The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

When you have a clueless and completely inept manager at the helm who 90-95% of the fans want gone (and never wanted in the first place) and are consistently going for draws and sliding down the table I fail to see how that's not a mess.

Baring in mind that a lot of fans were saying hed have to work miracles to keep us up, and were ahead of schedule in that - (not that its my seasons goal/expectations btw), I would say its far from a mess.

In fact, id argue that the fans extreme opinions of what is essentially a steady season so far (albeit a dull one) are what is really a mess.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a clueless and completely inept manager at the helm who 90-95% of the fans want gone (and never wanted in the first place) and are consistently going for draws and sliding down the table I fail to see how that's not a mess.

I imagine there is a significant proportion of fans who want him gone, whether it's actually over 90% we don't know. I'd like to believe there was a significant number of fans who hope AMc turns things around, however unlikely we thing that will be. Being a 'mess' is just a subjective term that depends on what things are compared to. I've known both 'tidier' and 'messier' times at the Villa.

Baring in mind that a lot of fans were saying hed have to work miracles to keep us up, and were ahead of schedule in that - (not that its my seasons goal/expectations btw), I would say its far from a mess.

In fact, id argue that the fans extreme opinions of what is essentially a steady season so far (albeit a dull one) are what is really a mess.

4 wins out of 18 games is good enough for you? Lol.

Nope, and i fail to see where I said it was.

Nope, and i fail to see where I said it was.

I would call our lack of wins a massive mess. That's the whole point of football. Winning games.

Jeez, how did you get that from what Woodytom wrote?

We're on a positive run! A good performance against Arsenal (despite losing) and a good performance against Stoke (despite not scoring) without really ever testing out the goalkeeper! Woohoo, McLeish is so awesome he decided to keep it sealed instead of trying to change the game for the win.

Just ignore the majority of the bottom half teams who have managed to get a result from a top 6 team. We're so **** awesome to get something from Stoke away! We don't have SHA mentality at all. Someone extend McLeish's contract right now!

Bearing in mind what I said, how is the situation not a mess?

Steady? Only if count consistently being poor and negative is steady. Right now we're steadily slipping down the table.

Of course it's a mess. Yes there have been messier times but that doesn't mean things aren't a terrible terrible mess now. And it'll only get worse.

1. A silent chairman who is selling assets and lowering the wage bill blah blah blah.

2. A terrible manager.

3. Too many shit overpaid players on the books.

4. Lowering attendances that will steadily carry on declining.

5. Boring matches.

6. Knowing A LOT of other managers turned us down having been told the restraints they'd be working under and hence leaving the fans worrying about who would even replace McShitey.

7. Alan Hutton.

8. Our most exciting young player's great form comes to a sudden drop when he is arrested for drunk driving.

9. Arguably our best striker in premiership history has missed pretty much the whole of the festive campaign due to injury.

10. 3 goals in 7 games.

11. Jermaine Jenus.

12. Our defending at set pieces.

13. James Col.... just lost interest in carrying on this list as it's too depressing and I can't actually believe that someone could describe our season as 'steady'.

OOOHHH steadily in DECLINE. Sorry I misunderstood.

So Blackburn manages to get something from Liverpool (away) and Wolves gets something from Arsenal (away).

We on the other hand just roll over and hand both of these top 6 teams 3 points (at home) when it's certainly possible to beat them.

Fans seem to be forgetting who we are. We're not SHA btw. Don't accept this level of dross from this incompetent manager.

Â