The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

How much to pay him off?

How much will we lose if we go down?

I'd estimate between 5-10m to sack him.

No way he's only on £1 million per season on a 3 year contract you could get rid for £2 million. Relegation would cost the club approximately £45 million. It's too late to sack him now anyway - who you going to put in charge? Do a Wolves and put a caretaker in charge?

I've championed the best available person who is available right now who could put a bit of fight back into this team and steady a sinking ship...

Curbishley

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much to pay him off?

How much will we lose if we go down?

I'd estimate between 5-10m to sack him.

No way he's only on £1 million per season on a 3 year contract you could get rid for £2 million. Relegation would cost the club approximately £45 million. It's too late to sack him now anyway - who you going to put in charge? Do a Wolves and put a caretaker in charge?

I've championed the best available person who is available right now who could put a bit of fight back into this team and steady a sinking ship...

Curbishley

Curbs woudnt be bad. He has his wits about him, others:

Would love to see us make a statement of intent though and go for Villa Boas.

I know we need to balance the wagebill, but give him the means to rebuild and go for it.

As much as I'd like to, it's hard to blame McLeish for today's game.

Really?

you can see the lack of confidence and complete lack of ability to attack ingrained on the players, albrighton aside did you see anyone beat cole or ivanovic?

the formation and selection still isnt right, 31 games in to the season and he still cant pick a decent starting 11, bannan on the right, didnt work at all, but then against the league/worlds best LB it was never going to work either

defending corners, they werent even decent corners FFS

subs, albrighton was spot on, but why wait for so long to change things when it wasnt working? and heskey...

the man is a clown

Not many options now if we were to get rid of Alex. The only one I can think of maybe Hoddle; he put himself out there for England job and couldn't do worse than the present lot.

Hoddle may be a good manager, but his name is toxic.

Which means, as you suggest, that we pretty much have zero options.

And please nobody say Benitez or AVB. They wouldn't touch us, nor is it certain that that's a bad thing.

We probably need to accept that we have a white knuckle ride to the 38th game with Alec McLeish.

Why is this lump still in charge of our club??? I looked over the team sheet and thought it was the reserves, which didn't bother me, a group of lads on their day can beat anyone, but why the hell would you look to McUseless as the man to inspire a bunch of kids?? What we really needed was a man manager like Martin O'N...... DOH!

I've been trying to think of just one positive thing he has given to the club and I honestly can't think of one. Nothing. Seriously, have a think, there is nothing. The most annoying thing is, he gets paid so much money for complete failure :(

As much as I'd like to, it's hard to blame McLeish for today's game.

Really?

you can see the lack of confidence and complete lack of ability to attack ingrained on the players, albrighton aside did you see anyone beat cole or ivanovic?

the formation and selection still isnt right, 31 games in to the season and he still cant pick a decent starting 11, bannan on the right, didnt work at all, but then against the league/worlds best LB it was never going to work either

defending corners, they werent even decent corners FFS

subs, albrighton was spot on, but why wait for so long to change things when it wasnt working? and heskey...

the man is a clown

I didn't actually make that statement. I replied to it by quoting it.

I believe it was VillaRoy who originally posted it.

Anyway, I'm off to cheer myself up. Can of Stella Cidre opened, Blackpool v So'ton on TV, Pro Evo on other TV and missus' awesome lamb curry for tea.

AM on bbc

Its a shame we are not talking about a win because i thought we had chelsea on the ropes.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

When the manager and a club becomes a laughing stock to it's own fans, let alone the rest of the League, it really is time to sit up and take note.

If he truly believes what he's said tonight, he should not only be sacked but sectioned.

Â