The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I shouldn't be surprised at negativity on VT but I thought we played well tonight, just lacked a bit of cutting edge and clinical finishing required.

We did have most of the possession and created the best chances - positives there surely??

the problem was most of the possession was in our own half or near the centre circle, and most of the passing was sideways or backwards. stoke sat quite deep and gave us the middle of the pitch, anytime we got near their box they started to pressure us and we had very little in response. most of the time we just whacked in an aimless cross or gave it away with a sloppy pass

what did we actually create? fonz forced a good save and we had the weak nzogbia free kick that sorensen tried to gift us a goal from. those were the only 2 shots on target. we also hit the post from a set piece as well. aside from that we had nzogbias ambitious shot wide from the corner of the penalty box, and when one of our midfielders in petrov actually managed to get in the stoke box and chose to shoot from a tight angle. he could have squared it yes but stoke had our 2 players covered with 3 of theirs. and one of our players was heskey. it wasnt exactly a standout chance.

for me the above is the most damning thing about mcleish. you can go back to games and easily recall the times we got even a sniff at goal, because it happens so rarely. i can deal with a lack of cutting edge in isolation, sometimes you have an off day upfront. but under mcleish its every game.

Indeed. It's getting really depressing being a Villa fan at the moment. I just want him gone.

McLeish was a needless crap experiment and football has been predictably awful - whoever made such the stupid decision to hire him needs sacking multiple times.

McLeish will only alienate an entire generation of potential fans if given 3 years of his truly turd antifootball shite.

was a shit game but many other managers wont win at Stoke. Would say outside top teams the Brittania is a tough place to win and not many teams will win there this year

True Stoke is always a tough place to get a point

But we have a manager exceptionally worse than Tony Pullis which does not help.

Tony Pullis is lightyears ahead of our turd manager.

McLeish "get back" antifootball championship shit manager must be a very bad joke by Lerner and co and needs to end sooner rather than later.

well Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs all didnt win at Brittania either, i suppose their managers are anti football mangers as well?

Did you actually watch our game ?

As i did and it was again utterly incoherent absolute shite antifootball. Utter shite.

An embarrasement on any level.

This complete idiot will only cause longterm damage at our club.

well for me as an away team we had the best chances in Fonz and Heskey. Except for Wilson header Stoke had nothing. As i said Stoke is toughest stadium outside top 6 to travel. We have barely got points there in last 4 seasons and many other teams be the same situation

was a shit game but many other managers wont win at Stoke. Would say outside top teams the Brittania is a tough place to win and not many teams will win there this year

Yes a point at Stoke is good on paper but Stoke were dreadful all game long and offered no attacking threat at all. If we can't create chances against an out of form Stoke side where are we going to get three points?

The only games we've won this season are against Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan (bottom three and will probably all go down) and then Norwich (newly promoted).

McLeish is just a dreadful, negative manager who will never achieve anything with Villa. If anyone thinks he'll do something here, what are you basing it on? I'm genuinely interested. (Sorry, not just aimed at you Zatman)

If we can't create chances against an out of form Stoke side where are we going to get three points?

i think Stoke have won or are unbeaten in 6 games in a row so harsh to say out of form

Am not saying Eck is Mourinho but being criticized for not winning at Stoke is harsh considering MON never won there

i think Stoke have won or are unbeaten in 6 games in a row so harsh to say out of form

OK what I mean by out of form is that they were absolute shite against us yet we just seemed content not lose. An attitude that I think Alex McLeish is all to familiar with.

Stoke may well have played well in their previous games but today they were there for the taking.

Oh God not the old MON chestnut again ...

You should have noticed MON has already won half the ammount of games as McCrap has done all season within 3 games !

Lets forget this comparison game as just ends up as embarrasing - we have a ridiculously shit manager now and no one can be arsed to conjure up a half decent excuse for his shitness.

OK what I mean by out of form is that they were absolute shite against us yet we just seemed content not lose. An attitude that I think Alex McLeish is all to familiar with.

Stoke may well have played well in their previous games but today they were there for the taking.

Is it possible to be certain that Stoke were poor despite Villa or because of Villa? Stoke's recent good form would point to the later and therefore not exactly 'there for the taking'.

It was a decent point away at a physical team in good form. Sure a 3-3 draw would have been more exciting but would also have invited more 'our defence is sh!t' comments. :bonk:

I couldn't be arsed to watch the whole boring game, they were shite and we were shite.

2 crap managers playing anti football.

For me the best thing was when the camera's showed the ginger dog, WTF was going on with his barnet??? **** he is on ugly "word removed".

I guess we will now have to listen to just how good/big/unbeatable blah,blah, blah Chelsea are, sigh............**** hate this crap.

If we can't create chances against an out of form Stoke side where are we going to get three points?

Am not saying Eck is Mourinho but being criticized for not winning at Stoke is harsh considering MON never won there

Yeah but I think the point some are trying to make and that I am putting forward is this is a consistent problem across our season, we cant create chances.

A draw at Stoke as an isolated result is a good result but given how we have played this season as a whole, the fact that we dont create chances, the fact our best striker (who yes wasnt available today) has the least amount of touches in the premiership, our defence that has been leaking goals, we cant defend set pieces, our midfield gets run over most games, our new star signing in N'Zogbia is really struggling to settle, our captain struggles after 60 minutes in most games, our manager who has limited tactics (that's me being polite) and keeps saying after games that we played well (WTF) then peoples views are coming from half a season of football not really Stoke in isolation..........

Â