The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing beats his laughable and embarassing positive spin of "We went right at Spurs" after being camped in our own half at WHL for 99% of the match.

That's when you go hang on a minute. Something isn't right here. **** off.

He also thought we got at Man Utd in the second half :suspect:

I am serioulsy starting to wonder if McLeish has certain things in common with David Blunkett

Tickets for Liverpool home game are on general sale.

Last year you had to have a booking history.

I think that in itself says it all.

In fairness, last year was the last game of the season as opposed to being on Christmas fixture list

In fairness, last year was the last game of the season as opposed to being on Christmas fixture list

True. But aren't Christmas fixture attendances usually inflated?

I just want him gone, he's been as bad (if not worse) at Villa as he was for Birmingham City. Randy can't just bury his head in the sand and pretend we're on the right course, we're clearly not. Sign that severance cheque now, before it costs us much much more.

Wonder what the get outs in his contracts are like, being as this was oh so predictable.

Hardly think so in the current economic climate, not a week before Christmas when there is one over the holiday period. The Saturday before Xmas is notoriously poor for attendances mate.

Hardly think so in the current economic climate, not a week before Christmas when there is one over the holiday period. The Saturday before Xmas is notoriously poor for attendances mate.

When I phoned up to get a ticket for Tottenham, I was offered tickets for Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal games - which is never normally the case. Either the ticket office is being more proactive or they are finding it harder to sell them.

I just want him gone, he's been as bad (if not worse) at Villa as he was for Birmingham City. Randy can't just bury his head in the sand and pretend we're on the right course, we're clearly not. Sign that severance cheque now, before it costs us much much more.

Wonder what the get outs in his contracts are like, being as this was oh so predictable.

I noted Randy's look of dismay during the Manyoo match and PF's unhappy, sheepish reaction.

I'm assuming hasn't just shrugged his shoulders and flown back to the states but might be thinking about doing something.

McLeish needs to be set a points target. He's had long enough to get the team into shape. It's getting a bit late now to save the situation.

Fair enough my mind is going I think I genuinely thought the opposite but you are probably right on reflection.

Interesting stat...

OptaJoe Opta Sports

0 - Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League without a goal from a corner this season. Bereft. @cmavfc15

That's one thing I thought we would be good at as pretty sure SHA used to score shed loads from them last season and the one before.

I am serioulsy starting to wonder if McLeish has certain things in common with David Blunkett

I'm seriously starting to wonder if McLeish has certain things in common with Ali Hassan al-Majid...

What an absolute bellend. Yes. he won titles at Rangers. I have friends who support Rangers and they say he is always negative, shit, embarrassing tactics.

How do you finish 3rd in Scotland with Rangers? Thats the man managing our club.

“I think it’s a myth, I just think it’s a myth. I think in all my days as a coach and manager I’ve had pretty dynamic teams all the way,” said McLeish.

“Even the Birmingham team that went down when I took over from Steve Bruce; James McFadden and Mikael Forssell were magnificent until McFadden got injured for the last few months.

Oh dear. I hope the protests start up soon. £1m a year for this f@cking donkey?

For a second I actually thought there reading it back, that was someone pissing about..but it isn't.. :cry: :cry:

What an absolute bellend. Yes. he won titles at Rangers. I have friends who support Rangers and they say he is always negative, shit, embarrassing tactics.

How do you finish 3rd in Scotland with Rangers? Thats the man managing our club.

“I think it’s a myth, I just think it’s a myth. I think in all my days as a coach and manager I’ve had pretty dynamic teams all the way,” said McLeish.

“Even the Birmingham team that went down when I took over from Steve Bruce; James McFadden and Mikael Forssell were magnificent until McFadden got injured for the last few months.

For a second I actually thought there reading it back, that was someone pissing about..but it isn't.. :cry: :cry:

The worst thing about that quote is he actually undermines himself, yes they were a decent team going forward but as he says himself it was Steve Bruce's side. The teams he built were anything but attacking.

The worst thing about that quote is he actually undermines himself, yes they were a decent team going forward but as he says himself it was Steve Bruce's side. The teams he built were anything but attacking.

Exactly mate. How he can call his team "dynamic" is beyond me.

Its the same crap every single week "we need to show character". Its depressing.

I hope the protests start up soon. £1m a year for this f@cking donkey?

He's on at least £2m a year. Add to that the compensation paid to O'Neill and Houllier. There's no way McLeish will be sacked as we'd have to pay up his contract (approx. £5m). He's going nowhere sadly.

Â