The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

A decent result but my problem is after making the game seem pretty comfortable for 80 minutes, instead of making a sub or trying something different to win the game, Mcleish tells us to sit back and hang on to the draw. It perfectly summed up his negative attitude. We have good attacking players and if the ones out there aren't working (yes Charles I'm looking at you) then try something different and take a risk. A more adventurous attitude would have easily seen a couple of our draws turned into wins - and of course we might have lost a few as well but we end up with more points.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the prat moaning on MoTD about the lack of a goal hungry poaching striker when the keeper missed handled the N'Zogbia freekick. I will give you a clue Alex he was sat behind you, he is the chap who has been isolated all season because of your shite tactics, he is probably the best poacher in the league and he is totally wasted playing for you.

Just heard the prat moaning on MoTD about the lack of a goal hungry poaching striker when the keeper missed handled the N'Zogbia freekick. I will give you a clue Alex he was sat behind you, he is the chap who has been isolated all season because of your shite tactics, he is probably the best poacher in the league and he is totally wasted playing for you.

But he was talking about this one particular game was he not and said striker was injured.

i think Stoke have won or are unbeaten in 6 games in a row so harsh to say out of form

OK what I mean by out of form is that they were absolute shite against us yet we just seemed content not lose. An attitude that I think Alex McLeish is all to familiar with.

Stoke may well have played well in their previous games but today they were there for the taking.

Is it possible to be certain that Stoke were poor despite Villa or because of Villa? Stoke's recent good form would point to the later and therefore not exactly 'there for the taking'.

It was a decent point away at a physical team in good form. Sure a 3-3 draw would have been more exciting but would also have invited more 'our defence is sh!t' comments. :bonk:

Well I guess it's all a matter of a point of view. From what I saw I wouldn't say that the reason Stoke were so poor wasn't because of anything Villa did, they were just poor.

Anyway as I said this is a good result on paper. We'll lose against Chelsea so that game against Swansea at home has become very very important for us (and McLeish).

A decent result but my problem is after making the game seem pretty comfortable for 80 minutes, instead of making a sub or trying something different to win the game, Mcleish tells us to sit back and hang on to the draw. It perfectly summed up his negative attitude. We have good attacking players and if the ones out there aren't working (yes Charles I'm looking at you) then try something different and take a risk. A more adventurous attitude would have easily seen a couple of our draws turned into wins - and of course we might have lost a few as well but we end up with more points.

100% this. Had Mcleish adopted a more positive attitude late on we could've been looking at 3 points instead of 1. Stoke were poor yesterday.

What we lacked was a midfielder that could make runs into space as both Gabby and Fonz to a lesser extent dragged the centre halves out of position. We didn't have the creativity on the pitch to exploit the space left behind although there were a couple left sitting on the bench.......

A poor team selection from Mcleish.

Why was it?

Collins/Heskey both shouldn't be in the team.

Not regularly no, but against Stoke I think it was justified. Emile played well first half and Collins had one of his better games. We could have had Clark there but again against Stoke I doubt he would have competed as well. Plus Clark played well last night in the role given. So no it I dont think it was a poor team selection.

I'm almost at the stage now where I believe Villa losing every match would be a long term benefit to Villa. We need McLeish out and any wins that come our way will delay this. It's a sad state of affairs when this happens.
I kind of feel the same way. I want Villa to win, but at the same time the prospect of a defeat doesn't bother me as much because I know it will push McLeish closer to the exit, and we all know that the long term future of Villa rests on McLeish not being here. I would like to see McLeish turn it around, as that would surely mean winning and playing reasonable football, but I just can't see it. At the moment we're either playing out bore draws or resigning ourselves to defeats.

Why was it?

Who would you have played instead of Collins?

dont think we had any other defenders available so Collins had to play

I hope we'll finish 17th because it would be a total disaster, but we would still remain in the league. That should get rid of McLeish. There's no way the same amount of fans will go next season if he's still here.

The only problem is we'll have to rely on the board getting the next appointment right. That's another barrier right there.

Why was it?

Who would you have played instead of Collins?

dont think we had any other defenders available so Collins had to play

Either Clark or Cuellar at CB, with Lichaj or Herd at RB.

Â