their abilities.

I think that's one hell of an assumption to excuse the shit Mcleish has served up this season.

No i'm not trying to excuse the manager. He has to take part of the blame for the way in which the team has been set up but there is a dearth of quality in our squad which very few managers could compensate for.

If we had a Moyes then i feel with the current crop of players we would not be hanging on for dear life to our Premiership status but we still would be hovering in and around the bottom half of the table and not able to compete for a top six place or indeed have a decent cup run.

I don't think the players have any faith in McLeish or Grant.

It's clear the fans certainly don't. How can this man be in charge of our great club? It still saddens me to even consider how he was given the job in the first place. A truly monumental **** up by the club and we are all now paying for it.

Cut the excuses, we know why we are where we are. Yes the players aren't as good as some that have graced VP over the last few years but we still have a decent team. A team that should be able to compete, a bloody League 2 team would at least try to get something out of every game, but our gameplan under this joke of a manager is unacceptable.

Lerner clearly doesn't give a shit. We are the laughing stock of the premier league...behind Wolves.

When everyone is fit, which of course they are not at the moment, we have the 11th best squad in the division. Even taking into account the injuries we should still be doing better. We should be where Norwich currently are.

It is simply not good enough.

Just watching match of the day. Strangely McLeish is not in for LMA manager of the season.

morpheus, please don't try and excuse McLeish blaming the players. They might not be top 6 quality at the moment, but they certainly aren't relegation material.

Problem is no player will ever improve under Mcleish and that's a big worry!

Where have i said that i'm trying to excuse McLeish from blaming the players?

I'm debating with another poster who said we have ample quality in our squad which quite evidently we don't as our results have been poor all season even without the current injuries.

Please don't put words in my mouth just to have a pop at me and comment on what i have actually stated in my post.

When everyone is fit, which of course they are not at the moment, we have the 11th best squad in the division

How you work that one out??

Well I was looking at the league table and I looked at each team and considered whether they have a better squad or not. I counted 10 teams who have better players then villa, so 11th. What do you think?

In today's Birmingham Mail:

Alex McLeish felt it was a 'travesty' that Villa lost to Chelsea after bemoaning our 'corners curse' and some 'dodgy decisions' from the officials.

No, Alex, it was a travesty that you were appointed and it was on the cards that we would lose to Chelsea.

On our continual problem of letting in goals from corners Alex McLeish states that "it is frustrating, we're not ugly enough in there". "We're a bit soft in allowing people to run".

Well Alex you have had since last summer to sort out this problem and you still haven't managed to resolve it and we have the worst record in the Premier League in relation to conceding goals from corners plus we are the only Premier League team not score a league goal from a corner.

Alex you have failed on so many fronts and there is not one thing you can hold up as a positive achievement made during your reign as Villa manager. You are well on course to achieving the worst points return in our Premier League history and relegation is, as you have now admitted, a stark reality.

In any other business in any other walk of life you would have been sacked for gross incompetence. You live a charmed and highly paid life and you are taking money under false pretences. If you had told Lerner that what you would achieve this season is what I have stated above plus some of the most boring negative football ever seen at VP then I don't think even he, with his extreme lack of football knowledge, would have given you the job.

If you have a shred of decency in you, and before it is too late, hand in your notice and admit that you are well out of your depth at a club like Aston Villa.

When everyone is fit, which of course they are not at the moment, we have the 11th best squad in the division

How you work that one out??

Well I was looking at the league table and I looked at each team and considered whether they have a better squad or not. I counted 10 teams who have better players then villa, so 11th. What do you think?

In all honestly mate, i think our squad reflects our league position just about right. We have lost all our best players and most of our senior players are now just going through the motions putting in half arsed performances. Half of them dont even want to be here. Our kids are the only real thing to be happy about but its unfair to ask them to come in at this stage and put right what our seniors have managed to **** up all season.

The bottom line is that our squad is painfully average. Comfortably a bottom half squad of players. Major overhaul needed

Â